2nds Collingwood vs Box Hill Hawks - Vic Park - 1pm Saturday (not TV game, some radio coverage)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win. Radio guys gave votes:
3 Bally BOG
2 Young
1 Kenno

How did Gault do ? I like to give his type another year on the rookie list? How has he done since coming back from his broken collarbone. I don't get to see any of the VFL so interested to hear.

Great win. Radio guys gave votes:
3 Bally BOG
2 Young
1 Kenno

How did Gault do ? I like to give his type another year on the rookie list? How has he done since coming back from his broken collarbone. I don't get to see any of the VFL so interested to hear.
Young? Got no love here.

Great win by the boys, 7 points down into time on and we looked gone, up stepped Bally, Kennedy and Young (who had all been good so far) and they just pounded the ball forward and we kicked the last 3 goals. Still a top 4 chance even now, great win.

Short review of each player;

4; Grundy; I thought he dominated the ruck but didn't do a heap around the ground, had a better second half than first half though, Better than Ceglar overall.
7; Kennedy; Decent first half but absolutely brilliant second half, we don't win that game without BK playing, he ran the game out sensationally well.
9; CLarke; At times you wouldn't have known he was out there, didn't do much at all.
12; Ball; Lifted the team late when it needed lifting. Won the hard ball all day, typical Luke Ball, too good for that level.
14; Young; Our most consistent player of the day, kept running, kept using it well most of the time and was a key to us winning, comes back into the seniors.
21; Lynch; Battled up forward, didn't do much.
24; Thomas; Ended the game better than he started but really should be doing more at this level. Will end up looking ok possession wise but didn't impact the game enough.
28; Sinclair; Brilliant at times then went missing at others, of course that was because his fitness isn't up yet. We've actually missed his type in the seniors.
31; Ramsay; Doesn't get beaten one on one too often but is a slow footballer, did ok without being good.
33; Karnezis; Kicked 2 goals today but one was a freebie, battled away but really looked short of a run.
35; Scharenberg; First time I've seen him live and even though he didn't do much his poise and intelligence will see him develop into an AFL player for sure.
38; Yagmoor, Did he even play? Ok, so he did ok defensively but if he had 10 possessions I'll be shocked
44; Gault; One of his better games for us, took a strong pack mark late and goaled to seal the game, rucked well too, I like how he's developing.
46; Marsh, I love this kid, quick, skillfull and learning how to play the game. Very good defensively today once again.
48; Mooney; Didn't do enough.

Of the VFL listed players Hellier, Williams, Ferguson and Matheson did well.

Handy win for the VFL season, almost certain to play finals now.

Great win by the boys, 7 points down into time on and we looked gone, up stepped Bally, Kennedy and Young (who had all been good so far) and they just pounded the ball forward and we kicked the last 3 goals. Still a top 4 chance even now, great win.

4; Grundy; I thought he dominated the ruck but didn't do a heap around the ground, had a better second half than first half though, Better than Ceglar overall.
7; Kennedy; Decent first half but absolutely brilliant second half, we don't win that game without BK playing, he ran the game out sensationally well.
9; CLarke; At times you wouldn't have known he was out there, didn't do much at all.
12; Ball; Lifted the team late when it needed lifting. Won the hard ball all day, typical Luke Ball, too good for that level.
14; Young; Our most consistent player of the day, kept running, kept using it well most of the time and was a key to us winning, comes back into the seniors.
24; Thomas; Ended the game better than he started but really should be doing more at this level. Will end up looking ok possession wise but didn't impact the game enough.
28; Sinclair; Brilliant at times then went missing at others, of course that was because his fitness isn't up yet. We've actually missed his type in the seniors.
31; Ramsay; Doesn't get beaten one on one too often but is a slow footballer, did ok without being good.
33; Karnezis; Kicked 2 goals today but one was a freebie, battled away but really looked short of a run.
35; Scharenberg; First time I've seen him live and even though he didn't do much his poise and intelligence will see him develop into an AFL player for sure.
38; Yagmoor, Did he even play? Ok, so he did ok defensively but if he had 10 possessions I'll be shocked
44; Gault; One of his better games for us, took a strong pack mark late and goaled to seal the game, rucked well too, I like how he's developing.
46; Marsh, I love this kid, quick, skillfull and learning how to play the game. Very good defensively today once again.

Matty, thanks for this. Good news re some of our senior players.

I am especially interested in your comments on Gault. If he comes on, he could be the answer to some of our issues up forward. Patty K too obviously, if he can have a better run with injuries next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw 2nd half and thought Young was very good. Was watching from the interchange bench but didn't notice Young being smothered, maybe that was in the 1st half or I didn't see it. He holds the ball too long but I don't think he got mown down.

Ball was pretty good in 2nd half and Kennedy provided a lot of energy and a lovely curling snap. Scharenberg was nothing to write home about and had to receive instruction a few times re positioning. Didn't look particularly energetic.

Gault is a pretty good size now so the clock is on him. I'd look to rookie if we need to clear spots and look to bring him back in after a year on the rookie list if he keeps developing.

Saw 2nd half and thought Young was very good. Was watching from the interchange bench but didn't notice Young being smothered, maybe that was in the 1st half or I didn't see it. He holds the ball too long but I don't think he got mown down.

Ball was pretty good in 2nd half and Kennedy provided a lot of energy and a lovely curling snap. Scharenberg was nothing to write home about and had to receive instruction a few times re positioning. Didn't look particularly energetic.

Gault is a pretty good size now so the clock is on him. I'd look to rookie if we need to clear spots and look to bring him back in after a year on the rookie list if he keeps developing.
Gault is already on the rookie list. They delisted him and then rookied him last year. On form he deserves another year at least.

I reckon Clarke can see the writing on the wall. His head is already back home in Ireland.

Good review Matty.

Like you said grundy was good at the contest, his follow up tackling is really good and he hurts blokes. Shazza turned 3 over in a row, which was quite funny but you can tell he has it and will be a good player. You can't forget he's played stuff all footy for 12 months so will be better for the run.

I'm on board the Marsh bandwagon, he's got great intensity which is half the battle for most players.

It was my first game at Vic Park today, I'll be back for more next week!

He was there a lot, as were all the senior boys.

Where were you Pendles, I was on the last step with shades and khaki jacket on.
I was standing/sitting directly behind the collingwood bloke running the interchange at the gates in between the two seats. Young blonde kid standing next to my old man who was sitting down on the back rest of the front seat.

You probably heard me when I couldn't help but give Ceglar a spray when Kennedy knocked him over haha.......

I was standing/sitting directly behind the collingwood bloke running the interchange at the gates in between the two seats. Young blonde kid standing next to my old man who was sitting down on the back rest of the front seat.

You probably heard me when I couldn't help but give Ceglar a spray when Kennedy knocked him over haha.......

Did you have a side part and a Pies jacket on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back