AFL Autopsy def. by BLOODS KULCHA

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to read it wasn't just me switching off, I just cannot watch those types of games anymore, I hear this morning we were apparently trying to tie up the game much like the Hawks did last week & then there's other factors such as the wind, that joke of a footy ground, that several of our players were playing like busted's early, umpires (didn't watch long enough to make comment on the umps), but I would rather they open the game up & get flogged by 10 goals than have to watch that s**t last night that was masquerading as football.

I don't mind if the game ties up around the ball when the ground is big enough that when it breaks that leads to more space.... seeing more players are in the one area. However, the SCG didn't allow that at all.

Also Essendon has looked better with Colyer finding form and Myers + Heppell stepping up some more ... however, until Hibberd and Watson get back with some touch we're an ordinary side. Melk playing ahead of J Merrett this year is probably important.

I only caught the second and last quarter on tv. Was the umpiring so bad throughout that it actually cost us the game?

Why is costing a team a game the only context in which we can discuss umpiring?

We pay (something that gets so easily forgotten) to watch games on a level playing field and week in, week out these campaigners deny us that right (and it is a right) through either sheer, earth-shattering incompetence, or something worse.

Regardless of how any of the four teams have played so far, in the two games so far we have not received the product we are entitled to.

Live In Sydney. If they make the grand final I will have to leave the state to watch the game. Could not stand watching a game, again where their fans still refer to them as the bloods! With all their supporters coming from bondi and mosman... Plus not to mention a few of their players and contracts. Was at the game didn't think we played badly for the last three quarters.
Swans fans leaving ten minutes before the siren to avoid the traffic was funny. I think the feel like going to the footy is a new trend... As long as they get seen there is all that matters!!!

honestly f**k the swans !!!!

Live In Sydney. If they make the grand final I will have to leave the state to watch the game. Could not stand watching a game, again where their fans still refer to them as the bloods! With all their supporters coming from bondi and mosman... Plus not to mention a few of their players and contracts. Was at the game didn't think we played badly for the last three quarters.
Swans fans leaving ten minutes before the siren to avoid the traffic was funny. I think the feel like going to the footy is a new trend... As long as they get seen there is all that matters!!!

The only "blood" that's associated with Sydney anymore is the lifeblood they're sucking out of the competition.

would it be inconceivable that the 'sell out' was due to some underfunding freebies handed out in the 48 hours prior to kickoff

If only Colyer took that mark in the 50 when we were within 10 pts...
But as Bomber said, it's not that bad losing to Sydney at their shite SCG. We just gotta keep learning and adjust to the tempo from the get go against the better teams.
Don't want to see TBC next week but he is important to the structure

Last edited:
A damning stat I heard in the last 24 hours

We average 100 marks a game - we win

We took 54 last night - we lost

High possession side and we weren't afforded the space to do any damage.
Yet again, our high possession style is picked apart by good opposition.

They outran us and we made too many basic mistakes.. and if we tried to get on par.. the umpires would award 7 free kicks in a row to make sure the result was out of reach.

s**t game that is best forgotten.. and I will again mention we are a boring, boring and boring side to watch this year.. bar a few highlights. A big factor in crowds surely.. I love my bombers to pieces but it hard to watch that slop..

On a side note, bit of derp from Bomber last night...
BZraIYb.jpg

Perhaps Daniher being out, and Carlisle doing well, caused the attention to pile on Carlisle, as it did.

Bellchambers just wasn't up to it.

I can't help feeling that switching Carlisle and Hurley is needed in some games. In that last quarter, when Hurley went forward, marked it and kicked a goal, late in the game, it felt a little better against Sydney.

I don't think we are that far off Sydney.
A couple of bad mistakes early on, eg Winderlich. Some lucky goals to Sydney eg McGlynn. Some questionable decisions eg the Goodes flop. Could've been alot closer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard pathetic for a senior player.
Ryder is a beast. Top 5 B&F easily.

Isn't Goddard under an injury cloud?

Ryder is a serious chance for the Crichton this year - I'd say this is his most consistent season ever.

s**t game that is best forgotten.. and I will again mention we are a boring, boring and boring side to watch this year.. bar a few highlights. A big factor in crowds surely.. I love my bombers to pieces but it hard to watch that slop..

Given our crowds have barely changed since last year, I don't think so.

or

The AFL stand true to there word and not pay free kicks for players that lead with there head.
In a perfect world they would...until then we need our mids to get in as hard and low as Parker, Jack, McVeigh, Bird, Hannebury, McGlynn et al.

Hep and Jobe (maybe Buddha) are the only ones who do it consistently.

Phark I would kill to have McVeigh the younger at Essendon....great leader, cleanest ball handling and disposal going around, hard at the ball and man, unbelievable decision maker and gut runs till he drops. Complete player.

Phark I would kill to have McVeigh the younger at Essendon....great leader, cleanest ball handling and disposal going around, hard at the ball and man, unbelievable decision maker and gut runs till he drops. Complete player.

He is one of the most underrated players of the last decade.

He is highly regarded but he should be considered on par with the likes of Brownlow medalists and other elite players.

Okay, how about Myers blazing out of defence about 2 minutes later, resulting in a McGlynn goal? Or Hooker manhandling Tippett in the first quarter? Dempsey kicking straight into Goodes' lap in the first? There are countless ways we played dumb football last night so to blame the umpires is just stupid. Sydney were in front the entire game, to win games of football you need to be in front at some point in time.

Remember how we laughed at Adelaide fans about blaming the umps earlier in the season?
So we were poor so that makes the umpires good? Good work eth. Well done on completely going off topic. Brilliant as always.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back