Sim Feature Requests, Suggestions & Bug Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing, I understood from what we said was that if contested possessions effect exie scores. I relied stating the contested possessions would only effect SuperCoach scores.
...Even though there's never been anything like a SuperCoach score in Qooty.

Right.

I'm talking about building contested marks into the sim, the same way the current stats are. Thus giving KPPs higher match scores and a better chance at polling well in the Mobbs Medal.

I'm talking about building contested marks into the sim, the same way the current stats are. Thus giving KPPs higher match scores and a better chance at polling well in the Mobbs Medal.

I think the point that are trying to make Footy is that Contested Marks and Uncontested marks are considered Marks in DT scoring systems, which is what we use. Likewise for Exie.

To change that would mean we move to a more Supercoach scoring type structure, which would require some significant changes.

I think the point that are trying to make Footy is that Contested Marks and Uncontested marks are considered Marks in DT scoring systems, which is what we use. Likewise for Exie.

To change that would mean we move to a more Supercoach scoring type structure, which would require some significant changes.

I know nothing about programming so I have no idea how much work it would take, but surely you could just change a certain percentage of "marks" to "contested marks" the same way you have two types of disposals. You either kick or you handball. Marks would be even easier because they have no baring on the next play sequence.

I know nothing about programming so I have no idea how much work it would take, but surely you could just change a certain percentage of "marks" to "contested marks" the same way you have two types of disposals. You either kick or you handball. Marks would be even easier because they have no baring on the next play sequence.

Would it be that significant of an increase though? We average what, 7 marks a game?

Hell, I average one mark a game as a FF.

Mobbs Medal votes are calculated according to the AFL's Player Ranking. Each type of possession is given a particular score according to where on the ground the possession took place and it's effectiveness. A player can also receive negative points in this calculation. The top three scoters at the end of the game are given the 3-2-1 votes. You can read more about this by going onto the AFL and finding the player rankings PDF.

Would it be that significant of an increase though? We average what, 7 marks a game?

Hell, I average one mark a game as a FF.

Well assuming a mark was worth 2 points and a contested mark 4 points. You may have 4 uncontested marks and 3 contested, giving you 20 points instead of 14 under the current system. You could make contested marks worth even more if people wanted.

This is just an idea. If it's too hard or people don't like I'll just forget about it. No biggie. Just trying to increase the fun for KPPs.

Mobbs Medal votes are calculated according to the AFL's Player Ranking. Each type of possession is given a particular score according to where on the ground the possession took place and it's effectiveness. A player can also receive negative points in this calculation. The top three scoters at the end of the game are given the 3-2-1 votes. You can read more about this by going onto the AFL and finding the player rankings PDF.

So you're kind of saying we already have this?

Well assuming a mark was worth 2 points and a contested mark 4 points. You may have 4 uncontested marks and 3 contested, giving you 20 points instead of 14 under the current system. You could make contested marks worth even more if people wanted.

This is just an idea. If it's too hard or people don't like I'll just forget about it. No biggie. Just trying to increase the fun for KPPs.

Id like to just mark it more imo. 90% of my goals come from bringing the ball to ground and swinging my nine iron at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're kind of saying we already have this?
Yes. But it does not get tallied up. It would need to be done manually. However it goes into detail about location.

Plus, what the sim gene rates in terms of this would not be posted as would reveal who the Mobbs Medal winner is before hand.

Contested marks are already in the sim, for example:
1 : 10.46 {rW} - Fred outbodies Footypie32 and takes a brilliant mark.
I'm not sure whether the sim gives them any greater weight than uncontested marks, however.

No.

For the rest of it, I don't think that location of possession on the ground plays a part, just that some positions are more likely to get votes than others due to their stat-gathering profiles.

i think a cool idea is for the sim to add a @ to the start of each name so it automatically tags the players in the post.

Could it be possible Chief could give special permission to the simmer?

Probably not...Most of us know when the match is on anyway, so we know when to be around for it.

And if you are looking for JUST your own highlights, hit Ctrl+F and search your name.

Probably not...Most of us know when the match is on anyway, so we know when to be around for it.

And if you are looking for JUST your own highlights, hit Ctrl+F and search your name.
Yeah, I thought just incase somebody forgot, logs on and sees a notification for the game.

The Brownlow Medal has never been for KPP, so I don't see why the Mobbs should be balanced tbh.

I agree that it's a midfielders award and I don't expect this would change that anyway. People have complained that KPPs don't get enough of the ball. Doing it this way just means the possessions they do get are valued higher.

"Fred outbodies someone and takes the mark", and
"Fred finds some space and takes the mark"
are identical to the sim, just different comments ripped from the same "intended recipient takes the mark" comments file.

Sim has no idea itself that the former is contested, and the latter uncontested.

Unless of course if it has become sentient.

"Fred outbodies someone and takes the mark", and
"Fred finds some space and takes the mark"
are identical to the sim, just different comments ripped from the same "intended recipient takes the mark" comments file.

Sim has no idea itself that the former is contested, and the latter uncontested.

Unless of course if it has become sentient.

Can we call it Lucy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back