News Adelaide Oval Redevelopment - Thunderbirds Are Go

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows games aren't having much of an effect on the North Adelaide trade. I am currently sitting in the Ox for an after work beer and I am literally the only customer. There are at least three bar staff and, hilariously, a security guy. It's 11:30 on a Friday night. :confused:

You expect anything less from the campaigners who cried that they couldn't have their barbeques any more? The majority of Crows fans don't have money.

Next game for us is the Friday night game against Caaaaaaaaaarlton. We are on the Gold Coast the week before, seeing us smash it for a top two spot. My daughter is dissapoint that Crabblet isnt playing.

I told her you get what you get with footy.

Next game for us is the Friday night game against Caaaaaaaaaarlton. We are on the Gold Coast the week before, seeing us smash it for a top two spot. My daughter is dissapoint that Crabblet isnt playing.

I told her you get what you get with footy.
I hope to bloody God we're honouring 1914 in that match!

Was mentioned on the coverage last night that Adelaide Oval now has an equal number of 50,000+ AFL attendances compared with Footy Park over its entire history!

A great effort - the moved has been embraced by both supporter bases, finally getting to enjoy a game in a decent stadium.

...Now if only we could make more profit from it than the 20cent piece we found on the ground and the leftover cold pie crumbs from Whicker's overpriced cardboard food outlets.

Crows games aren't having much of an effect on the North Adelaide trade. I am currently sitting in the Ox for an after work beer and I am literally the only customer. There are at least three bar staff and, hilariously, a security guy. It's 11:30 on a Friday night. :confused:

It wasn't Bingo night.

Its good to see people wandering the East End carrying footballs

First game this year where kiosks have been shut the whole match. Eastern stand level 5 next to bay 541. SMA starting to feel the pinch?

Has anyone else walked straight into one of the turnstiles when shuffling out of the southern plaza or I am the only one with tunnel vision?

Kochie at a leadership lunch at the MCG today.

Link
"The previous stadium deal at AAMI broke Port Adelaide … Port Adelaide would not be around today if AAMI Stadium and that agreement had continued," he said. ....

"South Australian tax payers have put a lot of money into Adelaide Oval to support the two AFL clubs, and to get a best practice stadium deal." ...

Olsen and Wee Licker act as if the SNAFL put the money in for the redevelopment of AO.

Link

Olsen and Wee Licker act as if the SNAFL put the money in for the redevelopment of AO.
I heard on AA tonight the government will be buying the swamp at west lakes. Fingers crossed the government has realised they stuffed up giving the $ANFL too much control at AO and said we'll buy your swamp of you * off the SMA.

Yes I listen to 5aa.

Link

From the article:

Port Adelaide has enjoyed a spike in its average crowd, from 27,035 in 2013 to 34,711 after the highly successful move to Adelaide Oval, with fans flocking to the new venue.

Well that's not quite right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club members buck trend of declining attendances
.... The presence of Adelaide Oval has been a boon for Adelaide and Port Adelaide, which have both rocketed past 55,000 members.
Those numbers are still to be confirmed, though, with Adelaide Oval management undertaking their own internal audit of membership numbers. .....
Why on earth would the SMA be interested in auditing our membership numbers? o_O

Do they believe they are somehow missing out on some revenue?

They want to confirm which club the SMA members support so they can lower our numbers.
I wouldn't put that past them but the way I read it they are auditing club memberships not Adelaide Oval football memberships.

Why would the PAFC even give the SMA access to club membership details?

They want to confirm which club the SMA members support so they can lower our numbers.

Wouldn't that work in our favour when negotiating with the SMA though?

Club members buck trend of declining attendances

Why on earth would the SMA be interested in auditing our membership numbers? o_O

Do they believe they are somehow missing out on some revenue?

My understanding is that's it driven by the AFL. At Footy Park the old Category 1 members would pay say about $450 in 2013 and the clubs would get $138 each from those fees for an adult member- ie the amount set by the AFL as the Club11 season ticket ie the minimum price clubs could charge for an adult 11 home game ticket/membership. The $138 was the amount the AFL would pay a club when an AFL member ticketed a Club Support box with their membership. The same happened for concession and junior memberships. And both SA clubs counted these Cat 1 individuals in their membership numbers and the AFL was happy with that double counting. Both clubs would get GF ticket allocations based on those double counted memberships up to an including 2007 GF if they were a competing club in the GF.

I have not had it confirmed, but my belief is that the 8,000 AOSMA Football members membership fees, stay 100% with the SANFL - they probably pay an admin fee to the SMA - but they don't make a $138 distribution to the clubs like at Footy Park.

I wouldn't be surprised if its a compromise deal ie that the memberships will be allocated to the club who the individual supports. I don't think AOSMA football members have any rights to GF tickets like the old Category 1 members at Footy Park had if either SA side made the GF.

My guess is that its a 5,000 crows to 3,000 Port split.

You're talking about AO Football Memberships though, not PAFC memberships as the article suggests are being audited by the SMA.

Read between the lines - 8,000 AO Football Memberships are included in Port Adelaide's total therefore you have the dual position that they are auditing their memberships and a part of Port's memberships. If you want to be so literal, it doesn't say the SMA are auditing 100% of Port's memberships.

Who is going to the Stones concert Saturday week on the 25th?? I am interested to hear feed back about the sound quality both out on the grass area as well as the stands where the PA system will be tested. Looks like about 20% of the eastern stand seats wont be used.

141013_RollingStones_runsheet.png

Who is going to the Stones concert Saturday week on the 25th?? I am interested to hear feed back about the sound quality both out on the grass area as well as the stands where the PA system will be tested. Looks like about 20% of the eastern stand seats wont be used.

141013_RollingStones_runsheet.png
They won't be using the Stadium PA, it'll be massive speaker bays set up as part of the stage/equipment bump-in. Sound quality should be fine.
fatabuloso-nexo-geo-t-allstate-arena-low.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back