No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a break !

They were sacked !

Are you seriously trying to tell me that they were sacked 'just because', a day or two after telling me that 'no, no, no we couldn't sack the ENTIRE football department.....'?

So the 'vibe' matters to you today? Not the details?

I can see why Ben runs circles around you mate.

So you think Bomber doesn't want Hird back? You remind me of the time Caro told Sheedy she knew what he was thinking better than he did.

I have no idea if Thompson wants Hird back - It's irrelevant because employees follow the club line - And that's the way it should be.

The AFL can think what they want. If we didn't cheat, then it is irrelevant.

Why did they reneg - seems pretty obvious it became public. I'll let you work out the rest.

I dare say ASADA have more info because we cooperated so openly and we are the bigger fish to fry. They smash Cronulla and send them to the wall, I can see some ramifications for them.

Melbourne and GC are of no interest? WTF? Vlad said he would investigate Melb. So where is it? Where is the consistency?

Bock - rumoured positive test, Dank and Robinson working at GC yet us hiring them was used against us on the charge sheet. Again I'll let you work that out.

You said in the previous post Hird started the program so bore responsibility. This conversation is based on that premise. So how the lawyers are involved is apparently his fault based on your causation argument.

Pevers - The important issue is who and why the AFL/ASADA agreement was leaked - And we know it ended up in the PM's office - That agreement governed our actions from February to August 2013 - It's unforgiveable that the AFL allowed ASADA to renege on the agreement.

Peter Costello says hi. To suggest that we are being punished because of a Liberal Party agenda really is jumping the shark.

I am comfortable with my assessment - VLAD put the Libs offside on more than one occasion - Are you suggesting the ALP ( Govt at the time ) asked ASADA to renege on the agreement - Why do you think all year the AFLPA said ' the players will be fine ' - Why do you think Jobe admitted that he may have used AOD ? - Why would the AFL ask Essendon to self report if they had been target testing in 2012 with no positive results ? Because our club was informed the players would be all-clear .

ASADA haven't jumped the shark with Cronulla. o_O

Are you seriously trying to tell me that they were sacked 'just because', a day or two after telling me that 'no, no, no we couldn't sack the ENTIRE football department.....'?

So the 'vibe' matters to you today? Not the details?

I can see why Ben runs circles around you mate.

Yeah 2 members of the footy department left - This is hardly the whole Footy Department of 30 staff.

Robson was contracted and suddenly resigned. Didn't Robson leave shortly after the release of the Switkovski report? What was the subject of the Switkovski report.

Corcoran's contract wasn't renewed at the end of his suspension.

I am discussing staff who have left EFC since 2013 - You can continue discussing the vibe.

Then how do you know he is lying?

When did i write that Thompson is lying ! Clubs and their employees say what suits the clubs needs. Do you think a player will come out and say they hate Caroline Wilson ? - Not on your life - But it's highly likely some players have no time for Caro - They don;t say it publically but according to your logic they must be telling the truth.

Yeah 2 members of the footy department left - This is hardly the whole Footy Department of 30 staff.

Wait what?

Have we actually sacked anyone over this saga since Feb 4 last year, or are you just talking shite?

Where is Corcoran ?

Where is Robson ?

Neither were sacked.

Give me a break !

They were sacked !

Normally it takes more posts.... well there you go.

My advice to your good self is as follows - express your opinion as much as you like, don't try and trade facts with people that will hand you your ass everyday of the week.

Of course Robson was sacked, come on guys give me a break. Corcoran wasn't asked back, same thing.

Robson's resignation was rejected at first, and only accepted a few months later. Apparently Corcoran declined a new contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robson's resignation was rejected at first, and only accepted a few months later. Apparently Corcoran declined a new contract.

He offered to resign in Feb but club still needed him to sort things out and help Evans. After Ziggy report he was a cooked goose and pretty much admitted it.
The resignation rejection does not in any way diminish his culpability. Put it another way, if this thing never happened Robson would still be CEO.

Bombers chairman Evans acknowledged Robson had been willing to take responsibility for the club's failings prior to Thursday's announcement.

Evans thanked Robson for his work to see Essendon through "the first part of a difficult period" for the club.

"There's no doubt the club has made mistakes," he said,

"Ian has put his hand up today to take responsibility for what happened on his watch."

So disappointing that 18+ months on.. and there are still multiple journalists and even more 'general public' that have no idea how a doping case works. 10,000 articles and daily 'information' and yet so many fail to comprehend the concepts and obligations of 'burden of proof'.

What hope do you have in such a climate? When the head of ASADA doesn't even know what he needs to prove and to whom. I understand Ings tweeted.. but how is that seriously not bigger news? I thought it at the time and still am baffled.. the head of ASADA is 'very confident' he has enough information to issue SC and 'proceed further' but has no clue as to what he has to prove and to what level???

Mind boggling.. and for those who aren't sure.. ASADA needs to put either the banned SUBSTANCE in the athletes body or a CLEAR INTENTION TO USE THE SUBSTANCE for each athlete. We know they can't do the first bit.. because no positive tests.. as for the second one.. good luck proving intention when everything is laid out in consent forms and EVERY player denies intending to dope etc.. Forget all the waffle.. this will ultimately come down to a burden of proof.. and right now they can't even confidently put a banned substance at the club.. let alone an intention to use it for an athlete..

I just hope Middleton cuts this charade down before irreparable damage is done..

That's not at all what I'm arguing.

He resigned, he wasn't sacked.

He resigned before he was sacked.

"Ian has put his hand up today to take responsibility for what happened on his watch."

He resigned before he was sacked.

So we're agreed. He wasn't sacked. Which was my entire point.

So we're agreed. He wasn't sacked. Which was my entire point.
I agree he wasn't sacked.. but I am glad he resigned tbh.

IMHO.. it was those guys that SHOULD have been following this more closely.. far more so than the Evil Overlord.

Things like the 'letter' apparently sitting in a desk drawer.. no governance structures etc etc... yes I believe it has been blown WAY out of proportion.. but on the face of it.. our footy department administration side of things wasn't exactly the best in the business at that time..

I agree he wasn't sacked.. but I am glad he resigned tbh.

IMHO.. it was those guys that SHOULD have been following this more closely.. far more so than the Evil Overlord.

Things like the 'letter' apparently sitting in a desk drawer.. no governance structures etc etc... yes I believe it has been blown WAY out of proportion.. but on the face of it.. our footy department administration side of things wasn't exactly the best in the business at that time..

Only Damo is the "best in the business" :rolleyes:

And how many players are guilty of doping? How may Yaco? Why aren't GC being investigated with the primary suspect retiring today? Where is the investigation into Melbourne Vlad promised.

in the interest of transparency, let all clubs publish the details of their supplements program's for the past 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back