Essendon officially recognises LGBTI member group

Last edited by a moderator:
How? By segregating them into their own special category?
By promoting the fact that the community is a diverse one and recognizing that to get equality, these sorts of things are needed to put it at the forefront of everybody's minds?

By promoting the fact that the community is a diverse one and recognizing that to get equality, these sorts of things are needed to put it at the forefront of everybody's minds?
Alright. So lets have a white people only membership. A membership just for blacks, a membership for Muslims. Where does it stop? This is nothing but a PR stunt and its a load of s**t.

Why do there need to be different memberships based on sexual orientation? Do you think we need memberships for black people or asians, males or females, over 40's and under 40's?

What's next? Memberships for pets?

Oh wait.
It's a social issue that Australia is behind the times on. If it were Carlton or Hawthorn I would still applaud them for taking the initiative over this.

Mar 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
"Tuazon-McCheyne said it was thrilling that Essendon was taking ''a stand against homophobia''.
''It’s really important when I take my husband and son to the football that I don’t have to hear discriminatory words or offensive words and I can feel safe and valued. And the Essendon Football Club does care about its fans.''"

How does having a particular membership over another particular membership make any of this happen? I just don't get it.

I would like one membership for my gay dog called Sparky.

Sir how do you know your dog is gay?

Well Sir he licks his own balls.

Back