NFL SEASON 2014 DIVISION ONE

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, back to this weeks round of games. Think there's probably only one, maybe two, of the games with a certain standout winner.
Round 13:
Northcote Park vs Heidelberg If the Cougars are to make a late run for the finals this would be one game they must win
Macleod vs Greensborough The Kangas are travelling nicely at the moment and are a big chance to knock off the ladder leading Burra
Eltham vs Montmorency This could go either way but the Panters will be keen to inflict another loss into their traditional rivals
West Preston vs Whittlesea Probably the only game with a standout winner as the Roosters quietly build for the finals
Lower Plenty vs Bundoora On the postage stamp of an oval the Bears could make life a bit difficult for the Bulls

Think you might find this week is a bye mate

Should be interesting. Anyone know when he is expected to put the boots on?

AFLWest Preston Lakeside Football ClubRodan, DavidApproved2014-06-302014-07-10

Okay, back to this weeks round of games. Think there's probably only one, maybe two, of the games with a certain standout winner.
Round 13:
Northcote Park vs Heidelberg If the Cougars are to make a late run for the finals this would be one game they must win
Macleod vs Greensborough The Kangas are travelling nicely at the moment and are a big chance to knock off the ladder leading Burra
Eltham vs Montmorency This could go either way but the Panters will be keen to inflict another loss into their traditional rivals
West Preston vs Whittlesea Probably the only game with a standout winner as the Roosters quietly build for the finals
Lower Plenty vs Bundoora On the postage stamp of an oval the Bears could make life a bit difficult for the Bulls
Just wondering if the Northcote v Heidelberg game was one of the "certain standout winners" and if not which games are ?

So how does everyone see the ladder looking at the end of round 18:

My prediction:

1. Bergs
2. Slime
3. Macleod/Rosanna
4. Bunnies
5. Bears
6. Mont Machine
7. Roosters
8. Cougars
9. Panther
10. Whitt

So how does everyone see the ladder looking at the end of round 18:

My prediction:

1. Bergs
2. Slime
3. Macleod/Rosanna
4. Bunnies
5. Bears
6. Mont Machine
7. Roosters
8. Cougars
9. Panther
10. Whitt
I'd be happy to see it end that way and see the Bears in there first div 1 final series along with the Clouders making there first in quite while. With Whittlesea getting over West, it would take a brave man to put there hard earned on a conclusive outcome.

I'd be happy to see it end that way and see the Bears in there first div 1 final series along with the Clouders making there first in quite while. With Whittlesea getting over West, it would take a brave man to put there hard earned on a conclusive outcome.

Form certainly hard to pick and any side making the finals would fancy their chances on the day. Whittlesea rolling West probably the biggest turn up of the round and the "Clouders" win over Boro also brave, soured only by the bad hand injury to Lynch. Entertaining month to come before we head to Cramer St for the annual wind dancing competition.

A couple of true 8-pointers this week that could shape the ladder at both ends with probably only one sure winner.
Round 14.
Macleod vs West Preston The Kangas can inflict more pain on the Roosters
Montmorency vs Northcote Park The Maggies can sniff a finals spot and should beat the Cougars
Heidelberg vs Eltham The Panthers seem to struggle at the Tigers den
Whittlesea vs Lower Plenty The Eagles will be bouyed after last week and may surprise the Bears
Bundoora vs Greensborough Think the Bulls have their mojo back and can best the Burra

Biy nervous picking all home teams, but ah well .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of true 8-pointers this week that could shape the ladder at both ends with probably only one sure winner.
Round 14.
Macleod vs West Preston The Kangas can inflict more pain on the Roosters
Montmorency vs Northcote Park The Maggies can sniff a finals spot and should beat the Cougars
Heidelberg vs Eltham The Panthers seem to struggle at the Tigers den
Whittlesea vs Lower Plenty The Eagles will be bouyed after last week and may surprise the Bears
Bundoora vs Greensborough Think the Bulls have their mojo back and can best the Burra

Biy nervous picking all home teams, but ah well .....
2 out of five?

Massive round coming up, I think all rounds coming up will be huge but this one looks, in Bruces words, Special.

Lower Plenty v Macleod - Both teams fighting for the chance to play in finals for the first time in years. Both deserve a chance but cannot falter this late in the season.
Greensborough v West Preston - Slime can lock in a top two spot but want top. Chooks have third but a lot of teams ready to take that off them.
Heidelberg v Montmorency - Tigers going along nicely but also want to stay there. Mont getting their mojo back and ready to take a spot in the five from others, if they make it, which I think they can, they will make all above them nervous.
Whittlesea v Bundoora - Do not write either of these teams off. One from beating relegation, they will fight until the end' and the other from finals, many rumours of troubles down at the Bulls but a win here and they are back in the mix.
Eltham v Northcote Park - The most insignificant game of the round but the Panther are still weary of relegation and Northcote Park want pride back.

I really hope for a nice winters sunny day to allow these games to be as awesome as they all look. For mine, Match of the Round is at the Bear Cave but most games are mini finals as I suspect many games will be from now on (you look a head and all you see is great, season defining games).

Massive round coming up, I think all rounds coming up will be huge but this one looks, in Bruces words, Special.

Lower Plenty v Macleod - Both teams fighting for the chance to play in finals for the first time in years. Both deserve a chance but cannot falter this late in the season.
Greensborough v West Preston - Slime can lock in a top two spot but want top. Chooks have third but a lot of teams ready to take that off them.
Heidelberg v Montmorency - Tigers going along nicely but also want to stay there. Mont getting their mojo back and ready to take a spot in the five from others, if they make it, which I think they can, they will make all above them nervous.
Whittlesea v Bundoora - Do not write either of these teams off. One from beating relegation, they will fight until the end' and the other from finals, many rumours of troubles down at the Bulls but a win here and they are back in the mix.
Eltham v Northcote Park - The most insignificant game of the round but the Panther are still weary of relegation and Northcote Park want pride back.

I really hope for a nice winters sunny day to allow these games to be as awesome as they all look. For mine, Match of the Round is at the Bear Cave but most games are mini finals as I suspect many games will be from now on (you look a head and all you see is great, season defining games).
Since you mention it. I was talking to a person you know Denny and he told me of a discussion he was having with the parent of a Bundoora player who lives rather close to him. Question was asked of Bundoora's situation and he stated internal unrest as a major issue. Seems no doubt one of the major reasons for that won't be there next year and possibly 1 or 2 others as well. Having said that, I expect them to still make finals.

Since you mention it. I was talking to a person you know Denny and he told me of a discussion he was having with the parent of a Bundoora player who lives rather close to him. Question was asked of Bundoora's situation and he stated internal unrest as a major issue. Seems no doubt one of the major reasons for that won't be there next year and possibly 1 or 2 others as well. Having said that, I expect them to still make finals.

A person I know? I don't know too many down that way but I did hear (and I expect this to be wrong) that the coach is on the way out. Personally I would be amazed if he is shown the door. Other rumours about unrest with players but again, you never know, hearing things from the cousin of the bloke down the road who delivers the mail to your dog walkers nephews wife usually involves some untruths..... I do agree with you though, I expect them in the finals.

I noticed that Shannon Byrnes was at Heidelberg on the weekend, anyone aware of the connection there?

Now that he is retired would be a great addition to the NFL next season

A person I know? I don't know too many down that way but I did hear (and I expect this to be wrong) that the coach is on the way out. Personally I would be amazed if he is shown the door. Other rumours about unrest with players but again, you never know, hearing things from the cousin of the bloke down the road who delivers the mail to your dog walkers nephews wife usually involves some untruths..... I do agree with you though, I expect them in the finals.
You would know this person very well indeed Denny with your involvement during the summer months.

I noticed that Shannon Byrnes was at Heidelberg on the weekend, anyone aware of the connection there?

Now that he is retired would be a great addition to the NFL next season

Best mates with Kenno.

On the note of additions, what chance Jake King is back at North next year? Saw him and a few other Richmond boys at a pub in Hawthorn on Tuesday, celebrating his retirement. More pints than I would have thought for some lads still playing.

Best mates with Kenno.

On the note of additions, what chance Jake King is back at North next year? Saw him and a few other Richmond boys at a pub in Hawthorn on Tuesday, celebrating his retirement. More pints than I would have thought for some lads still playing.

So Byrnes will be there next season i would imagine.

From what i have heard King has committed to North next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back