Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Waite is a brain daed footballer.

Always injured or when in gets suspended or cant get near it.

Does so many dumb things on the footy field and isnt a team player.

And a injury prone player at 31 will only get worse.

Are we looking for Tom Currans's replacement or Petrie.

Wow, he looks s**t tonight.

Please no.
beginner-ski-instruction.jpg

As bad as he is we have no options to cover for Drew in case of an injury....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still doesn't compensate for be lack of pace, but meh, he could do no worse than some of our key forwards.

I think the thing for me is that he offers something that most of our big fellas don't.

Aggression, although it can be misguided at times you can't underestimate a big bloke that hits a pack or drives a tackle into the ground. Yeh you have to take the good with the bad and hope that he doesn't headbutt someone or get reported but imagine if goldy or dish had a bit of extra campaigner in them.

That gets blokes around you excited. Atm we have pig cunners and ziebell who offer some mongrel but not much else.

Oh yeh and he kicks goals

I think the thing for me is that he offers something that most of our big fellas don't.

Aggression, although it can be misguided at times you can't underestimate a big bloke that hits a pack or drives a tackle into the ground. Yeh you have to take the good with the bad and hope that he doesn't headbutt someone or get reported but imagine if goldy or dish had a bit of extra campaigner in them.

That gets blokes around you excited. Atm we have pig cunners and ziebell who offer some mongrel but not much else.

Oh yeh and he kicks goals
I think that's why I liked having Ben Brown in the team. Not for the aggression, but for the enthusiasm and joy he bought to the team. You could tell he was loving every minute out there. There seems to be a sameness to all the players at the moment, like they're just going through the motions.

I just had a quick look at Waites stats compared to Petrie and Black. Waite's played 5 less games than Drew & Blacky, yet he's kicked the same amount of goals as Black and only 9 less than Petrie. A bit of food for thought.

I just had a quick look at Waites stats compared to Petrie and Black. Waite's played 5 less games than Drew & Blacky, yet he's kicked the same amount of goals as Black and only 9 less than Petrie. A bit of food for thought.

Kicked 7 goals in 2 finals last year.

Maj or Brown might kick 1 goal a week ATM regardless of how we play. Tarrant might kick multiple goals if he ever gets on the park.

I was waiting for this to come up.

Not a chance, doesn't fill a deficiency on our list
what? somebody that turns up every week to play that shows a bit of leadership.
Well worth the one year deal, would pass on so much knowledge to Wood and Black as hit up forwards.

Guessing you haven't watched much of Ryan O'Keefe much lately...
Dont no about you but its not that easy to turn on the tv and watch a NEAFL game but his stats look fairly impressive.
avg 31 touches a game, 5 marks, 8 tackles and 5 inside 50's.
Last week he had 35 and kicked 2.2 in a side that only kicked 8 goals for the game and lost by 33 pts

Dont no about you but its not that easy to turn on the tv and watch a NEAFL game but his stats look fairly impressive.
avg 31 touches a game, 5 marks, 8 tackles and 5 inside 50's.
Last week he had 35 and kicked 2.2 in a side that only kicked 8 goals for the game and lost by 33 pts

Just to give you some idea, the NEAFL is about VFL reserves level.

I mean, drafting an old, slowed down midfielder/high half forward who's averaging 10 touches a game with our list profile? What could possibly go wrong!

Actually it would be a little less than that overall.
He is averaging 8 tackles a game, this is a player i would want in my team, even if it is for 1 year.
Experience, Leadership and Effort is what you'd get, so id say its worth the risk.

He is averaging 8 tackles a game, this is a player i would want in my team, even if it is for 1 year.
Experience, Leadership and Effort is what you'd get, so id say its worth the risk.
Well, no he's not. He's averaging less than 3 tackles a game, unless we're thinking of drafting him just to play him in the North Ballarat 2's?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back