C Section Premier C - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 10 under the age of 19 on Saturday, we had 48 unavailable on the weekend and it gets worse this week. Yes real bad injuries which will flow on to next year, but that's footy. I hear Rovers lost 3 guns in the 1st Q and still beat PEGS, good effort and I hope they win it.

Well I am sure the under 19's will do well in the finals and the blokes that get senior experience will go back even better players for the unders finals.

We had 10 under the age of 19 on Saturday, we had 48 unavailable on the weekend and it gets worse this week. Yes real bad injuries which will flow on to next year, but that's footy. I hear Rovers lost 3 guns in the 1st Q and still beat PEGS, good effort and I hope they win it.

Nothing gets past you, bedford! Devereaux's is the more serious of the 3. What made it tough was the instruction that Cockie would be playing half quarters all game.
With respect to the snide remarks about Sandy and the alignment, things change. I'm sure people have turned their nose at HR in years past, but the current committee and the leadership group for all things on-field are doing great things for the place. It may well be the same for Sandy and no doubt many other clubs who are perceived to require positive changes.
Back to HR though. 50 players have now had a Senior game. 3 more than the injury depleted Monders and 15 & 16 more than the 2 sides we're battling it out with for the double chance. Makes it tough to keep up with the pace setters of the comp when you consider the turnover of players we've had to deal with on a weekly basis. Big credit to our coaching staff & the playing group to maintain a reasonable level of consistency to this point of the season. Looking forward to seeing how the final month of H&A plays out. Plenty of 'crunch games' left to decide how the final 4 will end up.

Nothing gets past you, bedford! Devereaux's is the more serious of the 3. What made it tough was the instruction that Cockie would be playing half quarters all game.
With respect to the snide remarks about Sandy and the alignment, things change. I'm sure people have turned their nose at HR in years past, but the current committee and the leadership group for all things on-field are doing great things for the place. It may well be the same for Sandy and no doubt many other clubs who are perceived to require positive changes.
Back to HR though. 50 players have now had a Senior game. 3 more than the injury depleted Monders and 15 & 16 more than the 2 sides we're battling it out with for the double chance. Makes it tough to keep up with the pace setters of the comp when you consider the turnover of players we've had to deal with on a weekly basis. Big credit to our coaching staff & the playing group to maintain a reasonable level of consistency to this point of the season. Looking forward to seeing how the final month of H&A plays out. Plenty of 'crunch games' left to decide how the final 4 will end up.
Interesting call to bring in a bloke who could only play for a half in a critical game Mickey. Lucky you won!

Come on Bedford - 48 unavailable??

Bedford is right Les, mainly injuries, travel, work etc and that has put a drain on the thirds and unders to step up. Bedford will not name the blokes but on Friday afternoon a player listed them.

For what its worth are the Vultures going to come from the clouds and make finals or what? Nice little run home.
Marcellin v Hampton to face off in the 2nd semi then Monash v ??

Not quite from the clouds given they're only 1 game behind 4th, but I think you're spot on, FWIW. I'd be surprised if they don't place in the 4 by season's end.

Ormond vs Peninsula
Old Camberwell vs Parkdale
PEGS vs Monash Blues
Banyule vs Hampton Rovers
Oakleigh vs Marcellin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many games does a VAFA player have to play to be eligible to represent his club in the finals? And what about VFL/TAC Cup players who are linked with their VAFA club as well?

My tips:
Ormond assuming they have enough players left
Wells to keep their finals hopes alive
Monash but a lot closer than last time
Rovers will be too strong even at the cave
Oakleigh to upset the Eagles

Few upsets coming (well maybe!!)

Wasn't even windy out at the runway! Monash were OK in patches. Pegs were solid but their precision chipping game must be hard to play. It's certainly hard to watch! Pegs ressies a good side but need to tidy up their act with a busted jaw and a busted cheek the result of two off the ball incidents. Nobody needs that rubbish.

Rovers vs Monash next week a beauty! Will the Ashes selectors roll the dice and bring the big Moose back? I hope so!!

Even though the VAFA doesn't have a final 5 system, the Rovers v Monash could be what might be termed a virtual Qualifying Final match, because whoever wins that gets to play Marcellin in the 2nd Semi Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back