Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Frankston Rover just a quick and dirty upload so everyone can have a geezer. I'll have it cleaner and functioning (ie: the colour coding) for the next round, but all stats herein are accurate including scores, percentages, ladder position when we met our opponent and our thread contribution %s (save for human error).

Norm Landrover You wont see your name added until next the next round is completed :)

LRH8l01.png

Big thanks to Danoz for sharing his template :thumbsu:

If any of you guys want to submit a suggestion as to what Sydney Bloods 's milestone banner should say, then say it now or forever hold you peace. :D

Nifty fifty is where it's at
Sydney Bloods is all the rage
A Warrior to and fro​

Frankston Rover just a quick and dirty upload so everyone can have a geezer. I'll have it cleaner and functioning (ie: the colour coding) for the next round, but all stats herein are accurate including scores, percentages, ladder position when we met our opponent and our thread contribution %s (save for human error).

Norm Landrover You wont see your name added until next the next round is completed :)

LRH8l01.png

Big thanks to Danoz for sharing his template :thumbsu:

Makes perfect sense . . . I wouldn't have expected otherwise

I thought i would weigh in

Sydney bloods 50th
show us your ****
Congratulations

SYDNEY BLOODS - 50 GREAT SFA GAMES

LADIES, FORM AN ORDERLY QUEUE​

also, one thing i don't get about the stats

amos has played 100% in all games played, yet he's posted just once. how does that happen?

Unfortunately the sim doesn't recognise posting, so if you make the side, you play and if the sim leaves you on the ground, you stay on the ground - despite what Mark Neeld, Supercoach, does in the box.

I'm slowly trying to replace the non-posters but I'm also aware that amos might come back and post again - he's a veteran of the league after all.

Unfortunately the sim doesn't recognise posting, so if you make the side, you play and if the sim leaves you on the ground, you stay on the ground - despite what Mark Neeld, Supercoach, does in the box.

I'm slowly trying to replace the non-posters but I'm also aware that amos might come back and post again - he's a veteran of the league after all.
yeah no problems. just thought it was odd, thats all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys, it is going to be seasonably cold in New York this week until Monday afternoon. Long sleeve jumpers may be necessary for some, but not me since I'm used to the weather. :) It's in the mid to upper teens (15-20*C, 65-70*F) which is mid Autumn-like weather for the end of July.

I was awful but eaglesfan99 stepped up, invinciBlues kicked another bag and Haduken found form. A great win and really sets up our season.

Great posting too guys. A top week and a game clear on top.

Let's enjoy it.

I was awful but eaglesfan99 stepped up, invinciBlues kicked another bag and Haduken found form. A great win and really sets up our season.

Great posting too guys. A top week and a game clear on top.

Let's enjoy it.

Was a big effort all round on and off the field. Really wanted this win, and its a testament that we did. Sends a strong message, we've got the Gumbies next week and we're in form to fry those plasticine *s :thumbsu:

Round 7 Match Review Vs Mt Buller Demons

The Warriors returned home this week for a top of the table, match of the round clash with the 5-1 Demons.
Van Cortlandt Park was a sea of orange as fans flocked to see the 50th game of Warriors enforcer Sydney Bloods, as well as the much anticipated debut of local product Norm Landrover.

The Warriors started brilliantly with a beautiful, curling snap from the pocket by eaglesfan99 inside the first minute. The Demons were squandering their chances early, and when invinciBlues and Haduken goaled in quick succession the Warriors had shot out to an early 3 goal lead. The Demons settled quickly and regained their composure, and with 3 goals from Demons spearhead cooney the game was evenly poised at quarter time.

Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 5.2.32
Mt Buller Demons 4.4.28

The Warriors started the second quarter much like the first, and with quick goals to invinciBlues (2) and eaglesfan99 had jumped out to a handy 25 point lead early in the quarter. And again, much like the first quarter the Demons struck back with two quick goals to cooney, however some excellent clearance work from Mr_Smooth, thetradesman & substitute oogac helped the Warriors stem the tide. The home side slammed on the next 4 goals (including invinciBlues 4th for the quarter) the Warriors took what seemed to be an insurmountable 35 point lead into the long break.

Half Time
Coney Island Warriors 12.5.77
Mt Buller Demons 6.6.42

A halftime bake from Demons coach Richard Cranium saw the Demons burst out of the blocks in the third quarter, with the Warriors defence under siege. With Warriors skipper Frankston Rover languishing in coach Mark Neeld's doghouse, the Demons kept up the pressure, with only the determined defensive efforts of rookie Norm Landrover, Sydney Bloods and Reginald Perrin holding the fort. Clutch goals to eaglesfan99 and invinciBlues kept the Demons at arms length at the 3 qtr time break.

Three Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 14.6.90
Mt Buller Demons 10.11.71

The Demons snagged the first goal of the last quarter and it was clear the Warriors had a game on their hands. With Aussie Rocker, Haduken, Lord_Flashheart and zackah working hard upfield the Warriors were unable to convert their chances. When invinciBlues kicked his 7th to extend the margin to 23 points, the Warriors looked home - but the Demons kicked the next 3 goals and the game was well and truly alive. In the end the Warriors were able to hang on in a nail biter, retaining top spot and moving a game clear on the SFA ladder :)

Final Scores
Coney Island Warriors 15.10.100
Mt Buller Demons 14.12.96

Goals
invinciBlues 7, eaglesfan99 5, Haduken 2, Stronzo 1

Best
invinciBlues, Haduken, eaglesfan99, thetradesman, Lord_Flashheart, zackah,

A great week of posting by all, with a special thanks to Eth and the Demons for a great match thread. We will no doubt meet again at the pointy end of the season :thumbsu:

'Pwned' Trophy Nomination - Round 7 image.jpg

This week sees the introduction of the 'Pwned' Trophy, awarded at seasons end for the player who posts the single, most humorous display of 'Pwnage' during a match thread.

Congratulations to zackah on his nomination this week, for this gem against the Demons:

Team of self confessed downhill skiers expect to beat the dominant unstoppable force of the competition?

Bitch please.

Hehehehehe, *en lol :thumbsu:

Next Week
The Warriors get to back up with another Match of the Round, top of the table clash against the visiting Geelong Gumbies.
Not sure about you, but I *en hated Gumby as a kid...
Hope to see you all getting stuck into them during the match thread this week.

Enjoy the week all, see you at the VIP Lounge!

Time to sing the song, boys!:D

:rolleyes:Meet the lads, playing for Coney Island,
Warriors to and fro,
Orange and white and black we are emblazoned,
From fifty out, let's have a go,
Together we play united and forever,
We love our home here in New York,
We'll win the flag, it's in the bag,
Nothing can stop the Warriors!:cool:

Good win boys!

The gummies next week!

Remove this Banner Ad