Your Car Driving through flood water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
hey, being a city slicker i've never done this before, but driving into work tonight the over pass after the anzac bridge was flooded almost a metre deep.

as the water wasn't flowing and their was no lights over then my head lights the road just appeared black. i didn't notice anything untoward until i was right over it.

as such i hit it at around 60Km's an hour, thankfully i didn't slide aquaplane, but i certainly felt it when i hit it. so my question is is this likely to have caused any damage to my car?

hey, being a city slicker i've never done this before, but driving into work tonight the over pass after the anzac bridge was flooded almost a metre deep.

as the water wasn't flowing and their was no lights over then my head lights the road just appeared black. i didn't notice anything untoward until i was right over it.

as such i hit it at around 60Km's an hour, thankfully i didn't slide aquaplane, but i certainly felt it when i hit it. so my question is is this likely to have caused any damage to my car?

Not sure without looking but If the motor is still ok then you should be ok.

Check the wiring.

Also check your radiator for damage. Sometimes if you hit the water hard enough if can force the fan blades onto the radiator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back