Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In case anyone is interested, the Young Socceroos are playing the U/20 USA team right now. Aussie boys have beaten Bermuda and Chile in the previous 2 games.

Live stream on YouTube here:

0-0 after 20 mins.

Watched about 30 seconds and the first thing I saw was De Silva play a delightful long through ball. Kid definetely has talent.

Awer Mabil too, look at this free kick he scored from vs Chile!

http://on.fb.me/1r5NIUC
Cracking hit.

The young 'roos play with a bit of flair. It's good to see, there is some talent there, hopefully we get to see some of these guys at least in the A-league, not sure who most of these guys play for.

Should've stayed in Adelaide...... Nah shocking luck for the bloke

Good stuff with Kruse - hopefully can continue his comeback from injury and be fit and firing for the Asian Cup! Would be a huge boost to our chances of success!

Ange also issued a retraction statement yesterday about some comments he made regarding Newcastle's treatment of Good's injury. Frankly not surprised the club potentially threatened to take legal action. They did the same thing with local media :confused:

Josh Brillante has impressed in 90 minutes in a friendly for Fiorentina. He's impressed the manager and the media over there. Still only 21, hopefully we can see him get some minutes for the Socceroos soon. Could be another young and important part of the developing group through the Asian Cup and qualification campaign for the World Cup.

Chris Ikonomidis will be a Socceroo soon i reckon. Will be hopefully pushing for first team appearances with Lazio this season. He has scored a couple in their pre season friendlies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Halloran played (from what i can tell) a full game for Fortuna Dusseldoff in their 2-2 draw in the opening game of the 2. Bundesliga season.

Last edited:

Hope he can play if this move gets finalised. LB seems to be a bit of a problem for West Brom so he could potentially make the position his own and play week in, week out.

Ryan Edwards started for Reading in their opening game of the championship season. Subbed early in the second half i believe. Federici also started in goal.

Scotty Mac played for Milwall.

Trent Sainsbury played about half an hour for Zwolle before he was subbed off with an injury (got tackled on the ankle, shithouse tackle probably worth a red)

Neil Kilkenny played 61 mins for Preston.

Peter Skapetis started and scored in Stoke's friendly.

Cameron Burgess starting for Fulham as i write this. Young Aussie CB that could also play for Scotland (get on it Ange).

Just seen reports that Marko Marin might join Fiorentina. Don't know what the means for Josh Brilliante. I don't consider him an attacking midfielder but he seems to be playing in that position in pre season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back