Where can I find footage of a "place kick"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Balance

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
As title suggests, I remember seeing old footage of various place kicks when networks got nostalgic every-now and then. There was a time when players would throw their hat down before a place kick as well. Have not been able to find any online as yet.

As title suggests, I remember seeing old footage of various place kicks when networks got nostalgic every-now and then. There was a time when players would throw their hat down before a place kick as well. Have not been able to find any online as yet.
Have we tried this with John Butcher ;)

Balance,
Check out this excellent film of early 20th century footy - there are place kicks at 6:36, 47:46, 50.24 and 1:02:51. There may be others, I haven't watched the whole thing....

Last edited:
Balance,
Check out this excellent film of early 20th century footy - there are place kicks at 6:36, 47:46, 50.24 and 1:02:51. There may be others, I haven't watched the whole thing....

That's excellent! Thanks, and thanks for pointing them out.

On a separate note, after the 6:36 place kick, there's what looks like a Gaelic Hurling type throw, interesting.

Balance,

That's an amazing video. Hard to find archival footage of early VFL on the net.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back