Central Murray 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

What should happen is this:
Central Murray merge with Golden Rivers and have a Division 1 & Division 2. Bottom 2 from Div 1 (being all central murray in first year) to be relegated and top 2 from Golden rivers to go up. Yes the issue would be juniors, but if junior numbers are stuggling, why not drop back to Under 13.5 and Under 17s?
If the mallee teams are going their separate ways, bring in any teams who want to come in such as a sea lake, Woomelang etc.

Central Murray merge with Golden Rivers and have a Division 1 & Division 2. Bottom 2 from Div 1 (being all central murray in first year) to be relegated and top 2 from Golden rivers to go up. Yes the issue would be juniors, but if junior numbers are stuggling, why not drop back to Under 13.5 and Under 17s?
If the mallee teams are going their separate ways, bring in any teams who want to come in such as a sea lake, Woomelang etc.
It just all falls apart when it comes to the netball, if the netball is up and flying and makes a strong finals run and the footy is a complete flop why should the netballers fall back and play a lower level of competition due to the footy.

It is a good idea on paper but wont work.
The winner of the second division will simply go up and down the divisions every few years. Towns like Nullawil and Wandella, both had success over recent history could not compete financially with most CMFL clubs. The promotion system works in Melbourne where the clubs don't have much of a following or a
country club feel" about them. Rivalry is what builds country footy and if you take that away crowds will fade. Juniors are a big problem as well. What happens when the Senior premership in the GRFL has terrible 2nds and most of their kids are bottom age. The next year they are playing against sides with bigger older and "better" kids. There are to many negatives.
People need to look at the problems and sort out ways to fix them. The biggest issues I see in country footy are, The money, The travel, junior numbers. I think that if you fix the travel issue the junior numbers will increase. With junior numbers increasing over time the money issue SHOULD ease. No easy solutions unfortunately but the CMFL is not alone with these issues. It is disturbing though that CMFL clubs need to spend $100K Plus just to make the finals and be competitive. That is a worrying sign.

The winner of the second division will simply go up and down the divisions every few years. Towns like Nullawil and Wandella, both had success over recent history could not compete financially with most CMFL clubs. The promotion system works in Melbourne where the clubs don't have much of a following or a
country club feel" about them. Rivalry is what builds country footy and if you take that away crowds will fade. Juniors are a big problem as well. What happens when the Senior premership in the GRFL has terrible 2nds and most of their kids are bottom age. The next year they are playing against sides with bigger older and "better" kids. There are to many negatives.
People need to look at the problems and sort out ways to fix them. The biggest issues I see in country footy are, The money, The travel, junior numbers. I think that if you fix the travel issue the junior numbers will increase. With junior numbers increasing over time the money issue SHOULD ease. No easy solutions unfortunately but the CMFL is not alone with these issues. It is disturbing though that CMFL clubs need to spend $100K Plus just to make the finals and be competitive. That is a worrying sign.
The top seven sides at the minute , probably bar Swan Hill would be spending 150k or more with a few close to the 200k mark,

Sea lake and woomlang won't go to cmfl, they will go with Beulah and hopeton to the north central league and golden rivers will stay the same and ouyen and walpe will go mildura league and jeprait will go to Horsham district league

It should be more concerning that clubs in leagues statewide not up to the CMFL standard are already spending this short of money to see September action.

Heard it was 10 out, will still win it.
Have to be still favourites for sure. Were missing Picone, Cotchett, Livingston, Davis, Hayes, CLarke, Matheson, Murphy, Clarke, Wilson along with McDonald and Taylor who look done for the year. Swans had a handful out too by all reports but not the number and caliber mentioned above. Kerang still HEAVY favourites

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to be still favourites for sure. Were missing Picone, Cotchett, Livingston, Davis, Hayes, CLarke, Matheson, Murphy, Clarke, Wilson along with McDonald and Taylor who look done for the year. Swans had a handful out too by all reports but not the number and caliber mentioned above. Kerang still HEAVY favourites
I doubt that Foote will get hold of Davis or Murphy like that! I think that they may still have McGrath to come back in too.

Kerang still heavy favourites. Close contest with Woorinen on the weekend though, surprising to see them out of the 5 now. Could they miss finals now?

Kerang still heavy favourites. Close contest with Woorinen on the weekend though, surprising to see them out of the 5 now. Could they miss finals now?
For what it's worth this is my final 5 prediction:

Kerang
Swan Hill
Tooleybuc Manangatang
Mallee Eagles
Cohuna Kangas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back