WWE Network (On Foxtel, Kayo and Binge)

Do you think you'll get the WWE Network?

• I'll get it

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

well Canada and UK would be higher priorities.

With small Population and How Far away we are. We will be down on the Pecking Order.

Though I download the Shows anyway thru Torrents:D:thumbsu:

How are all you guys getting it? Computer? Game console?

Also is it straight out available to us here in Aus or are you's doing some of that weird American ip address business or whatever it is I have no idea how to do?

Edit: Just seen all the latest posts about getting it here in Aus on the last page after I posted.

WWE Network = XFL v2??

They need to add more content!
More features.
Add Full RAW and Smackdown episodes.
Hell, even make a deal with NJPW or someone to show their shows and classic content on the WWE network!

Saw this on Reddit:
Just received this email from wwe:

Great news! WWE Network will soon be available internationally, and you’ve been selected to participate in a test program to provide us feedback. But you’ll have to hurry! This test program is limited to the first 2,000 respondents only.

You will get FREE access to all that WWE Network has to offer including: Every WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-view event 24/7 programming More than 2,000 hours of on-demand content, uncut and uncensored And much, much, more!

It’s simple and FREE. Click here to login with your WWE.com account. This will entitle you to free access to WWE Network through August 4.

For this test program, you can watch WWE Network from your computer, or download the WWE app on your Apple or Android mobile device.

By redeeming your free access to WWE Network you are participating in our test program for which you agree to complete an evaluation form to provide feedback on your experience with WWE Network before August 4th. This brief evaluation will take less than 10 minutes to complete.

Enjoy WWE Network! We look forward to hearing your feedback.

Guy said he was from Australia, wouldn't happen to be anyone who frequents this board?

Saw this on Reddit:

Guy said he was from Australia, wouldn't happen to be anyone who frequents this board?
No! :(
Damn I want a free test of the WWE network and no I really don't want to pay the money for a proxy service!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWE Network = XFL v2??

They need to add more content!
More features.
Add Full RAW and Smackdown episodes.
Hell, even make a deal with NJPW or someone to show their shows and classic content on the WWE network!

This this and this. Every episode of RAW and SD should have been available at launch so even the most casual of fans would sign up to follow every storyline from 1993 to present.

The WWE Network will be coming to Australia as early as August the 12th!

WWE also announced today that the international roll-out of the WWE Network will take place on August 12th, before SummerSlam. They will launch on August 12th in over 170 countries and territories, including Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, Spain and the Nordics, among others. The Network is expected to be live in the UK by October 2014. Plans for the Network in Italy, UAE, Germany, Japan, India, China, Thailand and Malaysia will be communicated at a later date.

Gee the numbers must be bad if they're bringing the international roll out forward so far. It's good news though. Assuming we get a similar price here, I'll happily pay it for the PPVs.

wait and see for the price difference, and then take up the option for the cheaper amount. What does this mean for Main Event PPV channel?
Still used for Boxing and UFC. Swear ive seen concerts and s**t on it before too.

wait and see for the price difference, and then take up the option for the cheaper amount. What does this mean for Main Event PPV channel?

I read on PW Torch that they're essentially releasing the American product as is to English speaking countries, including the price - I think it'll be $10US.

I love it. I was perfectly happy to wait and not have to deal with geoblockers. WWE's desperation is good for people like me.

Can anyone tell me whether they have many/any of their documentaries (ie. the documentary portion of the dvds) on the Network? I think that, along with PPVs and old WCW, that's what I'd find myself watching.

I read on PW Torch that they're essentially releasing the American product as is to English speaking countries, including the price - I think it'll be $10US.
This is good stuff to hear if true! I was worried that we might miss out on some of the content that USA gets.

WWE management discussed the latest WWE Network business and outlook in-depth during Thursday's quarterly conference call with investors.

Essentially, WWE is accelerating the business plan by pushing the same U.S. version of the Network into global markets. Then, at a later time, WWE plans to return to the markets and offer a version in the native language.

In the previous conference call, WWE said they planned to roll out language-specific versions of the Network in various markets, which created launch points of Late 2014 into 2015.

WWE financial executive George Barrios added that everything - price points, customer service, infrastructure - will be the same, as if people in international markets are watching the same way an American would watch the Network.

Asked what changed for WWE to change their Network plans so rapidly, Barrios said, "What we’re going to do here is it allows us to determine information from local markets," which will then allow them to find markets to follow-up with a native-language version. "It allows us to get into some of these markets a lot quicker than before."

With all markets being treated like the U.S. market, included will be another big push for the Network around Summerslam, which coincides with the first wave of six-month subscription renewals coming due and the global roll-out on August 12.

WWE's main goal is to "enhance awareness," but also introduce new pricing plans.

Included is a $19.99-per-month monthly subscription option doubling the current rate. Specifically from WWE's quarterly report: "A $19.99 monthly plan (with no commitment) and an upfront one-time payment option for its existing $9.99 per month offering (with six month commitment)."

Despite the introduction of new pricing plans, WWE is still assuming their break-even point on Network subscriptions is based on the $9.99 price point. WWE expects a change in the pricing mix, but without information to go by until it happens, they are basing their financial outlook on the $9.99 price.

Somewhere in-between the U.S. version of the Network and the international distribution of the same Network is the Canada market via Rogers Communications, which is based on a combined Pay-TV and Network model. Plus, all of WWE's TV licensing rights rolled into one 10-year deal.

“It was an offer that we couldn’t turn down,” said Vince McMahon despite changing the model from strictly over-the-top to an HBO-like pay model.

"Don’t see it happening anywhere else in the world, but it could," McMahon added on the uniqueness of the deal combining the rights to air the likes of Raw, Smackdown, and PPVs with Network distribution.

At the end of the day, WWE is still expecting complete cannibalization of the PPV segment, especially making PPVs available to international subscribers via the same Network seen in the U.S.

WWE hopes that offering the same Network to international subscribers, especially to those who have never had access to PPVs, will bump up the subscriber count to the break-even point. And then grow business in 2015 and beyond.

Specific to the U.K. market, WWE will have the benefit of launching in that market in October, then having their bi-annual European Tour in November to follow through on the launch with more promotional efforts.

The goal is to build on what McMahon claimed to be a "strong base" of 700,000 domestic Network subscribers. Management also sees 424,000 combined North American PPV buys for WrestleMania as fertile ground to find subscribers, but WWE only grew the Network by 33,000 subscriptions (7 percent) after WM30.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_79922.shtml#.U9s-3kj97DM

Back