AFL Autopsy def. by BLOODS KULCHA

Remove this Banner Ad

To lose by only 22 in Sydney when we were playing like absolute crap throughout pretty much the entire match isn't a bad effort on paper even though they are without Franklin.

Few Points:
  • Umpires. Just gonna leave it at that
  • Kieran Jack ducking his head and looking for a free kick at every opportunity
  • Goodes.
  • Forward line really struggled once again, we lacked direction and vision
  • Kick ins, I think we might have had 2 kick ins go to an uncontested player for a positive gain instead of sideways
  • Complete lack of run early for being a week fresher
  • Backline held up pretty well besides a few blues from our mids
  • Geez for all the talent and weapons Sydney have they play such a terrible style of play
  • We did not look to switch the play and open up the ground anywhere near enough, Carlton last night showed that this can be effective against such defense driven teams
  • Jerret needs a spell
  • Keep TBC in, he can only improve from here
  • Goddard out of it
  • Hurley's best game this year?
In the end, a win was not expected. There should be no excuse to not win our next 4 games and solidify our place in the 8.

Basically our poor disposal by foot cost us the game. Turnovers in the first half were (rightly) punished, Licker and Dempsey were the two stand outs when there was pretty much zero pressure on them.

We are crying out for Jobe's leadership, certainly would have been his kind of night CP's etc.
- J Merrett needs home truths, he is as soft as butter and rubbish defensively. Continue like this and it will be a very short career.
- Paddy, Hurley, Bags, Winders, Hooker (does he ever get beaten anymore?)were good.
- not a great night for either Dempsey or Colyer but they have speed which is something we desperately need.
- Mids still very one paced and defensively very poor (Hocking excluded)

I'm actually not that mad. To only go down by 3-4 goal when 3 men down from the 0 minute mark is not too bad.

That aside, it took us 20 minutes to wake up and that hurt us in the end.

A less dramatic version of the first time we played them this season.

Still, % kept relatively intact and if this team wants to play finals, should be losing no more than 1 game from here on, if any at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpiring was bad but can't blame that for our loss.

Best: Hurley, Ryder Myers

Bad:
Goddard looked lethargic.
Stanton is failing to stand up in Wataon absence. Stants doesn't do enough for an experienced midfielder
Winderlich suddenly lost ability to dispose of the footy efficiently tonight.

Bellchambers is our dilemma he had a bad game but he needs to be selected as it frees up Paddy to have more of an influence up forward. We need to persist with it

If Geelong demolish North then we could still get something out of the weekend, all is not lost.

I'm going to stop watching Essendon Sydney games. I simply want to knock everything and everyone out in my line of sight. It is infuriating. We were outplayed, but they bloody tried really hard. Too many missed tackles.

I'm shattered with the umpiring. It just doesn't seem right. How is it possible??

EVERY. SINGLE. FUC.KING.TIME.WE.PLAY.SYDNEY...CAMPAIGNERS.

Getting within 10points means Jack s**t. You simply can't give 25+ point leads to top 4 teams and expect to win.

When we stop doing that is when we Will threaten top 4.

That's where the game was lost, not umpires.. A top 4 team once they get a lead like the swans did they will 99% of the time be able to protect that lead.

I appreciate not blaming umpires and yes, we played quite average, BUT, when we've got all the momentum and Sydney are gifted free kicks all the way from defense to goal, then, I'm sorry, umpires are too blame.

Sydney's reputation as the AFL's golden child precedes them and they lived up to it tonight. Goodes' free in the last was a ******* travesty. If that was Joe Daniher, I can guarantee it would be play on.

The AFL can't have Sydney fail, it's worth too much to them. Another reason why people are leaving this game in droves. Sure, they might EVENTUALLY capture the Sydney prime time market, but at the cost of the rest of the country.

I wish I didn't love the EFC so much so I could give this game away.

Probably could have been a bit more involved but Z Merrett had another strong game. Being able to get games into he and Gleeson has been a big positive for this season

Zac was good, 8 tackles from a first year player is what we are after.

Not up to the standard of the top sides.

So hird should come back ASAP; we should backflip on not having him in the box. Get all the "distraction" out of people's systems over the off season instead of next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back