Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sums up the entire problem with the AFL right now.. and yes it is ALL contributing to the low crowds.

AFL treats every club like a child they can order about and dictate things too.. one step away from being WWE at this rate..

If it is about the Auskick kids.. what a load of crap and if it is about the sponsorship deals.. what a load of crap.

Maxwell wasn't my fave player by any stretch.. but heaven help us if a club can't decide HOW it wants to send off it's 'champion' at its OWN home game.

Look at the end of the day.. I guess he will just walk around.. but the point is really about WHO has control of games.. AFL/Stadium of the clubs themselves?

I'm a massive fan of Auskick... and the half time games are always the highlight for the kids if they get selected to play.. but I hardly think a car travelling around at under 5km an hour around the boundary is going to put them in harms way..

This is about the clash of sponsorship.. nothing more and nothing less.. and it raises the very ugly side of the current corporate structure of the AFL.

So SHOULD the AFL have its own sponsors? OR should the 'home team' have the right to sell the onground sponsorship to whomever it pleases? Should any corp that sponsors the AFL be aware that the HOME TEAM will have 'preference of sponsor' if there is a clash..

Again.. are the clubs joint stakeholders or are they franchises?? Grey 'clash' strip anyone?

Ah yeah fair point

Why doesn't he go around like this?

942242-ross-h-ood.jpg

Re the low attendance issue, the fixture for Essendon being terrible for families and country members, with not a single game in Melbourne scheduled for a Saturday day start time, could explain it. Ditto Collingwood and their string of late Sunday games recently. Then Carlton and Richmond being sacks of shite, Hawthorn whoreing themselves out to Tassie and regular night games at Geelong now......when you look at it, what Essendon did or didn't do is hardly going to register on genuine reasons to not go, eh?

Re the low attendance issue, the fixture for Essendon being terrible for families and country members, with not a single game in Melbourne scheduled for a Saturday day start time, could explain it. Ditto Collingwood and their string of late Sunday games recently. Then Carlton and Richmond being sacks of shite, Hawthorn whoreing themselves out to Tassie and regular night games at Geelong now......when you look at it, what Essendon did or didn't do is hardly going to register on genuine reasons to not go, eh?

We do have two Saturday arvo games coming up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't know where else to post this, so here seems as good as anywhere.

I coached against Shannon Motlop yesterday in interschool footy and got within a goal of winning. Pretty stoked with that.

If you believe its too do with Auskick, you truly are delusional. The AFL defending it's brand once again

Auskick is their convenient excuse. They've used that trick on us a few times from memory.

Both Glass and Brown walked their half time lap of honours, I wonder if Eddie just saw an easy opportunity for a troll. He's been quite successful anyway
Eddie will always try to do what is right for Collingwood (whether you like him or not, he bleeds for the club).. he is just trying to make money on the Holden sponsorship deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back