Mobile Theme Upgrade - July 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't find it either. Had to change to the desktop version, enter them, and them go back to the mobile site
I was tossing up putting a link in there for tips - problem is that the tipping site isn't mobile optimised. still as needs must. I might put a link on the slider menu - lower down somewhere

All good feedback, however clicking on a thread subject will take you to the first unread.

Not every time, it seems that if you have not checked a thread out for a while it will go to page1, so a first unread button is really needed.

ps; I have an android 10inch tablet and it loads this mobile site automatically, yet I thought it was for mobiles only.

ps,ps; I much prefer this one for the tablet though compared to the desktop version.

Not every time, it seems that if you have not checked a thread out for a while it will go to page1, so a first unread button is really needed.
The functionality works exactly the same way as the little blue circle works on the desktop site when you click it and is pretty reliable. Possibly the "Go to the first unread" button might be a little more accurate, but that can't be made available from the thread list as there would be a big performance hit. Buttons also take up real estate, which is at a premium.
ps; I have an android 10inch tablet and it loads this mobile site automatically, yet I thought it was for mobiles only.

ps,ps; I much prefer this one for the tablet though compared to the desktop version.
Android tablets are a lot harder to discern than iPads, primarily because its the useragent sent with every web request that is the major basis for determining what is a mobile and what isn't. Apple will list either ipod, iphone or ipad in the useragent which makes it very easy, whilst Android might give a model number if you are lucky, so if you we can't work out whether you are on a mobile or a tablet, you'll get the mobile version.

I was tossing up putting a link in there for tips - problem is that the tipping site isn't mobile optimised. still as needs must. I might put a link on the slider menu - lower down somewhere

If you could please, at the moment we are switching via our browser menu to the desktop version to enter tips anyway, so it's the tipping site being unoptimised is no issue.

The only issue with the ads on the new mobile site is that some of them cover up the links to the desktop site.
Is it possible for you guys to remove these ads from the bottom of the page to somewhere else...?

If it'd the floating ad at the bottom you're referring to, swipe it to the left and it goes away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do I get back to that mobile theme. I clicked desktop accidently and cannot find a way to get it back

How do I get back to that mobile theme. I clicked desktop accidently and cannot find a way to get it back
Close your browser, open it again and log back in.

That Desktop Site option only lasts for your current session.

Mobile site is great.
Just wondering why is the post thread up the top of the page so wide?
image.jpg

Every time I swipe that annoying add down the bottom away, the browser crashes. Has happened on 3 diff browsers too (opera , next and CM Browser )

Every time I swipe that annoying add down the bottom away, the browser crashes. Has happened on 3 diff browsers too (opera , next and CM Browser )

I've had a few issues where half way through typing a post the browser screen will go white and be totally uneditable until I refresh, but not consistently.

Looks pretty good. Certainly a big improvement on the old version.
I had already paid to upgrade so I could get access to Tapatalk so will probably keep using that for now but may consider using the mobile site next year when my subscription expires.

I must say, that ad that comes up in the middle of the thread list when viewing a particular forum is WAY too big and would be much less annoying if it was above or below the list of threads rather than right in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back