Preview Changes for Round 19 vs West Coast

That doesn't even make sense as our percentage is 109, but I'm sure it sounded smart in your head. Please don't go into coaching, it really wouldn't be a good career choice.

It made perfect sense...

Smithalicious

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are we improving any of the other players on our lists ability to crash packs by having them play in the twos whilst we play pods to do it?

If not, how do people propose we address what is apparently a serious deficiency in our list.
Hire a bunch of people over the off season that Jenkins just has to crunch over and over and over under high balls, whilst pushing off a proper defender, give him a cookie each time he does it.

That or those bag things but it's not the same as slamming into actual people.......

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Listening to Fab Phil, he reckons Lynch is best 22 when in form and also suggested they didn't want to go four talls. So who comes out when in form?
Pods? Don't think so, Jenkins nah and Tex no chance.

And they will get Charlie back in when fit ASAP. Going to be interesting.

Surprised no Reilly though.

Yeah, the whole notion of 'didn't want to go four talls' is clearly code for 'Lynch was useless and needs to regain form and confidence in the twos and we have no good talls to replace him, therefore we don't want to go four talls'.

Lynch, Kerridge and Charlie C will all be back in the side this season, and Grigg, Wright, Martin and Laird have the most selection pressure on them at this stage. Truck is also a chance to reappear if LT fails, and M Crouch is a constant threat to break into the midfield.

Reilly needs TWO of Brown, Jaensch, Smith, Henderson and Laird out to ever get a look-in again.

Dandy_GO

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 25, 2005
Yunnan, China
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Sunderland
Are we improving any of the other players on our lists ability to crash packs by having them play in the twos whilst we play pods to do it?

If not, how do people propose we address what is apparently a serious deficiency in our list.
We have a few choices - JJ somehow learns to do it, McKernan plays despite uninspiring SANFL returns, Walker adjusts his game to do more of this stuff, or we identify this skill as a need and get someone in the offseason that provides it.
I suppose we could decide to coach around it. The bulldogs tried that for a while, out of necessity, and then ended up grabbing Barry Hall.
I'm pretty happy to stick with Pods for the time being, though as soon as our genuine finals hopes are dashed we should re-asses.

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

Will need to happen via trade as there is nobody on our list capable of being this player other than Pods and Jenkins.

McKernan will be delisted. Johnston will be delisted or traded. Hartigan is a defender and will never be anything but a defender. Sam Shaw doesn't have the build for it. Siggins - again, a defender. Angus Graham is Angus Graham. Osborn likely won't be retained. Nobody else exists.

Can't believe my boy has copped the axe after we get into the 8

I said it at the start of the year, pods will take games off the development of other players, here we have our second case

It is complete bias at the selection table, lynch plays 2 bad games in a row (not worse than any 2 bad games that pods plays in a row) and gets the axe. It happened with LJ at the start of the year, pods is immune because he has the best mate as his coach

If pods plays a terrible game this week, will he get dropped? Of course not, double standards people

And lynch is now right in the gun to go back to Victoria. It's not that he will sook and ask to be traded, it's that clubs now know he is on the outer, and pods is ahead of him. They'll already be getting their claws into him, lynch will probably head back for a 2-3 year deal. Damian Barrett predicted it earlier in the year, whoever got dropped out of lynch and jenkins in order for pods to stay in, would leave back to Victoria

It's a win-win though, lynch gets to go home, and we get to play pods...

Hopefully he stays, don't want to pick a new favourite
Lol you are relying on Damian Barrett - no wonder you come up with info that is so wrong!

Lynchy is not leaving. Will find form & be back so no need to Bobby frett ;)

Last edited:

BobaFett

Cancelled
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol you are relying on Damian Barrett - no wonder you come up with info that is so wrong!

Lynchy is not leaving. Will find form & be back so no need to Bobby frett ;)

He won't leave. He loves Adelaide, he loves the club, lifestyle and club.

I think it's more they don't like it once they've seen it in action.

The club knows Lynch is the more important player long term, however he is in woeful form, give him a week or two, get some confidence up and then straight swap with Pods.
agree

not to mention Lynch has missed a stack of footy this year due to injury, couple of weeks dominating in the sanfl is the tonic that he needs

Irrelevant how lynch performs in the SANFL, he will be there for the rest of the year. Not a chance he will get another look in, we will most likely win every game.

Only changes from here on will be a revolving door between grigg/cameron to see which fits best for finals

Tex is undroppable, Jenkins is needed for second ruck, and this just leaves senior citizen pods. Sando will not drop him, he could literally have zero touches for the rest of the year and still be played. He has different KPI's than the rest of the list, all he has to do is not get injured.

I think lynch will leave. Its easy to say he loves the club, but other clubs will be into him now. He has just been shown the coaches cards, the coach prefers a forward line of tex, JJ and pods. Pods isn't going anywhere next year, so I'm pretty confident lynch will see the writing on the wall and field offers. Ive actually got a credible source on this, so don't shoot me down too quickly.

ill miss lynch:(

Last edited:

BobaFett

Cancelled
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, the whole notion of 'didn't want to go four talls' is clearly code for 'Lynch was useless and needs to regain form and confidence in the twos and we have no good talls to replace him, therefore we don't want to go four talls'.

Lynch, Kerridge and Charlie C will all be back in the side this season, and Grigg, Wright, Martin and Laird have the most selection pressure on them at this stage. Truck is also a chance to reappear if LT fails, and M Crouch is a constant threat to break into the midfield.

Reilly needs TWO of Brown, Jaensch, Smith, Henderson and Laird out to ever get a look-in again.

Lynch is done for the year barring an injury. The coach prefers a 3 pronged attack, only reason he went with 4 is because lynch demanded a game due to his form earlier in year. Will be traded at end of year

Kerridge will most likely not play again for the year, has a foot problem that the club is concerned about. Expect a cub statement in the next three weeks saying he has been sent to surgery, and put away for the year.

Cameron is the wildcard. Will be putting a heap of pressure on martin and wright. Especially wright.

Reilly is done. Needs 2 injuries or no chance

BobaFett

Cancelled
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
When i first heard my boy had been dropped:
Dr.-Who.gif

I had to pull over to take a moment:
Glee1.gif

Had dinner alone:
Adam-Brody1.gif

Then my worst fears were realised, i got told he may seek a trade
Star-Trek.gif

You don't want to see what happened next, check the news headlines tomorrow morning

Last edited:

Matman23

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm predicting Lynch to have 37 touches this weekend.
He needed this and will be better for it.
Lynch can play a few different roles so he will always have a spot in our side. When fit.

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes Lynch played badly last week but don't agree with dropping him this week .
If kicking fallen away then coaches you haven't been doing your job, but of course not a orphan there.
Some of those shots for goal were awful including Eddie , wright ,Pods etc until Jaensch and Smith showed them how to do it from the 50.
But most of all this 4 tall crap really annoys me .
Lynch is a lead up forward who gets up the wings and collects possession and with a bigger body on lead a bigger target .
He would normally get more kicks than Eddie , Pods and Cameron totalled in any game.
The more you bring Tex up the field you are creating another opposition mid.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think lynch will leave. Its easy to say he loves the club, but other clubs will be into him now. He has just been shown the coaches cards, the coach prefers a forward line of tex, JJ and pods. Pods isn't going anywhere next year, so I'm pretty confident lynch will see the writing on the wall and field offers. Ive actually got a credible source on this, so don't shoot me down too quickly.

That's ridiculous.

Lynch has been dropped because his form is crap.

If they were all in good form, or even if Lynch was in good form, but we'd decided to drop a 'tall' for balance/structural reasons, and Lynch was given the arse, then I'd agree with you - but that isn't the case.

Pods should be dropped.
Jenkins is only in because he's the second ruck.
Lynch was in poor form.

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

ill miss lynch:(

Compared to you, my 1 year old niece is credible.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
The ability to crash packs is a not really something that is developed at an AFL club.

It is the years of kicking a footy around with mates and playing "Marks Up" as a kid that develops it. It is little surprise that big guys who played basketball and little footy as a kid can not do this as well as those who grew up with the game.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Good changes. Pods plays his role very well and Lynch won't leave. Everyone knows he's best 22 but he needs to find some touch. He even knows this. Go Crows!

Hysterical? No.
Common sensical? Yes.

Can you post more please, it will help drown out the oxygen thieves.

Back