Exodus Watch 2014 - Go hard or go home

JasperBeardly

All Australian
Dec 3, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeh Emma Quayle is a ripper. Super in the loop. Would take most things she says pretty seriously.

Great read. Onya Paps!

Always enjoy Emma's articles. Such a pleasure, if something of a rarity these days, to read articles light on hyperbole and free of inaccuracy, axe grinding and personal agendas.

Great news about Paps and the likely signings of Taylor and Gardiner. Nice to get a few good news stories in a row about the club!

Having got Marco over the line I am pretty confident all round on our other signings.

I expect Aish and Squizzy to sign, maybe during the off season. I would not be at all surprised if there respective managers were saying "Ok Lewis/James it is between you and James/Lewis for best lions first year player, you are also a shot at the rising star, either of those wins could add a little to your contract so there is no rush", I'd have no problem with that either.

Likewise if McStay was thinking "string a few more games together at the back end of the year, and I can sign the sort of deal thatsomeone on the edge of the best 22 might get rather than a standard rookie upgrade"

Not saying that is what is happening but it appears logical and wouldn't cause me any problems if it did.

Nah...more like "He's a big boy and we need to let him go and do what he wants to do". Good, sensible supportive people.

I wonder if self sufficient and parents who are supportive but not overbearing is a new pre-requisite for our recruiters.

I wonder if self sufficient and parents who are supportive but not overbearing is a new pre-requisite for our recruiters.
Could be,if you ever thought you could get a good read on it.

Parents who carry on like their kid has been conscripted are not much help to our cause.

Could be,if you ever thought you could get a good read on it.

Parents who carry on like their kid has been conscripted are not much help to our cause.

Its probably not the easiest thing to read but you wonder if when they sat down with the player's parents they didn't have a few new questions to help feel things out.

I have a little bit of an inside word on McStay and my understanding is that he's pretty happy at the moment - and so are his folks.

an so is his grandma as well.....

Big Lion

Club Legend
Aug 10, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great news about Paps re-signing, so much good news coming out of our club atm, loving it.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Congratulations guys, some fantastic news for the club with these re-signings. Much deserved after the crap the club was forced to endure last year. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and you can keep all of the boys you want to together for a long time. All the best.

Back