Summer Transfer Window

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are Negrado and Augero expected to be back?

Jovetic and dzeko should suffice early on in the season

negredo is out for 3 months or so with a broken bone in his foot

i'd say kun will be 'fit' to start the season as in no injuries, but he's still on holidays. i have no idea when he and zaba and demi rejoin the squad

negredo is out for 3 months or so with a broken bone in his foot

i'd say kun will be 'fit' to start the season as in no injuries, but he's still on holidays. i have no idea when he and zaba and demi rejoin the squad
From a city perspective it is important to ensure kun isnt rushed back into a large minutes capcity early on in the season. Will be a very handy sub off the bench for the first few games against tiring defences!

Shame about Negrado

Side note partnership of Lovren and sakho potentially best in the league?

index.php

**** YEAH!!!!!

Arsenal finally filled this seasons quota of signing a 15yr old! I didn't think Arsene would do it but BAM glad we got that one out of the way!

Arsenal have raided Barcelona to sign exciting Germany youth international Georgios Spanoudakis.

"The 15-year-old, who was highly-rated in Barca’s famed La Masia academy setup, rejected a host of other offers to seal a move to the Emirates Stadium this week.

A cultured central midfielder with an eye for a pass, Spanoudakis joined Barca in 2009 from Eintracht Frankfurt and has since played for the Catalan club’s various youth teams.

He has been capped for Germany at Under-15 and Under-16 level but is also eligible to play for Greece, with some suggestions that their FA has already been in touch about transferring his nationality in the future."

apparently this kid has signed for Stuttgart? what happened with Arsenal?

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has told Sky Sports News in an exclusive interview that Fernando Torres will not be sold during this transfer window.
"Three strikers is fundamental in a squad and we have three strikers; Fernando, Didier and Diego so one of them is not (going) for sure."

Gael Kakuta has joined Rayo Vallecano on loan from Chelsea, the Spanish club have announced.

Iago Aspas, on loan at Sevilla from Liverpool, has warned new team-mate Alberto Moreno against a move to Anfield as reports continue to suggest that the highly-rated left-back will soon be on his way to England.
"Alberto Moreno would never feel like he does in Sevilla at Liverpool. I've been here for three or four days. Now that I belong to Sevilla, I would prefer that he stays here."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I think I’m an all-round goalkeeper but I know I can improve at everything. I am only 22 years old. I’m still young and I’m here to learn a lot off Christophe Lollichon, Petr Cech and Mark Schwarzer. I just have to work hard and prove myself in training. We have to train hard and work hard together as one team. All I can do is play well and then hope the manager chooses me. It’s the same as for everyone"

Love hearing this from Courtois.

Like Azpi, Schurrle, Hazard, Oscar and Salah did last season. Like Zouma, Courtois and Van Ginkel will this season. We play kids as much as any big club in the world.

He would have gotten chances if he wanted to stick around, but for some reason he didn't think he was good enough.
Azpi is 24 years old, Schurrle is 23, Hazard is 23 and Oscar is 22. Young? Sure. Kids. No.

Oh I agree. I'd love for Chelsea to sign him and for him to score 10 goals this season. Would be a massive slap in the face to the scousers.
Meh, if we almost signed him and then Chelsea stole him at the last minute then banging in goals for Chelsea. Sure, slap in the face. But we chose not to sign him for medical reasons. That's all it is. Wherever he goes I hope he plays well, scores goals (when not playing us) and stays healthy.

Azpi is 24 years old, Schurrle is 23, Hazard is 23 and Oscar is 22. Young? Sure. Kids. No.

Azpi was 22, Schurrle was 22, Oscar was 20 and Hazard was 21 when they broke into the side. I would say were are kids(in a big club way).

Van Ginkel's 21, Zouma's 19 and Courtois's 22 and are expected to push for spots this season.

We play the kids as much as any.

Last edited:
I bet most of the pool supporters trash talking have never seen much of him.

He is a hardworking, servicable player who will do well for you guys. Fits in well with the style of play you had last season.
Ive bolded the important bit. We're not WBA fighting off relegation or West Ham or Villa looking to the safety of mid table and a decent cup run. We're Liverpool Football Club. Our aims are to win the league, win the European Cup, win the FA Cup, win the League Cup.

We dont want servicable players. Sturridge was one thing, because he was clearly talented and mishandled by Chelsea but Bertrand is just a fairly average player who will find his level at a mid table club.

Bertrand has no business at Liverpool Football Club, or Chelsea FC for that matter.

Azpi was 22, Schurrle was 22, Oscar was 20 and Hazard was 21 when they broke into the side. I would say were are kids.
For me kids are 21 or younger so it rules out Azpi and Schurrle. Oscar was/is very talented when he came in and got a lot of start in that three pronged attacking midfield you play. Hazard joined right on the cusp and had plenty of experience from his first team exploits with Lille.

But anyways, I wouldnt think Chelsea have a strong reputation for playing kids.

For me kids are 21 or younger so it rules out Azpi and Schurrle. Oscar was/is very talented when he came in and got a lot of start in that three pronged attacking midfield you play. Hazard joined right on the cusp and had plenty of experience from his first team exploits with Lille.

But anyways, I wouldnt think Chelsea have a strong reputation for playing kids.

Thats an out dated stereotype nowadays.

Spin it how you like, but we play you if your good enough regardless of age.

"Playing the Kids" and playing young players are two different things for me.

First one is developing players through your youth system and promoting them to the first team. The latter (what Chelsea have done) is pay big money for young players who have starred already for other teams.

Chelsea did not develop Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle etc (maybe Azpi has pushed on since joining you), they were already at that level.

Not much more we could have done, he didn't want to fight for spot.

Courtois is facing the same situation, I guess you find out the true character of a player when theres a bit of competition.
Courtois is a very different situation. GK's simply dont play unless you are the No.1. You dont bring Cech off on the hour if you know what I mean.

If Courtois doesnt play this season, you can bet he will want out just like Lukaku did.

Sense will prevail though and Cech, despite his sterling service, will be sold asap.

Manquillo deal close and as expected, Liverpool are back in for Moreno with a breakthrough having been made in the last few days. (As reported by James Pearce, Tony Barrett, Chris Bascombe)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/liverpool-fc-closing-double-swoop-7546066

Iago Aspas, on loan at Sevilla from Liverpool, has warned new team-mate Alberto Moreno against a move to Anfield as reports continue to suggest that the highly-rated left-back will soon be on his way to England.
"Alberto Moreno would never feel like he does in Sevilla at Liverpool. I've been here for three or four days. Now that I belong to Sevilla, I would prefer that he stays here."

Sounds like Aspas has a case of the Joe Cole's! Bitter that he wasn't good enough for Liverpool so he drops a little snide message to the media on the way out, I feel sorry for him to be honest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back