No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.. but that is the thing.. our attendance has held pretty steady.. the only drops related to the s**t stain of a time slot on Sunday night (which NO ONE can make a winner)...

I also find it highly annoying and ironic that Caro talks about people have 'fatigue' over the EFC issue.. when she is the one that has caused it by writing 2 articles a day on the topic.. myopic stupidity of some people..

Also attendances have been 'dropping' in Vic in real terms for four years.. so well before our 'saga' hit.. the AFL just covered it up with selective reporting ( a bit like their 'best Round 3 attendance of all time' release back in March when the stink had well and truly started)

The availability of Foxtel has an impact too.. but we don't seem to ever mention that.. that you can get the sports package with 9 live games a week for around $70 a month.. so for the cost of taking my family to around 4 'live' games.. I can get foxtel package (including all the junk my partner and kids watch) for the ENTIRE 12 month year for the same price.. going live just doesn't add up financially.

The only reason why I attend live is due to a passion for my club.. as I've said many times before.. will the next generation have that same passion for live sport? Will they be fervent enough to fork out $150 to see a footy match when they can watch for 180 different angles in the pub down the road? Or split a slab and pizza at a mates for $20?
MMMpizza.jpg

It scares me that the AFL are blatantly spinning the reasons for their falling attendances in order that they don't have to do anything which might upset the status quo.

Have they learnt nothing?

Easy fixes :
Simple and transparent ticketing (duh)
Schedule the games for fans, not foxtel. The first thing that should be considered every week is a Saturday afternoon game in Melbourne. Preferably the G.
Fix the price of food at games so that people don't feel ripped off.
Have a true even comp. End COLA and other concessions for teams.

Hard fixes :
Fix the horrible umpiring.
Improve the corrupt and arrogant image of the AFL.
I'm ok with a Friday night game,then I'd like most on Saturday (day & night), and 1 or 2 max on a Sunday. Television rights etc...yeah I know but I think it would work. The immediacy of outcomes at the 'sameish' time would be exciting. I reckon the public would embrace it, and collectively work their social/work commitments around this. It may look backwards, but could be a big step forward, with a clear family orientation. That always goes over well.

Robbo on SEN just had a crack at Caro et al over their reporting on Hird. Said that it's personal and no longer based on the investigations.

He said that at the start the Hun went out hammer and tongs over the saga and then once the actual process came under scrutiny they turned to questioning ASADA and the AFL.

Hey, does anyone know why Phillip Maguire (the writer/farmer) has just closed his twitter account? He'd been tweeting a lot about the ASADA investigation. At times came across as aggressive, but had his moments.

5.45pm SEN - Robbo says with conviction and not tongue-in-cheek:

"Caro is trying to ruin James Hird's life."

I'm still a bit dirty on Robbo for that article naming players.... But finally. Someone is sticking up for EFC and Hird

Last edited:
Guess that all depends on the dosages and method of administration.

Dosages fair enought.
But I've never understood why the method of administration is such a big deal.
Why do some (think the witch) go gaga over intravenous injection? Whether taken orally or administered via injection, the substance is the same. What I have read indicates preferred use of intravenous injection purely because it is more efficient in that the substance directly enters the bloodstream.
(Not talking about AOD used as a cream, in this comment)
Any suggest why intravenous injection is considered a bad thing?

Hey, does anyone know why Phillip Maguire (the writer/farmer) has just closed his twitter account? He'd been tweeting a lot about the ASADA investigation. At times came across as aggressive, but had his moments.

Dunno but I was following & lately a bit of his work was, to put it delicately, over the top...

So what's Carro's defense? "I'm being targeted because the media is a boys club" is the hot favorite going at 1.80, in from 2.10, "Robbo's lost the plot" in a close 2nd at 2.30, and (my personal favorite and a great smokey), " James Hird's brainwashing has extended to those in the media also" in at 3.50

So what's Carro's defense? "I'm being targeted because the media is a boys club" is the hot favorite going at 1.80, in from 2.10, "Robbo's lost the plot" in a close 2nd at 2.30, and (my personal favorite and a great smokey), " James Hird's brainwashing has extended to those in the media also" in at 3.50
A smokey would be "I didn't inject those boys"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget the word Misogyny has to be worked in there somewhere :oops:

Not a Robbo fan.. but at least one person has shown the balls to call out the three worse offenders.. the three that are responsible to ensuring this saga goes on and on and on with no end.

Surely the day is coming when public opinion turns.. not 'for' EFC.. but at least against Caro and her cult.

'grow up' would be $1.01

Someone earlier said Sam was trolling last night. What did he say?

Yeah.. Robbo wasn't being attacked when he was naming players.. and calling for EFC penalties and attacking Hird and Co. last year... funny that.

I actually liked his point.. that the HUN has moved with the story.. which now means more questions need to be asked of ASADA and AFL.. and yet Caro and Co. are too fixated on their 'target' to see the story.

Very interesting..

Because he's a homophobe of the highest order. He was tweeting some unbelievable offensive stuff, and I imagine started getting called out on the hate he was spewing.

Here's a snippet of his views on the matter:
http://www.thedeadlynewt.com/tag/phillip-maguire/

Doesn't do us any favours having him on our side.

Someone earlier said Sam was trolling last night. What did he say?

I can't give you direct quotes for the entire spiel but he took the time to make a glowing endorsement of the current form of the side and said it was due to the club ignoring the morons at ASADA. He also said we have the luxury of having two champion coaches at our disposal who've organised a seamless transition to ensure minimal distraction to our boys who are "absolutely flying" and things are looking very good for the EFC.

Lyon tried to prompt him into saying Hird shouldn't return because of Bombers credentials but Sam wouldn't be drawn and simply said Hird is a gun and he'll have Thompson there with him to help out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back