Unofficial Preview Round 19 Early Thoughts: Sydney Swans vs Essendon - SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God he used to carve us up.

essendon in the dominant sheedy times had some real pricks who carves us up, he was one of them

had a lot of "dirty" players or hard if i am being fair

essendon in the dominant sheedy times had some real pricks who carves us up, he was one of them

I always felt Sheedy got them to lift whenever they played us in the late 90s / early 2000s as a result of losing the 1996 prelim. They just seemed to have that extra hunger to win.

I always felt Sheedy got them to lift whenever they played us in the late 90s / early 2000s as a result of losing the 1996 prelim. They just seemed to have that extra hunger to win.

Aka the the Mark Bolton rule lol! The spud played 2 good games a year lol

i was thinking even further back

they always seemed to make the scg seem smaller than usual the dons

then yeah in the years your talking i never forget the one at the mcg lloyd kicking 13 and that final in 99 mecuri won it in the first quarter wasnt even close

then yeah in the years your talking i never forget the one at the mcg lloyd kicking 13 and that final in 99 mecuri won it in the first quarter wasnt even close

Nothing was working he destroyed poor Luffy and Dunkley we even had Stafford at one point drop back and he leapt over him! was kicking goals out of his arse that day.

I remember the long drawn out wait of Lloyd going for goal. Picking up the grass from the SCG (despite the clear signs reading DO NOT PICK THE GRASS) and letting it blow in the breeze, like some little girl with a dandelion. Complete woos.

I remember the long drawn out wait of Lloyd going for goal. Picking up the grass from the SCG (despite the clear signs reading DO NOT PICK THE GRASS) and letting it blow in the breeze, like some little girl with a dandelion. Complete woos.

Mouth always wide open too

Nothing was working he destroyed poor Luffy and Dunkley we even had Stafford at one point drop back and he leapt over him! was kicking goals out of his arse that day.

I was really close to that mark and it is still a very vivid memory. We were either just up at quarter time but he put one knee on dunkleys shoulder and stafford kind of vaguely had his hands up and luff was trying to spoil from behind. I still thought we might win it even then but...

Yeesh. 1999. Forget the Prince song. I wasn't partying at any bombers games that year.

Our season effectively ended in round 3 when Lloyd kicked 13 goals on us.

In our forward line that night....Stephan Carey. Yikes.

At the MCG watching: Tuco...slightly delirious. :p

Yes. Any win against the bombers is a good win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, my only concern is how scratchy Shaw can be on return.
I tend to agree too but I also agree that a player on return is not the player of three to four matches. Shaw last year returned and was pretty dreadful in his first match back. His kicking was terrible because of lack of match practice. I would rather all the injured players play at least one in the twos to get match fitness back and their radar right. We have enough players to cover at this stage.

Would have went back and nailed it though ;)

Enough of 1999 this is 1014. Prince has been the 'artist who was known as Prince' and is now Prince again. We have won 2 premierships. Time to move on and discuss this game. If you want to reminisce then start a thread devoted to 1999.

Not sure we will change anything at this stage. I think training might just have been a bit more intense this week. A little sus that we took it too easy in the break. I think we need to ramp up the skills training and concentration drills. Mal stuffed up three times in a row and goals were conceded because of those basic errors. Mind you our players were not making space and getting into it by extra effort either. We seemed very static at times last week. That has to be fixed this week. Our mids were caught on the wrong side of the contest constantly and that led to clearances by the Hawks. We need to fix that. I saw Longmire glaring and yelling at Stewie on several occasions. He was not happy with the mid set ups at all.

If we change the side it will be to send a message to the players. But I think the assistant coaches might have had some big meetings this week with Horse. Some of the set ups were really old and had been easily countered by the Hawks in previous games. This includes the kick outs, mid set ups, boundary throw in set ups.

I don't see Lloyd as a tagging option and he is never going to match someone like Smith or Hill for pace anyway. I thought the match ups were pretty bad last week. At some stages we had Birdy on Smith. We can't allow Birdy to be exploited again by a pacy player, we need to get the match ups we want. We were very slow to respond to mismatches last week we can't afford to do the same this week.

Both sides are having trouble in the ruck. Rider is a good player but when he rests there is basically no replacement. Having your FB in the ruck will not work against us as our forwards will tear them to pieces. We have the problem that our number one ruck got only 21 HO last week. That is pretty pathetic. I know their rucks are good but ours have to be better. Because of their dominance they were able to push the ball to their defensive side of stoppages which has been our Achilles for a long time as for some reason we don't seem to defend it. We can't allow Rider to do the same this week.

We will know tonight who the ins and outs are good luck and hope the best teams wins, in other words US LOL!

Enough of 1999 this is 1014. Prince has been the 'artist who was known as Prince' and is now Prince again. We have won 2 premierships. Time to move on and discuss this game. If you want to reminisce then start a thread devoted to 1999.

Not sure we will change anything at this stage. I think training might just have been a bit more intense this week. A little sus that we took it too easy in the break. I think we need to ramp up the skills training and concentration drills. Mal stuffed up three times in a row and goals were conceded because of those basic errors. Mind you our players were not making space and getting into it by extra effort either. We seemed very static at times last week. That has to be fixed this week. Our mids were caught on the wrong side of the contest constantly and that led to clearances by the Hawks. We need to fix that. I saw Longmire glaring and yelling at Stewie on several occasions. He was not happy with the mid set ups at all.

If we change the side it will be to send a message to the players. But I think the assistant coaches might have had some big meetings this week with Horse. Some of the set ups were really old and had been easily countered by the Hawks in previous games. This includes the kick outs, mid set ups, boundary throw in set ups.

I don't see Lloyd as a tagging option and he is never going to match someone like Smith or Hill for pace anyway. I thought the match ups were pretty bad last week. At some stages we had Birdy on Smith. We can't allow Birdy to be exploited again by a pacy player, we need to get the match ups we want. We were very slow to respond to mismatches last week we can't afford to do the same this week.

Both sides are having trouble in the ruck. Rider is a good player but when he rests there is basically no replacement. Having your FB in the ruck will not work against us as our forwards will tear them to pieces. We have the problem that our number one ruck got only 21 HO last week. That is pretty pathetic. I know their rucks are good but ours have to be better. Because of their dominance they were able to push the ball to their defensive side of stoppages which has been our Achilles for a long time as for some reason we don't seem to defend it. We can't allow Rider to do the same this week.

We will know tonight who the ins and outs are good luck and hope the best teams wins, in other words US LOL!

:D

1014! The Age of the Barbarian conquests! Bring it on!

Vikings_S02P12,_cast.png

7020-1.jpg

FWIW we in Sydney don't bow the Victorian Footy Gods either, and will show them a thing or two about how to win. Burn their churches, steal their Premiership cups, and spend the off season drinking ourselves stupid and waiting to do ti all over again next year.

:D

But deferring to your points, I think we'll see a pretty focused outfit on Friday night.

King copped a some flak about isolating JPK as a weak link. But Joey would be the first to acknowledge his midfield group needs to lift.

Any chance Shaw in for Loyd?

I really hope the team has worked on their disposal this week, against the Hawks we had some shocking turnovers that cost us the game and alot of them weren't even under that much pressure.

We need to stamp on the pressure at the opening bounce. The Bombers, while they have been pretty good the last month seem to be a confidence side so if we can be a couple of goals in front and dominate most of the possession in the first quarter then their confidence should be down and this particularly involves Carlisle so if we can keep him to 0 goals after the first then that's a big bonus for us.

I think we need McGlynn, Jetta, Rohan or Cunningham to play exclusively in the forward line. I noticed last week that if we kick long to a one on one with either Tippet or Goodes that if they can't mark the ball and it hits the ground the ball get's rebound quicker than you can say "Goodesy lay the ******* tackle". We really need that small crumbing forward that can kick a sneaky 2-3 goals off crumbs.

Winderlich has been starting mainly in the backline this season, but his cameos forward concern me. He has great acceleration. Rohan/Cunningham the likely candidates to pick him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back