Worst stadium you have ever been to watch the footy and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to say it's the worst.
But having now experienced Adelaide Oval.
The MCG is average in comparison.
Oversized, ugly monstrosity, no atmosphere unless there's 60+ thousand.
Average viewing angles (compared to AO)
Food, alcohol and toilets further away from the seats than at AO.

At least they have a siren you can hear (well, that, or the Carlton fans are that quiet and can't drown out a siren like Crows fans can)
tumblr_lwsasdqelX1qht847.jpg

I'm not going to say it's the worst.
But having now experienced Adelaide Oval.
The MCG is average in comparison.
Oversized, ugly monstrosity, no atmosphere unless there's 60+ thousand.
Average viewing angles (compared to AO)
Food, alcohol and toilets further away from the seats than at AO.

At least they have a siren you can hear (well, that, or the Carlton fans are that quiet and can't drown out a siren like Crows fans can)
Troll?

Nonetheless, we'll see how the atmosphere is when the novelty of having nice things in Adelaide wears off and one of the sides is travelling so poorly that they pull a Melbourne-esque crowd of 20,000 ;)

I remember the MCG absolutely buzzing at ~ 20,000 Melbourne crowds when we had the massive comeback vs Fremantle and also a very close win vs Brisbane at a similar time.

You definitely do not need 60k to have a good atmosphere. I've been to a 90k+ final Geelong vs Collingwood which had less of an atmosphere than those aforementioned Melbourne games, because it was much less of a contest.

Spotless Stadium at Olympic Park is fantastic. Despite not having a big crowd usually the atmosphere is decent.

Best stadium food in the country. Subway, Wok Thai, Kebabs, Hot Dogs. Bloody fantastic. Much more variety than any other ground.

Spotless Stadium at Olympic Park is fantastic. Despite not having a big crowd usually the atmosphere is decent.

Best stadium food in the country. Subway, Wok Thai, Kebabs, Hot Dogs. Bloody fantastic. Much more variety than any other ground.
Subway? Eh, AAMI Stadium sold them if you knew where to look.

Hot Dogs? Eh, Adelaide Oval's are better.
Wok Thai? Ill raise you an indian restaurant
Kebabs? Ill raise you squid.

Love Adelaide oval (except for the time it takes to get beer, the price of alcohol and the crap food) BUT MCG is numero uno

Love Adelaide oval (except for the time it takes to get beer, the price of alcohol and the crap food) BUT MCG is numero uno
Geeze, what do you want? beer waiting for you so you can get it in less than 5 seconds?
Because when I shoot down at all the breaks I have zero problem, in and out within 30 seconds.
The line at the MCG on Sunday was 3x as long as the LONGEST I've ever seen at Adelaide Oval. When I get beer at 1/4 time at AO, I'm back in my seat before the teams break their huddle. Do the same at the MCG, and I'm not even back to my seat by the time play resumes.
And WTF is your problem with the price? It's the same ****ing price as the MCG
Crap food? It's the best food I've had in a stadium and I've eaten at the MCG, SCG, Stadium Australia and even the Emirates in London.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly most WA fans have never crossed the country to watch a game of footy if Subi and the WACA make the list.

Waverley was awful, out in the middle of downtown nowhere Mulgrave. Cold. Hideous. Needed binoculars from just about any seat in the place and you were at serious risk of losing a finger to the elements.
Vic Park - shithole and the crowd .... yeah.
Moorabbin - shithole
Arden Street - positively ancient looking, tiny and as a stadium (not the oval), and I use that loosely, was a weird shape. I'd have liked to see the elephant tho'.
Western Oval - every single game was a wind and rain affected schamozzle, the ground was a dumb shape - ugly and third world, had atmosphere but it needed it to distract you from how god awful the place and game was. You'd actually turn to drugs.

plus the wait time to line up to get the food or beer wouldn't be so large either;):p

Exactly. Best stadium in the country.
and lots of seats to choose from:D. but it does look like a nice stadium on the tv. it reminds me of metricon stadium, i have been there a few times and its a great stadium

A toss up between Western Oval and Arben Street followed closely by Victoria Park and Moorabbin

Fitzroys ground at Brunswick Street was very ordinary for a VFL ground.

Clearly most WA fans have never crossed the country to watch a game of footy if Subi and the WACA make the list.

Waverley was awful, out in the middle of downtown nowhere Mulgrave. Cold. Hideous. Needed binoculars from just about any seat in the place and you were at serious risk of losing a finger to the elements.
Vic Park - shithole and the crowd .... yeah.
Moorabbin - shithole
Arden Street - positively ancient looking, tiny and as a stadium (not the oval), and I use that loosely, was a weird shape. I'd have liked to see the elephant tho'.
Western Oval - every single game was a wind and rain affected schamozzle, the ground was a dumb shape - ugly and third world, had atmosphere but it needed it to distract you from how god awful the place and game was. You'd actually turn to drugs.
unfair to compare a stadium to old surbaban ground.
waverley was an utter s**t hole, the AFL built it in the SE of Melbourne where most people live and that train line from glen waverley was meant to have been extended out that way to rowville, but never was
so its the location and stadium design that made waverley so crap, little cover, seats so far back and people would always get bogged in the carpark. but on the flip side they did have pizza hut at the ground, no other ground ever did.

looking back at it, all of the club grounds where pretty grap, but that what was acceptable at the time since then they have become very dated, when you look at video or pictures of them.

having been to, Windy hill, princess park, Moorabbin, old Kardinia park(geelong), vic park, western oval, they where all much the same, lack of facilities, big ques for the toilets, bars & food stalls

I've only been to the Gabba, Metricon, MCG, and Etihad - all of which have been great. I keep reading horror stories about Subi, and it's really putting me off heading over to Perth for a GC game any time soon... Surely it's got to be a good 'once off' experience, right?!

I've only been to the Gabba, Metricon, MCG, and Etihad - all of which have been great. I keep reading horror stories about Subi, and it's really putting me off heading over to Perth for a GC game any time soon... Surely it's got to be a good 'once off' experience, right?!

Ever been on a flight where you had the middle seat and beside you are two rather largely bodied people, and by and for large, you can barely move for several hours? That's Subiaco oval.

Ridiculous prices for crap food and drinks, rabid (especially West Coast) supporters who think every tackle by them is holding the ball, every knock out of bounds by the opposition is deliberate, basic facilities (and 20 minute queues to boot because they cant cater for the crowd) that feel like they are from the 70's... Do I need to go on?

Wait four years, I cannot fathom how people enjoy going to that hellhole every week, is bad enough going to the Swans game once a year.

Melburnians complain about Etihad Stadium. Was a delight to watch football in a modern, comfortable football stadium when I went there a few weeks back. If they went to Subiaco, they would never complain about Etihad again.

you can buy a Kebab at the Stadium?
that's the best Stadium in Australia right there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back