Autopsy Rd 19 Carlton v Fremantle Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluebelle when do you head back home. It is a bit cold this morning isn't it. I'm better today we didn't get thrashed and were so compettive right to the last dying seconds.

Not hurting because the effort was there and the year is already over.

Players get a tick for defending their opponents and pushing back in successive games. Especially on a larger ground with Carlton selecting a one paced squad. Finally working towards playing four quarters.

Hope we can recruit some good ball users to top off our players who missed last night. Feel we're not as bad as everyone makes out. Makes you wonder how we were belted by the Pies and Essendon* who are mediocre. Buddy put on a clinic against us. Several of our best players and Docherty have only hit form after interrupted pre-seasons.

Johnson didn't get near it.

It could get ugly once they lose Pav, McPharlin, Johnson, Sandilands, Crowley and Dawson (LOL.) Mundy and Pearce aren't kids. Don't tell that to Luke Darcy who was rabbiting on about the Dockers having their best side in. 2013 might have been their last chance to get a flag with this group. De ja vu for Lyon who had a similar older list at St Kilda.

Dockers deserve a wrap for their classy tribute to the three kids who were killed in that plane. :cry:

They do it well. Can still remember their classy sign off before Fitzroy's last game.

Bluebelle when do you head back home. It is a bit cold this morning isn't it. I'm better today we didn't get thrashed and were so compettive right to the last dying seconds.

Tomorrow arvo mate. It looks sunny outside but I'm still in bed. Nursing a bit of a hangy :(

Don't apologise. He ****** up, and I'm sure he knows about it.

Poor kid - he just had one of those nights.
His 3rd quarter was pretty good. Just a shame he couldn't hit that target in the dying minutes.

Still, really proud of their effort when Fremantle were supposed to be at full strength, yet we were missing Kreuzer, Robinson, Menzel, Everitt & Walker.

Had we won the game we would have been lucky given how we played that last quarter.

Nah.

Owned that game, last quarter we played almost as well as the rest of the game. Two or three times the Dockers kicked and hoped and we had the set up right (3 of us to one of theirs) and the jammy bastards hit the Freo jumper.

Sick of smart small forwards tearing us a new one. We couldn't handle Milne until Walker tamed him, Le Cras saved his best games for us and Ballantyne won the game (with a lot of help from Fyfe). It seems we have nobody capable of concentrating for a full game. Walker may have been the answer last night if he wasn't out for the year but out of the rest who do we have ? Everitt maybe ?

Sick of smart small forwards tearing us a new one. We couldn't handle Milne until Walker tamed him, Le Cras saved his best games for us and Ballantyne won the game (with a lot of help from Fyfe). It seems we have nobody capable of concentrating for a full game. Walker may have been the answer last night if he wasn't out for the year but out of the rest who do we have ? Everitt maybe ?
Buckley.

If that was Freo's best side and we had four or five players out plus players in the 2s we are in way better shape. We just need to bring it all together. Plus Thomas hasn't really had a full preseason and will be so much better next year. Great signs for the blue boys in 2015.

Missed out seeing you guys last night because the Australind was late getting in to the city :( and then the traffic was a nightmare getting up there... should have just drove up instead.

Dockers deserve a wrap for their classy tribute to the three kids who were killed in that plane. :cry:

They do it well. Can still remember their classy sign off before Fitzroy's last game.

Very impressed with the tribute to the the 3 young kids. Well done to our boys who lined up next to the dockers banner.

You are right that they do it well, their Anzac Day game (Len Hall game) is always done really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed out seeing you guys last night because the Australind was late getting in to the city :( and then the traffic was a nightmare getting up there... should have just drove up instead.

Next time mate

Well it's the next day after a close loss again, but I actually feel o.k as the boys played their hearts out last night except for a few skill department errors to fix up we are on the right track.
Plus after seeing the tragedy of those poor parents live at the game was very emotional for everyone there especially for those of us with kids well done to Freo Footy club for a well thought out tribute to those poor little babies and the Blues boys for their support as well. In such sad times as these it's good to know that the whole footy community helps each other out.

What an effort. Played the better football for three quarters but just lacked the polish/class to put the Dockers away when we had the chance.

What cost us again was our 'bottom six' players. I'm not potting the individuals per se but rather the quality of their combined output. If we can bring in a few more 'best 22' players this offseason - just like last offseason - then that would go a long way to improving our consistency within games.

Based on the last 2 games Johnson, Graham, Doc will all be best 22 contributors next year.

If Cripps can live up to his hype from VFL, walker return to good form after getting his body right I'm excited already.

I wanna see this effort next week.

Good game last night and unlucky with the result.I will say one thing the majority of the Dockers supporters were very gracious and a couple even let me and my son watch the last half in there seats right next to the Blues dugout.It was such a thrill for my son to see the boys so close up.I much prefer Dockers supporters over Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back