Autopsy Rd 16 v Port Melbourne @ Punt Road - 1:10pm Sat 26/07/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay it was a very scrappy and poor game from Richmond but it was worth watching to see some individual performances from our AFL listed players.

I thought McDonough did some nice things, like a clever tap on to a team-mate running past and he kicked 2 nice set shot goals from long range. McDonough looks very clean by foot at this level. If he gets promoted to AFL level again this year I think he should play in the forward line because he has goal smarts about him and he looks he could be that classy small forward who can rotate through the midfield that we are missing. In the pre-season he should focus on shredding some unneeded weight so his agility increases and he is more mobile. Improving his fitness base will allow him to rotate through the midfield in bigger stints next year.

Griffiths took some strong marks and played an okay game. He could have a stand out game if he had of converted his chances in front of goal and not looked to pass the ball off so much. He did enough to show he should be selected in the senior side in Vickery's absence. Hopefully if he is selected he makes the most of the games he plays at senior level because I believe he is capable of having a game where he kicks 3 or 4 goals at AFL level where he shows everyone he is the real deal.

McDonough has more intensity than say Lloyd at the moment, and isn't less on the upside, so that should be one change. (thought Lennon was ok too but would have Macca in before).

If Hampson is selected over Griffiths i say FARCE! Griffiths needs to use his kicking strength more to the teams advance, when he tries to finese his kicks he is 50/50, his long kicks can and have played havic with opposition set ups.

Hampson 11 disposals (6k/5hb) 5 marks(1 contested) 5 tackles 40 hitouts
Griffiths 19 disposals (12k/7hb) 2 handball recieves 10 marks (2 contested) 4 tackles 1 goals 20 hitouts

If Hampson is elevated over Griffiths i'll spew. Also watching the game Hampson did very little with those hitouts.
bollocks. He hit some nicely into the corridor at stoppages in our def 50, right to the top of the goal square...:cry:

Knighta had flashes of good bits...roved beautifully to kick a goal early in the game
Faded in and out but largely not one of his best
Is being eased back into it to get match fitness up..so I suggest Chris is still 3-4 weeks away

Agree 3-4 weeks away. Keep in mind Knights has really done no pre season as well as no game time this year. It will take awhile for his match fitness to return. What I loved most was that he was changing direction in the wet, was not afraid to give the knee a full work out and finished the game fine. To me, at this stage, thats the most important thing.

Agree 3-4 weeks away. Keep in mind Knights has really done no pre season as well as no game time this year. It will take awhile for his match fitness to return. What I loved most was that he was changing direction in the wet, was not afraid to give the knee a full work out and finished the game fine. To me, at this stage, thats the most important thing.

Save him for 2015 IMO, could be a very handy new recruit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back