Past Ryan O'Keefe - 2012 Norm Smith medalist, retired 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit disappointed with how the season has gone for him. I just hope that he doesn't try to go elsewhere and miss out, like Bevan or go somewhere else and barely play, like those clowns Daffy, Tingay, Brereton and Bradshaw.

For selfish reasons I hope no one picks him up. He's been one of my favorites and I can't bear to see him in another team's colours, especially if he plays his 300th for them.

Would be great to see him get a farewell game for us at some stage. He's been a brilliant player who was pivotal in both premierships.

The reality is a game like last Saturday night would have been disastrous for ROK. The speed alone was enough to suggest trouble for him. I hope he can get a few more years somewhere if its possible....likely Melbourne as he has a bit to offer there. A farewell game would be nice however who do you play it against at the moment....unless a top two was sewn up and who deserves to miss on the eve of the finals? I think he has already had his farewell game. Besides..it's kind of a kick in the teeth to gift him a game, he is better than that.

The issue he has with lack of pace will be the biggest stopper to a lot of teams picking him up. At a stab I would say Bulldogs or Saints would be the only ones that may benefit with him playing a Goodes like role in support of Crameri-Bontempelli or Reiwoldt-Stanley. Melbourne might have a sniff purely because of the Roos factor. Maybe Mal and RO'K for Frawley and a second or third rounder?

Seriously ? Let him go. He has been a brilliant servant for the club and if he gets a gig somewhere else he goes with our blessings not as a makeweight into a trade somewhere.

Its difficult to see who could possibly want him given his age and type of player but if it happens I hope he looks back on the club with fondness and not bitterness.

Sad news, although I can't blame him.

Farewell Blood Brother, all the best on your future, hopefully at the end of your career you can come back to the club so we can pay our respects to one of the greats the Swans has seen. You are a massive part in what makes this club so great. I can't thank you enough.

He can play two more years in another team's game plan where he is one of two in & under players but not in ours as we have too many.

Hope he gets to 300.
He will always be a Blood & a dual Swans p'ship player.

Yeah hope all goes well for him, this isn't the first time he wants out, this time the club will agree too. He had his chance earlier this year and he looked gone to me, things might change at another club. Deserves a farewell game, surely we could squeeze him in against the saints at the SCG?

I'd almost forgotten he was still on the seniors list.

It will be a sad way for him to end his career at the Swans. Always "Mr.Reliable", but the pace of the game has got away from him.

If he's picked up by another club, I wish him all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is just a question, but if your club loses an unrestricted free agent who has played more than 10 years, do you get a compo pick, but i dont want him to go:cry:

this is just a question, but if your club loses an unrestricted free agent who has played more than 10 years, do you get a compo pick, but i dont want him to go:cry:

It's complicated and discretionary. It depends on what happens in FA period with Mal or if we pick anyone up. The rules are that if the is a ""net loss" of players in a FA period the club is entitled to a compensation pick. So if we lose one and pick one up no compensation. If we qualify for a pick they use some formula that takes into account the age of the player, the size of the new contract etc.

But as it all goes to committee I'm sure they'll find a way to give us nothing.

For selfish reasons I hope no one picks him up. He's been one of my favorites and I can't bear to see him in another team's colours, especially if he plays his 300th for them.

Really? Youd begrudge the champ of spending the rest of his life the chance to have '300 games player' on his CV?

An old South player I was talking to today I wont drop names lol suggested to me that the deal is already done that's why he is not getting a game something about Roos saying years ago if he knew a player was leaving he wouldn't play them akin to that Doggies player this year, Higgens I think he said?.. and expect him to be a Demon next year.. I didn't believe it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back