Unofficial Preview Changes Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anybody honestly think Adams will start sub in his 100th? I'm skeptical.

I'm loathe to criticize Black too much because our ultra-conservative, control the ball, let the opposition set up does forwards no justice. Unfortunately Black suffers the most due to his lack of contested marking ability.

Agree with whoever it was; shouldn't be pigeon-holing Wood as a third-tall, definitely think he would be more than handy on the wing.

That was I.

He can play both positions.

Making wholesale changes at this point with the injury list we have, would have been cutting our nose to spite our face.

Especially given we tend to knock off good teams after a poor loss. If you played the percentages, you wouldn't make one change at all on exposed form (as pathetic as that dynamic is).

I mean who do we have to bring in against a match hardened Geelong? McKenzie, Anthony? Please.

Wood must have been close, but debuting him against a team like Geelong is less than ideal. Mackie would tear him a new one and smack us the other way.

Having said that, he should have debuted earlier in the year.

For this year, we are in this bed for better or worse and I just hope the inclusion of Wells, JMac and Grima over the coming weeks, goes a way to improving our consistency and allows the exit door to be opened for the likes of Adams and others.

Making wholesale changes at this point with the injury list we have, would have been cutting our nose to spite our face.

Especially given we tend to knock off good teams after a poor loss. If you played the percentages, you wouldn't make one change at all on exposed form (as pathetic as that dynamic is).

I mean who do we have to bring in against a match hardened Geelong? McKenzie, Anthony? Please.

Wood must have been close, but debuting him against a team like Geelong is less than ideal. Mackie would tear him a new one and smack us the other way.

Having said that, he should have debuted earlier in the year.

For this year, we are in this bed for better or worse and I just hope the inclusion of Wells, JMac and Grima over the coming weeks, goes a way to improving our consistency and allows the exit door to be opened for the likes of Adams and others.

We are too scared of debuting young players against good sides.

Are we?

Would have thought we need to keep winning to get there.

We are just as likely to win the next 5 as we are to lose the next 5. Especially now know that teams now they can control the game if they hold the ball around HB (just like round 1), use all their loose men we don't match up on, play chip-chip-chip and wait for an option to exploit how lazy we can be.
Yes - lock it in

How have you come to that conclusion?

He might yes, or Mackie might be shown up by a younger player who runs him off his legs and has a blinder etc. Who knows?

Fact is none of us know for sure because he continues to be ignored despite players in the 1s being as useful as **** on a bull.

Not wrong, it's not like he has the yips or anything, when there is more time for his man to get to him it's like he gets out hustled or taken to ground too easily

There was also some talk about Black having a subluxed shoulder which would make it painful to lay/break tackles or contest the footy in the way that we know he is capable. I reckon he was odds on to be dropped for Wood before Mason injured himself. They've just had to persevere since.

I've also been interested in the comments this week from both Mason and Brad about where he's at. Mason acknowledged that he had to work harder on the defensive side of his game and Brad suggested that he was close but still had some things to work on before he was at AFL standard.

Seems to me that they're both on the same page and that we supporters/members are simply being overly hopeful due to the poor form/injury status of the best 22.

How have you come to that conclusion?

He might yes, or Mackie might be shown up by a younger player who runs him off his legs and has a blinder etc. Who knows?

Fact is none of us know for sure because he continues to be ignored despite players in the 1s being as useful as **** on a bull.

I think he should have been played from early in the year by the way.

But the likelihood of what you suggested could happen, happening over what I suggested would be slim and that is not Mason's fault.

Brad's softness earlier in the year has lead us to this.

Wood is a pretty major structural shift, that was probably weighed up and agreed at this point a bit risky considering we are 6th and have a 22 that tends to win every second week playing how we do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus people are up in arms here, people need to stop thinking they're AFL coaches and realize they're just forum hounds. The selection panel picked the 22 that he believes will get us over the line, let's have faith in that and stop banging on about guys like Dumont and Wood who the club believes aren't quite ready. Have a little faith.
When will they be ready then? When they're a year older?

When you play consitenty good footy, footy that sees you named in the best weekly, then you are ready. What are we waiting for then? Are we waiting for our consistently worst performers to play even worse than they are now?

It's just playing it safe, and that's why we haven't made it to the business end under Scott. Last two years we looked dangerous to do that due to our high risk strategy but we've flipped it around and float, when we could have had a shot.

There is a bit of a whisper Kelly might not play on Saturday. Not sure how true that is.

Haven't heard that whisper over the constant shouting about how great it will be for him to play his 250th game this week.

This is the bloke who thinks *hird is as pure as driven snow. He knows nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back