Preview Pre-match v Port Adelaide - Sunday 4:40 (MCG) (out: Seeds, Young, BenKen; In: Armstrong, Fas, Dwyer)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsure why Kennedy was dropped, but Bucks has made it clear he will be playing the "hungriest" 22 players each week. Maybe the rumours of Kennedy being homesick aren't so unfounded?

Either way, looking at the side now, it does't instill much confidence.

So who out of Dywer, Blair, Armstrong and Martin gets the green vest of death this week?

I'd like to see Blair given it, but have the feeling K-Mart or Dwyer will get it, which will be a mistake.
Put the Sack on notice due to form and contract talks and give it to him. He would also be a good impact player when required with the vest

Many so called Collingwood supporters on this board are not true, side by side supporters.
They support their own interpretation or view of Collingwood. A true supporter should be an unconditional supporter.
Yes, critique when necessary, air alternative views......but not getting behind & supporting a magpie on debut, wearing the black & white jumper is absolutely pathetic.
Very very disappointing.

I think he still drifts in and out of games. I'll be happy if he starts, but if he is in our best 22, I think he would be very useful as our sub. Smart options and hitting targets when everyone else is physically and mentally fatigued.

Plus I'd like to see Martin, Fas Broomy and Armstrong get at least 3 quarters to see what they can do.

Unsure why Kennedy was dropped, but Bucks has made it clear he will be playing the "hungriest" 22 players each week. Maybe the rumours of Kennedy being homesick aren't so unfounded?

He isnt home sick, not even close and i have no idea who started those rumours but it isnt true.

He isnt home sick, not even close and i have no idea who started those rumours but it isnt true.

Kennedy knows exactly where he stands.

Needs to do the damage when he gets the chance to play. I thought in the 1/2 he played he did well but you need to come to the plate in the quarters you play as sub and he hasn't done it yet if we are honest about it.

Many so called Collingwood supporters on this board are not true, side by side supporters.
They support their own interpretation or view of Collingwood. A true supporter should be an unconditional supporter.
Yes, critique when necessary, air alternative views......but not getting behind & supporting a magpie on debut, wearing the black & white jumper is absolutely pathetic.
Very very disappointing.
It's the bigfooty way. If this board had a say in match committee it would be
Kennedy-frost-broomhead
Langdon-KeefeKeefe- lumumba
Sidebottom-beams-Martin
Fasolo-Reid- Adams
Grundy-Cloke- Elliot

Witts- pendles - Thomas

I know which starting 18 I would rather

*did not name injured blokes. Aka swan

Needs to do the damage when he gets the chance to play. I thought in the 1/2 he played he did well but you need to come to the plate in the quarters you play as sub and he hasn't done it yet if we are honest about it.
he did against Gold Coast and then got made sub again and sorta looked bemused. To be honest he needs a couple games under his belt. Cant keep being a sub all the time. Feel for him, one of the few blokes who actually shows that they are giving 100%.
He isnt going anywhere, he was always going to take a while cause of his size but he will be a beauty.

I would be disappointed if Kennedy left but I can understand if he was homesick after playing VFL for most of the year. He has been here for two years with little AFL game time, so I would understand his frustration and him considering and offer if a SA team was interested.

Having said all that, he is close with Grundy so I don't think he would be that homesick after being with one of his best mates but then again that is just an educated guess.

Dwyer has a good footy brain and is very handy around the forward 50 mtr arc.
His delivery to our forwards is normally very good.
He lowers his eyes instead of just bombing it long and high.
He also has very clean hands around the pack and seems to find space when needed.
His defensive side of his game sometimes goes wanting though.

Over all, I'm happy with the changes, because BK definately needs a full game, which he will get in the reserves.
Yeah I agree, but just feel we should be giving exposure to blokes like Kennedy over Dwyer.

Having said that I suspect he's dropped back to give him a full game after spending 2 weeks as the sub and will be back next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes me posting stuff so bad?:rolleyes:

No one thinks you posting is bad. He's saying it's silly to make the comment we are tanking when if we win we could be in the 8 by the end of the weekend. Don't overreact on the back of a selection decision. Fwiw I don't get how Kennedy goes from nearly BOG v GC, to the sub against Essendon and Adelaide. To then dropped. He must be naughty at training or not have done his homework. It annoys me but it doesn't mean I'm going to crack it and not go. I can't wait for 4:40 on Sunday. We're going to win.

Has apparently struggled for fitness post leg surgery. Another pre-season under his belt and I'd expect him to blossom.

I don't understand why you feel the need to post about it...

For the record, I hope you lose it all and go into financial ruin for it.
yes-it-was-sarcasm.jpg

He has started in one game, GC. He seemed to do well and his kicking problems were non existant. It seems that he struggles to get in a game off the bench, no surprise there as he has to get into the tempo and warm up.

Bucks is an idiot, he does not rate skills and x factor, just battlers and work horses.

Kennedy got dropped and Armstrong is in. I love this club so much but I am strongly re thinking about going to this game now.

WTF are we doing!!

Good luck to Tony though, I got nothing against the guy and he gets his crack. I hope he makes the most of it. Kennedy getting dropped has got me furious.

Totally agree. I've been twitter bombing Bucks about Kennedy all year. But then again, why would we want to give significant game time to a speedy, dynamic, goal kicking midfielder who is also uncompromising on his attack of the ball.

So furious over his treatment and now this dropping... Tell me if he was 6' would he be playing every game? Answer - yes.

He offers so much more than Blair too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back