Universal Love Gavin Wanganeen gets his premiership guernsey back

Remove this Banner Ad

The theft of the guernsey could have a net benefit for the club long term, if it means that Text sees how much his dad loves the guernsey and PAFC.
Lynda Loades can confirm this but I believe the correct spelling is tx,e

No, and in addition to that I'm pointing out that the handover was filmed like that for dramatic effect. In case anyone's taking THAT seriously. ;)

I'm just using it as an excuse to boo Chaplin, really.

No, and in addition to that I'm pointing out that the handover was filmed like that for dramatic effect. In case anyone's taking THAT seriously. ;)

maybe. but why? there was no need to fake something like that.

given the way it happened, i'd say the person who handed it over is almost certainly a richmond employee, probably one of the ex-port people there. this person most likely called someone they know at the club and said something like "a mate/relative of mine has admitted he stole gav's guernsey and has handed it over to me. after the game at etihad i'll come down to the race after the warm down and post-match stuff is done and pass it on."

Great that Gav got it back and that the club set it up and we all got to see it. That premiership was bloody hard work after the failures of 01-03.

But you gotta ask the questions - 1) what sort of ******* moron would pinch it 2) what the * would they do with it? put it up in the wall in the lounge or bar area? try and sell it as an authentic stolen Gavin Wanganeen GF jumper? 3) why has it taken so long for them to grow a brain, be remorseful and hand it back?

I'd like to see the idiot outed, so he/she can be publicly shamed. And if the consequences were severe for that individual - then bad luck.

Great that Gav got it back and that the club set it up and we all got to see it. That premiership was bloody hard work after the failures of 01-03.

But you gotta ask the questions - 1) what sort of ******* moron would pinch it 2) what the **** would they do with it? put it up in the wall in the lounge or bar area? try and sell it as an authentic stolen Gavin Wanganeen GF jumper? 3) why has it taken so long for them to grow a brain, be remorseful and hand it back?

I'd like to see the idiot outed, so he/she can be publicly shamed. And if the consequences were severe for that individual - then bad luck.

some deadshit friend or relative of a port player or staff member wanting a piece of footy history for themselves i'd guess.

the club promised that there would be no ramifications for the person who returned it. it likely wouldn't have been returned otherwise. it'd be a dick move to go back on that promise now, and would mean no one would trust the club when trying to recover any stolen items in the future. peter burgoyne's guernsey is still missing, remember.

some deadshit friend or relative of a port player or staff member wanting a piece of footy history for themselves i'd guess.

the club promised that there would be no ramifications for the person who returned it. it likely wouldn't have been returned otherwise. it'd be a dick move to go back on that promise now, and would mean no one would trust the club when trying to recover any stolen items in the future. peter burgoyne's guernsey is still missing, remember.

Oh no I'm not saying the club or anyone involved from the club who got it back, should out him. One of his dopey mates or relative should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff!

Port taking the piss. Wonder if Kern was behind the keyboard?

165rt5.png

Whoever handed it over wears what looks like a thick, gold wedding ring

Smoking_Gun1_zps8717f389.jpg

I doubt Chaplin would have his on so soon after the game?

Also he may be seen wearing some form of Nike paraphernalia.

Smoking_Gun2_zpsa43f67a6.jpg

n4f0caae2093ba.jpg

To be fair we don't know whether the person in the video actually took it, could have been a friend of Chaplins and took it without telling. Chaplin could have also had a friend return it so he didn't have to face Carr

That video brought a tear to my eye, now hopefully they can get Peter's back one day.People should never touch em, I have 2 from my local footy flags, their 2 of my most treasured possesions but would be useless to someone else.

Let's try not immediately believing everything we hear? Chaplin is a campaigner but I'm gonna need more than a totally unsubstantiated rumour to want the bloke hung, drawn and quartered.
nah you could have told me he took the last Tim Tam and that would have been enough for me to want to back over him in the car. Chaplin is absolute *head and I hope Richmond go absolutely nowhere with him on their list

To be fair we don't know whether the person in the video actually took it, could have been a friend of Chaplins and took it without telling. Chaplin could have also had a friend return it so he didn't have to face Carr
yeah, fair enough.

i know (though not well) a few of chaplin's family members. if it was someone connected to him, maybe i can find out.

don't hold your breath though.
So we are officially believing it was Chappy now, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back