Food, Drink & Dining Out Happy International Beer Day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as the bar for starting a thread today has been set pretty low. Happy International Beer Day y'all.
503.jpg

Cheers.

Brilliant documentary on how beer was invented.

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited:
My international beer of choice.

SuperBock.png

A pale lager from Portugal that has won a heap of international awards and is the best lager I've drunk, a pity it's so hard to find outside of Portugal.

Everyone I know that's been to Portugal raved about it, I did a van tour through Portugal and there was a van full of Aussie blokes at our campground in Lagos that had covered their whole van in Super Bock stickers they loved it so much.

English football supporters even made up a chant about it when they travelled there for games.

This beer has a cult status among English football supporters; many discovered it during the UEFA Euro 2004 championship in Portugal. However, its history with the supporters of Manchester United goes back into the early 1990s thanks to games against the likes of F.C. Porto in the UEFA Champions League and Boavista F.C. in the 2001–02 UEFA Champions League. The fondness for "Bock" has even developed a chant for trips over in Portugal – "Super Bock, superstar, gets you more pissed than Stella Artois".

Belgian beers like Leffe, Westmalle and Hoegaarden are all top quality too.

My favourite Australian beers would be these two.

cascade-premium-21355288.jpg

littleCreatures_paleAle_lrg.png

Both go down nicely on a hot summers day.

man i didn't have a beer last friday. about the first friday in three or four months that would have happened too.

soniamdissapoint.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gimme a bourbon and coke any day
I do prefer Bourbon if I plan on having more than a couple but if you've been out in the sun all day and have got a sweat on, there is nothing on Earth better than that first beer after work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back