Millewa 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

midzone

Draftee
Dec 29, 2009
Near the action
AFL Club
Essendon
Time to update to 2014. Saw Golly v South yesterday. Golly seem to have a lot of new players but Love did not play. Brad Mentiplay will nearly win the medal. What is happening at other clubs?
Time for Predictions for 2014
Premiers
Medal
Top Goakicker

As I posted in the other thread, Meringur played Riverland independent league premiers Paringa and won by 2 points on the weekend. What practice matches are happening this weekend?

How did yesterday's trials go. Meringur played imps ressies at no 1 in 15 minute quarters and got up by about 5 goals. Pretty decent hit out.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

How did yesterday's trials go. Meringur played imps ressies at no 1 in 15 minute quarters and got up by about 5 goals. Pretty decent hit out.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Was talking to a imps bloke they where very undermanned lets not get to carried away about trial games. Meringur won't finish in the 4 there best players are crossing over to cardy and only have picked up a few Merbein no body's. Im tipping a golly bambill gf Werrimull and nangi to make up the top. My tips for round 1
Bambill v pies= bambill by 60
Nangi v meringur=nangi by 48

Time to update to 2014. Saw Golly v South yesterday. Golly seem to have a lot of new players but Love did not play. Brad Mentiplay will nearly win the medal. What is happening at other clubs?
Time for Predictions for 2014
Premiers
Medal
Top Goakicker
Premiers is a three horse race by the sounds of it? Bambill, Werrimul & Gol Gol
Medal I have no idea but will probably be someone who has recently left the SFL
Top Goal Kicker Luke Stanbrook

I'm really sitting on the fence but I hope the competition is tight and the four doesn't settle too quickly into the season. It's my first year in the Millewa so I'm looking forward to it. I guess once everyone plays eachother once we will all be a bit wiser.

Premiers is a three horse race by the sounds of it? Bambill, Werrimul & Gol Gol
Medal I have no idea but will probably be someone who has recently left the SFL
Top Goal Kicker Luke Stanbrook

I'm really sitting on the fence but I hope the competition is tight and the four doesn't settle too quickly into the season. It's my first year in the Millewa so I'm looking forward to it. I guess once everyone plays eachother once we will all be a bit wiser.
Sorry Luke your a dud

Thursday before a truncated round 1, might as well make some predictions for the season ahead.

Flag: Will say Bambill only because they'll want to make amends for last year
Medal: no idea, will review this in a couple of weeks time.
Leading Goal Kicker: Brenton Love at Gol Gol after almost taking out the title last year with a team that missed finals, should be able to snag a few more this year.

As for this weeks games it will be interesting to see a lot of new faces in action in the Nangiloc Vs Meringur game for both clubs, should be a close and interesting tussle. My tip is Meringur but i have nothing to base this on. The Grand Final rematch at the Lake promises to be a cracker, i am tipping Bambill to get over the line in that match. It will be interesting to see if this rain hangs around longer then expected and what conditions the ground are in on saturday.

Went and watched bambill and golly scrappy game not much to watch bambill could of blew them out of the water if they kicked straight. Talking to a mate who watched Werrimull v cardy game said mark (feral) east up to his old tricks and head butted some young Werrimull bloke nod bad coming from your coach but saying that you wouldn't expect anything different out that way

Well guys pretty quiet on here, nothing interesting? Someone want have a crack a half yr team of the yr? Just to throw something to talk about out there?
Would it be safe to say that the top 4 is set for the yr? Or do people think golly will slide out?
Come on fellas.... Someone say something!!

Bambill still the team to beat can see nangi imploding at some stage (hope they don't) Werrimull could be a suprise packet again come finals, golly got a handy late recruit in j, alderton but wil need more than that. I'm tipping a bambill nangi gf

Believe top four is pretty much set. Just the three teams will be fighting out at the end of the year. Dont know why you see nangi imploding soon, did jus have a draw with werrimull with their two leading goal kickers on the side lines.

Meringur beating nangi biggest upset of the year by far! Say what you want about the people they had out still a great effort. Bambill seem to be Werrimulls bogy side getting the 4 points but by reports werrimull can't field a full side that will help them come finals, golly seem to be in the same boat struggling to field a side and look to finish fourth. Top 3 seem to be close with a big gap to fourth. Finals could be interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok too quiet on here for my liking! So how are the finals going to play out? Bambil have not really been troubled all year and have never had a full side in the park so they have to be clear flag favourites! Don't no what nangi will do with there premiership t-shirts they got printed up after round 5? Nangi and the pies still fighting out 2nd golly won't lose 4th. I can feel a upset coming

Bambil have been the most consistent side all year... Nangi started strong but have faded a bit, Werrimul are working up to what looks like a strong finals campaign. and Golly will hold onto 4th but I don't see them beating the pies or the saints..

will Be a close grand final between the Pies and the Saints, and honestly could go either way.. But I think Bambill Will come out on top this year.

Any predictions for the league medal gents? I seen todays daily had a line for M Hickey to be a favorite. Either a favorite from each club or just top 3 favorites?

My top 3:
B.Thomas
C. Peters
C. Loxton (if he played enough)

Ok guys tips for this weekend

Pies v saints, can't see werrimull getting close with injuries and the saints want it more and have to much class around the ground, saints by 40 points

Nangi v golly I think this will come down to the wire nangi are dropping off and golly are set to bring in big names mentiplay and Mcloud, nangi by 5 points

Who is everyones tip for the prelim?? I think it will be close but Werrimul might just get over the line. From what i have seen I think they have a better overall spread of players where I think Nangi rely on too few. Who will win the league medal??

Tips for the big one? thoughts on B.O.G? My tip is Bambill by 20 odd points. B.O.G Luke Stanbrook

I'm Still Sticking to Bambill.. It will be more of a contest this year though.. Best on Ground will be Brant Reid.. Good luck to everyone playing, including the netballers..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back