Autopsy Round 18 Richmond vs Bendigo @ Queen Elizabeth Oval - 6:30pm Sat 09/08/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Any comments regarding Sam Heavyside? I thought he was unlucky not to be drafted.

Yeah mate good honest footballer with a great workrate. Loves doing all the hard stuff and is a ferocious tackler. I'd love to see him draft and he has had a top season with the Gold. He played well last night.

Banfield was everywhere, actually had a really good game. Hammer did play well, took marks, second efforts, kicked goals, I'll be interested to see his Champion Data stats coz he did everything right.

Opposition weren't great but our players played very well.

Good to hear as that has to be his minimum standard else he will be gone.

Good to hear as that has to be his minimum standard else he will be gone.

excellent to hear that we are demanding this of him. _RT_ i know we had slightly differing views about players being forced to earn their stripes in the twos and I've always agreed with you but this is now showing a bit of movement away from the expectations of senior players at the start of the year till now. I hope a few other players are given these sort of demands too, I understand its hard to call up some players as nobody is banging down the door but i'd like to see Thomas (For knights), Conca (for Madonna maybe) and maybe Morris (for Dea) to also earn their stripes at VFL level a bit.

Really good to see Helbig named in the bests for once

Seemed to have played his normal rough style, just without the clangers and brain fades. Hope he can continue that form for the rest of the year :thumbsu:
Described perfectly. Was his best game of the year. His usual toughness and smarts however there were no turnovers or clangers. I had him very very close to BOG.

was there with nut spoke with a couple of the boys wont rehash his comments Arnott tackling beast asked Sammy about being dropped very level headed said o be expected in your 1st season. ben darrou nice bloke says hes hoping to still be on the list next yr will make a good 3rd tall imo. nice place Bendigo don't let the scoreline con you they had a crack.

Really happy that Banfield is progressing...hopefully he will be the small pressure forward we have been dreaming of for years
I have high hopes for Banfield as well. Watched him play many a great game for the Brions especially early
In his career but he was never ever taught a defensive side to his game or given time on the ball there. If he's becoming a citizen then I'd be tempted to rookie him again next year and see if he can indeed make a career with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's garbage. If he's not gone at the end of the year I'll be surprised and pissed off.
His most recent efforts have actually been completely different to his previous form but as I said earlier, he needs to maintain this form just to get another year on the rookie list. We already will be elevating Miles, Darrou needs to be elevated or moved in, Orren may stay another year. That's 2-3 rookie spots free which means the club may just keep him anyway but then he's not getting any younger either, although I suppose neither is Thomas but he's proven able to bring something to AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back