Nostradamus Lives Tom Boyd Wants Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he interested in leaving?

Not sure on that, I don't think so, is close to signing a new contract and I think we are keen on keeping him. But the three teams are very interested, so not sure.

Is he interested in leaving?
He's not. But if we get Boyd, I can imagine the club trading him if we get offered overs. We tried to trade him to Brisbane last year. Levi would like to stay but as he's out if contract who knows.

Swans would want the first round pick for Mitchell so it's hard to see how a Carlton would get both.
There are a number of quality players who would be the equivalent of a first rd pick that are up for trade for us (ie trade bait). For example if Sydney lost Malceski, maybe they'd like walker?

There are a number of quality players who would be the equivalent of a first rd pick that are up for trade for us (ie trade bait). For example if Sydney lost Malceski, maybe they'd like walker?

Who would be worth a first round pick at Carlton that is on the trade table?

Who would be worth a first round pick at Carlton that is on the trade table?
Walker would be a mid to late first rd.
For a club with no tall forwards, you never know what they'd pay for Levi. I mean Dawes got Collingwood a first.
There's speculation Kreuzer might be & if his foot holds up he is worth a first at his best. If Hampson gets you a second, Kreuzer gets you a first.

There are 5 untouchables - Hendo, Gibbs, Murphy, Cripps & Menz.
Apart from that the rest are up for sale for the right price.

I doubt anyone would give up a 1st Round pick for Kruezer now. Too much mystery with how his foot/ankle are. He just needs to return to playing without any pressure and see if he hold up.

Sydney have Pyke, Naismith, Nankervis & the fellow from Richmond. Their first pick will be allocated to Heeney so it would have to be a straight swap.

I doubt anyone would give up a 1st Round pick for Kruezer now. Too much mystery with how his foot/ankle are. He just needs to return to playing without any pressure and see if he hold up.

Sydney have Pyke, Naismith, Nankervis & the fellow from Richmond. Their first pick will be allocated to Heeney so it would have to be a straight swap.
Lucky to get a second rounder he's worthless IMO.

You let Betts go for Daisy, stranger things have happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You let Betts go for Daisy, stranger things have happened.

Betts was "just" a small forward though with who could handle minimal rotations through the midfield. Yarran is a damn classy wingman who can play all over the ground, an excellent kick and has a brilliant footy brain with pace to spare. Just needs to build the tank a little more.

He is in the 'highly unlikely' category.

I guess I'll have to live with that. Hypothetically, if GWS said "Yarran for Boyd or no deal" it'd be a very difficult decision to make. Well for me it would be.

If GWS said Yarran and a 2nd Round pick for Boyd and Carlton knocked it back, there would be a riot in Lygon St.

Yeh nah. Unless you could cure Eddie's dad's illness, Eddie had decided he was gone in January 2013. But good try.
Can you post a link to this? Seems the 4 million might have been the real reason.

Betts was "just" a small forward though with who could handle minimal rotations through the midfield. Yarran is a damn classy wingman who can play all over the ground, an excellent kick and has a brilliant footy brain with pace to spare. Just needs to build the tank a little more.

I guess I'll have to live with that. Hypothetically, if GWS said "Yarran for Boyd or no deal" it'd be a very difficult decision to make. Well for me it would be.

You significantly overrate Yarran.

That's what he shows three games out of 22.

The remainder he is either in and out of games or completely missing.

Marcus Bontempelli in one season has almost shown as much as Yarran in five. Which is not talking up Bonts as much as it's an indictment on Yarran's waste to date.

If you seriously think Yarran = last year's number one pick - sorry mate, but you're dreaming. He's a slight upgrade on Shaun Higgins, not much more.

You significantly overrate Yarran.

That's what he shows three games out of 22.

The remainder he is either in and out of games or completely missing.

Marcus Bontempelli in one season has almost shown as much as Yarran in five. Which is not talking up Bonts as much as it's an indictment on Yarran's waste to date.

If you seriously think Yarran = last year's number one pick - sorry mate, but you're dreaming. He's a slight upgrade on Shaun Higgins, not much more.

Have a cry because you cant lure any quality key forwards :thumbsu: I like Yarran, so I said it'd be a hard decision for me to make. This is probably going to upset you even further, but I have absolutely nothing to do with Carlton's list management so I wasnt expressing a fact, just my opinion.

I also really like Kreuzer and would be gutted if he was traded. Doesnt matter who for, I like him and I want to see him get his body right and finish up with a great career at Carlton. Doesnt mean its gonna happen.

Have a cry because you cant lure any quality key forwards :thumbsu: I like Yarran, so I said it'd be a hard decision for me to make. This is probably going to upset you even further, but I have absolutely nothing to do with Carlton's list management so I wasnt expressing a fact, just my opinion.

I also really like Kreuzer and would be gutted if he was traded. Doesnt matter who for, I like him and I want to see him get his body right and finish up with a great career at Carlton. Doesnt mean its gonna happen.

Settle down cocko. The question had nothing to do with the Bulldogs. Or Kreuzer.

It was about you equating Yarran with last year's number one pick, who is likely to be a gun. Which Yarran is not.

You may not realise, but your love for Yarran won't be a deciding factor in GWS' willingness to give up a number one pick for him.

Which is an absolutely laughable proposition.

And since you raised Kreuzer's name. He's worth a late second rounder at best himself.

Settle down cocko. The question had nothing to do with the Bulldogs. Or Kreuzer.

It was about you equating Yarran with last year's number one pick, who is likely to be a gun. Which Yarran is not.

You may not realise, but your love for Yarran won't be a deciding factor in GWS' willingness to give up a number one pick for him.

Which is an absolutely laughable proposition.

And since you raised Kreuzer's name. He's worth a late second rounder at best himself.

You're just upset because the inside word is he is interested in Carlton. Its a wants vs needs comparison, Yarran has amongst the cleanest inside 50s for Carlton this year and was leading our tally comfortably until his hamstring. Yarran is a bonafide playmaker who has run and carry. If you dont rate him its because you havent seen him lately. Im sure the GWS forwards would appreciate his entries. Yarran plus a sweetener would almost assuredly get the deal done.

But it cant all be bad for the doggies though, Im sure theres another 30+ year old forward looking for a retirement package from Footscray :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back