Summer Transfer Window

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollocks. Where'd you read that?
Weeks ago. Before the world cup I think.

Only the other day also said to expect it to take 3 months for the team to even gel.

Weeks ago. Before the world cup I think.

Only the other day also said to expect it to take 3 months for the team to even gel.
He has to lead them to auto UCL qualification this season. It's an absolute must. Given their worth, United's owners don't have the patience to approve a 2 year rebuild.

He has to lead them to auto UCL qualification this season. It's an absolute must. Given their worth, United's owners don't have the patience to approve a 2 year rebuild.
I agree. However I think he is playing it safe and being realistic.

CL is most certainly the goal.

What are peoples thoughts on Moreno? 18m apparently seems a little too much imo but if he was English he'd cost 30m I guess
A definite marquee.

Moreno deal isnt even done. Manquillo is a strange signing, cant even break into the Atletico first team, is still really young and joins on loan and sits in a queue behind Johnson, Flanno and Kelly at RB. Seems a strange move. He has played most his football in the Spanish 3rd division with Atletico's B side. Obviously BR see's something in him.

Moreno deal isnt even done. Manquillo is a strange signing, cant even break into the Atletico first team, is still really young and joins on loan and sits in a queue behind Johnson, Flanno and Kelly at RB. Seems a strange move. He has played most his football in the Spanish 3rd division with Atletico's B side. Obviously BR see's something in him.
As I said in the liverppol thread, this is a really narrow minded way of thinking about Manquillo.. wow really must be s**t if he can't break in a head of Juanfran... As you said obviously BR and our recruiters see something and it could just be clever business offering an opportunity to a talented player who needs one and won't get it where he is due to one of the better RB's being at the club he's at.

Bollocks. Where'd you read that?

Why wouldn't LVG say that? All he has to do is talk up the rebuild for a few seasons and collect his paycheck. No pressure at all post-Moyse. Most of his coaching in that first season will probably just involve whipping the spuds out.

As I said in the liverppol thread, this is a really narrow minded way of thinking about Manquillo.. wow really must be s**t if he can't break in a head of Juanfran... As you said obviously BR and our recruiters see something and it could just be clever business offering an opportunity to a talented player who needs one and won't get it where he is due to one of the better RB's being at the club he's at.
Not narrow minded. Just telling it like he is. I also never said he was s**t. Ive never seen the bloke play. I also have no issues with the deal. It's only a loan move anyways. Just saying that he has really no experience at the top level of football. Not sure how much he would even play for us. Cup games perhaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not narrow minded. Just telling it like he is. I also never said he was s**t. Ive never seen the bloke play. I also have no issues with the deal. It's only a loan move anyways. Just saying that he has really no experience at the top level of football. Not sure how much he would even play for us. Cup games perhaps.
well you did say it was a strange deal, and 'he can't even break into Atletico first team' but any signing like this is a bit of an unknown, will just have to see how it pans out but to me it seems like a pretty positive move. See the point about lack of first team experience but obviously the talent is there and he needs a chance to show it.

The Atletico team last season was better than Liverpool. Not sure that says much about him at all.

Wouldn't go that far.
Marquee will be our last signing of the window.

Marquee Mark?

002a0065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_00000065-06d4-0000-0000-000000000000_20130424224142_marky%20mark.jpg

We were getting linked to him a few weeks back SSF - apparently a pretty highly rated defensive prospect. Think he can play both CB and DM. Probably more one for the future for you guys I'd suspect.

We've signed Brede Hangeland on a free transfer with a one year deal!

Good signing for your mob Milang! Shrewd addition to the squad!

Seems like we are very close to getting young Argentine striker Facundo Ferreyra on loan from Shakhtar on a season's loan with a view to buy. Apparently him and a few other players are reluctant to return to the Ukraine with the current political climate.

We're also apparently back in for Remy - add both of these 2 guys to our squad and I'd be pretty pumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back