Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to laugh at the West Australian complaining about the Scorchers losing 500,000 from not hosting the final.

I personally doubt we'll make it. No Katich, no Simmons and a reasonable possibility of the Marsh brothers not being avaliable due to international commitments.
I didn't think we would do that well last season and we managed to win the whole thing from 3rd, maybe we can do it again?

What is a scary thought is knowing what Simmons can do on a batter friendly Adelaide Oval pitch.

I didn't think we would do that well last season and we managed to win the whole thing from 3rd, maybe we can do it again?

What is a scary thought is knowing what Simmons can do on a batter friendly Adelaide Oval pitch.

We need a good international signing as a batsman.

Arafat and Behrendorff are two very good bowlers to build an attack around. Turner will do well with the bat as well.

I actually don't think Adelaide Oval is batting friendly when it comes to T20, well not as much as people think. Wasn't a huge scoring ground last season and that was with some very small square boundaries. I reckon Simmons would be better off batting at the fast paced WACA rather than the Adelaide Oval drop-ins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the Scorchers are after...

a) A top order batsman with the view to batting Mitch Marsh down the order

or...

b) A finisher, which would allow us to bat Mitch at 3
I'd go option b. If you bat Mitch at 3 he can take the game away from you. The third option of course is going for someone flexible, like Stoinis :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back