Universal Love Gavin Wanganeen gets his premiership guernsey back

Remove this Banner Ad

Troy Chaplin? Funny how it was handed back after we played Richmond in Melbourne.....an hour after the game.

While Salim Hassan didn't so much as take a berry ice powerade out of the esky.

*In that Troy Chaplin voice*

"Carry, it's.....just call me Mr T......oh, there's already a Mr T......ummmm...just call me Mr C.......oh, there's already a Mr C too, damn Tom Bosley. Ok, just call me Roy Aplin. I have stumbled across Wangas' 2004 premiership jumper and want to get it back to him. A mate had it and gave it to me, Roy Aplin, to give back to Gav. I'll meet you above the Port race after the Richmond v Port game at Etihad an hour after the game. That'll give me time to warm down, get showered and dresse........I mean, get the jumper off my mate and meet you.
Now remember Carry, my name is Roy Aplin. My name is most definitely NOT Troy Chaplin. Say hello to the wife for me" *hangs up phone*.

I was down there when this happened (only got to see the aftermath).

Donno if it's been said but how good is our PR machine ?
- they didn't need to video Josh getting it, the build up of wangers asking for it back etc. The thing I love about this club is they take us(the supporters) along for the ride - and they let us sit pretty bloody close to the front.

Troy Chaplin? Funny how it was handed back after we played Richmond in Melbourne.....an hour after the game.
You guessed correctly.

Not sure if he was the "middle man" and was just passing it on behalf of someone else but my source told me that he was was the one who gave the jumper back to Josh Carr.

Who knows how he ended up with it?

You guessed correctly.

Not sure if he was the "middle man" and was just passing it on behalf of someone else but my source told me that he was was the one who gave the jumper back to Josh Carr.

Chaplin is a campaigner. Exactly the type to think "Hey, I'll steal Waganeen's jumper because it will be worth something one day" - which is bad enough, but sort of understandable when you're young. But to then keep quiet about it for ten years because he's a ******* soft-utensil who can't man up and face the consequences is a new form of low.

He stole it or knew who did for a long time, because if he didn't, he would have been willing to be seen on camera and give it back to Carr to perhaps mend some bridges with former players. I'm glad he's gone, and when we play Richmond next year...I don't boo anyone, but I'll ******* boo the s**t out of him every time it even LOOKS like he's getting the ball.

Excellent PR work by PAFC. Great to see the return of his jumper at long last. Gavs emotional reaction confirms where his football heart is and what it means for a player to win a flag...hats of to whoever organized the handing back of his jumper in front of all the players. An unforgettable moment for everyone. There wasn't a dry eye in my house last night.Next mission.. get Peters.

You guessed correctly.

He was in the changerooms after the game. Why the need for a "middleman" if the person who had it could have just mailed it Registered Post back to the club annonymously? That's how I would have done it if it was me. It all points to Chaplin. What an arse.

Let's try not immediately believing everything we hear? Chaplin is a campaigner but I'm gonna need more than a totally unsubstantiated rumour to want the bloke hung, drawn and quartered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I'm confused. Surely he's a middle man. Seriously he couldn't have been the one
Agreed. Despite the s**t we all love to (rightfully IMO) hang on Chaplin, I can't see a young kid (at the time) stealing a senior teammates jumper.

IF he was the middle man then how I feel depends on if he knew about it for a long time. If he did and pressured the person, I'm appreciative. If he did and didn't pressure them, then he's a campaigner. If he's just a middle man contacted as an ex-Port player (as the person was unwilling to directly contact the club or current player), then we should grit our teeth and thank him sincerely.

I was at the game that day.

I now wish I stayed around afterwards to see what really happened but I had to meet up with my wife and daughter who went shopping while the game was being played.

I can't believe Chaplin would be involved in the theft (surely not). I am hoping that someone contacted him as a go betweeen because of his previous connections at Port so that the jumper could be returned.

I find it hard to believe that even Troy Chaplin is that much of a low life to steal a teammates GF guernsey. Maybe he is a bigger campaigner than I thought.

Like I said - at the time he was young and might have thought "Hey, Gav's got his premiership medallion" or "He can just ask the club for another one".

Agreed. Despite the s**t we all love to (rightfully IMO) hang on Chaplin, I can't see a young kid (at the time) stealing a senior teammates jumper.

IF he was the middle man then how I feel depends on if he knew about it for a long time. If he did and pressured the person, I'm appreciative. If he did and didn't pressure them, then he's a campaigner. If he's just a middle man contacted as an ex-Port player (as the person was unwilling to directly contact the club or current player), then we should grit our teeth and thank him sincerely.

Why wouldn't he want to present it himself then, or at least receive some appreciation for doing such a gesture? I know I would - especially if people back at the club didn't think much of me. No one wants to be thought of as a villain. He would have got credits with everyone for doing it and not be thought of as a massive campaigner after his celebrations.

The timing of the whole thing is just too coincidental for it not to be Chaplin, or someone related to him...he's at Richmond now, the way Gavin spoke about his jumper and wanting it returned...

Let's try not immediately believing everything we hear? Chaplin is a campaigner but I'm gonna need more than a totally unsubstantiated rumour to want the bloke hung, drawn and quartered.

Plus it would spoil Jesper the Felcher's next 'big scoop' that PAFC fabricated the whole jumper handback thing in a futile attempt to revive their flagging season :oops:

Something I noticed watching this again - look at the reaction on Trengove and Clurey's faces. Jackson is like '* yeah!' with this s**t eating grin while Clurey looks at that jumper and what it means like it's the Shroud of Turin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back