No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like a contagious disease. Darcy was an intelligent articulate and insightful footballer when he spent some time in the box while recovering from his knee. Now he is just a platitude machine.

Almost without exception, I subscribe to the theory that most retired AFL footballers in the media were bloody good at football, but doing media is a bit like asking Stephen Hawkings to throw knives at a moving target.

You see that a lot, and not just in football. I love the interviewers who ask a question, then start nodding before the interviewee has said a word. Annoying habit the have, they're like those nodding dogs that people put at the back window on their cars.

Jude is exactly like that. Perfect description.

He has been very ordinary this year, he can stay where he is as far as I'm concerned.

He might not have played great tonight but his season to date has been pretty good. Only 24 and plenty of upside left still. He would flourish playing in a better team like the Hawks.

I don't think he's been that bad this year at all. Only 24 and plenty of upside left still. He would flourish playing in a better team.

He would be well down on my list of preferences, think he is a good player but we have plenty like him as it is and I doubt he would come cheap.

Almost without exception, I subscribe to the theory that most retired AFL footballers in the media were bloody good at football, but doing media is a bit like asking Stephen Hawkings to throw knives at a moving target.

Jude is exactly like that. Perfect description.
I like richo and ling but already I can hear richo succumbing to the banality of clichéd commentary practiced by his peers. He actually said 'that is player x at his absolute best'. Honestly wondered if he had subbed out for Darcy.

Looks like zaha did his knee with the last kick of the game, one player i legitimately hope is ok.

I saw that. A pull down and back from behind. Like the scum did to youngy in the 08 gf. Much worse than an in the back. Which sniper did that ?

Just had to nip out and heard on SEN that they played badly against hawthorn and were only down a few points, they have a "level they can go to and no one can go with them". Also lots of latitude given for the six day break

Didnt see much level tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You see that a lot, and not just in football. I love the interviewers who ask a question, then start nodding before the interviewee has said a word. Annoying habit the have, they're like those nodding dogs that people put at the back window on their cars.
They could get a job through the week standing behind politicians during media interviews.

Well, that was an enthralling game of scrum ball. Well done $wans, you almost hit 80 points. What an exhibition of our great game. Wheres my sarcasm font gone??

How was that HUGE bomb from Myers. Had to be 45 out at least :p

Just had to nip out and heard on SEN that they played badly against hawthorn and were only down a few points, they have a "level they can go to and no one can go with them". Also lots of latitude given for the six day break

Didnt see much level tonight

Hmmm, so they played badly against us, but have another level to go too. Shame we didn't allow them to go to that level last week, but I guess that's just them playing bad, not us playing a beautifully planned game where we actually used players to shut down their good players. Crazy stuff.

Hmmm, so they played badly against us, but have another level to go too. Shame we didn't allow them to go to that level last week, but I guess that's just them playing bad, not us playing a beautifully planned game where we actually used players to shut down their good players. Crazy stuff.

Any reason they didnt go to this other level last night? Or maybe that WAS it?
Now that 'the truck' has retired maybe Tippet should become the "Tip Truck". Such a slow moving, slow turning, leviathan.

Any reason they didnt go to this other level last night? Or maybe that WAS it?
Now that 'the truck' has retired maybe Tippet should become the "Tip Truck". Such a slow moving, slow turning, leviathan.

They are probably hiding it from everyone, keeping it in one of those little glass cases 'Break in case of emergency', then they all just run out and destroy everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back