Review Round 19 - Sydney Swans vs Essendon - Match Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh no Derickx and Pyke cannot play in the same side period, also Derickx is out with a hamstring for a few weeks.

Pyke was huge tonight 50 hitouts played the complete game.
Was impressed with Pyke. Think he is finally getting some form. Just not sure with Reid atm.

Anyone can do a chopout.
Then Franklin in for Reid

Swans are the best team in the comp IMO and we were lucky to lose by 22 points. Also lucky that Buddy was out. We are definitely a middle of the road side and didn't lose anything by losing to Sydney in Sydney. Not really shameful.

But I'll be honest. Our autopsy threads haven't looked like this all year except the two games vs Sydney. Why would we complain about a 50 and 22 point loss vs the best team in the comp instead of a 5, 9 and 1 point loss vs Hawthorn, Geelong and Melbourne? Umpires haven't cost us the game at all, but it really makes it hard watching Sydney vs Essendon games. That is why we're frustrated.

So because you complained twice now its true? Or perhaps you are just full of crap twice as much v sydney

Worked his ass off up and down and no one would kick it to him

I said this last week about our side. Hff for us is the hardest position and hbf is the easiest. Our entire game plan is built upon clearing space for our tall forwards so the huff job is to lead to the ball not get honored and then pelt back to the drop of the ball where goodes or Tippett have either marked or brought the ball to ground. The. They have to chase out again because Tippett and goodes can't/ don't chase.

It is no wonder that no matter who plays in these positions - towers Rohan Lloyd Cunningham membrey - basically anyone than McGlynn is made to look second rate and is the first person proposed to be dropped. Because it is an impossible position in our game plan

My negative was hesitation and reluctance to push forward

To avoid a turnover clearly but it ends up costing us more

Thought we got a few unlucky bounces which halted our momentum going forward, Rohan backing himself went to bounce the ball and it went horribily McGlynn had a few as well.

Thought we were a bit hesistant to have a shot in our forward 50 always looking for that one handball to many.

So because you complained twice now its true? Or perhaps you are just full of crap twice as much v sydney
Look you're not going to change your mind, but I pointed out that there is a reason why we complain.

You said that we need to realise that we are a middle of the road side. Tonight, it proved that we are not good enough. 5 losses vs the current top 4 teams proves that. So why would I complain about 2 of our top 4 heaviest losses and not the close one's we have lost?

I just feel like Sydney vs Essendon games could be good games, but are completely killed off by the poor standard of umpiring. I'm not going to lie and tell you that it is favouring Essendon. I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy if the roles were reversed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look you're not going to change your mind, but I pointed out that there is a reason why we complain.

You said that we need to realise that we are a middle of the road side. Tonight, it proved that we are not good enough. 5 losses vs the current top 4 teams proves that. So why would I complain about 2 of our top 4 heaviest losses and not the close one's we have lost?

I just feel like Sydney vs Essendon games could be good games, but are completely killed off by the poor standard of umpiring. I'm not going to lie and tell you that it is favouring Essendon. I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy if the roles were reversed.

You are being reasonable which i respect i just disagree

If one team takes the opponent high it cant be ignored for game flow your side isnt disciplined just my opinion

I never got the sooking last game either

But we wont ever agree it doesnt matter just on different sides

Yeah when you lose and the count is massive or ur giving away frees its frustrating

But moan on your own board surely?

Rohan defended awesome tonight , his work of the ball aw very good. Confidence will rise with games

Confident in his body too i think threw himself everywhere

Laidler in trouble perhaps

Shaw was good i thought first game back

Not exactly the most exciting game, but we were never really threatened, even without Buddy. I hope his knee soreness recovers in time for next Saturday.

You are being reasonable which i respect i just disagree

If one team takes the opponent high it cant be ignored for game flow your side isnt disciplined just my opinion

I never got the sooking last game either

But we wont ever agree it doesnt matter just on different sides

Yeah when you lose and the count is massive or ur giving away frees its frustrating

But moan on your own board surely?
Came on to comment about the game and that Sydney were the better team etc, but I thought your comment was a bit harsh considering the way the game panned out. The frustration is justified.

Anyways, I think 2014 is Sydney's year and please beat the Hawks if you happen to meet in the finals. Preferably by a point :)

Anyways, I think 2014 is Sydney's year and please beat the Hawks if you happen to meet in the finals. Preferably by a point :)
buddy can kick it after the siren after Lake gives away a free ;)

Came on to comment about the game and that Sydney were the better team etc, but I thought your comment was a bit harsh considering the way the game panned out.

Yeh didnt mean go away or nick off meant more id just whinge on my board

I saw the dons board whinging and thought wont bother

Thats more what i mean

Yeah my comment was also more for a swans audience too realise you are mediocre wasnt meant for essendon fan viewing if that makes any sense

buddy can kick it after the siren after Lake gives away a free ;)
Ohhh that would actually be perfect. I would camp outside the Hawks board, laughing and eating something sweet to heighten the experience of enjoyment that I would feel and make the tears more delicious. Even better if it was the grand final.

- Midfield down on their mojo again this week. Need to win those centre clearances again.
- Membrey worked his absolute butt off with his leading but was blatantly ignored multiple times. Wish we got to see his insanely beautiful kicking for goal.
- Grundy was absolutely brilliant on Carlisle. Body on body held his own.
- Great to see Gary Rohan starting to find his niche in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back