Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah well I think it is, particularly for Hepburn and Gordon who have both seniors and reserves at the two venues, I think Dunnstown/Bungaree would have been a smarter choice

League should ask waubra Ballan reserves to move to buninyong and have gordan Hepburn seniors reserves play at same ground. Only reason I can think of is netball.

Yeah well I think it is, particularly for Hepburn and Gordon who have both seniors and reserves at the two venues, I think Dunnstown/Bungaree would have been a smarter choice

Take your point but last time I saw Bungaree surface it was ordinary so that has probably had a bearing on the choice. Catatak solution makes sense.

Firstly congrats to the young grant boy on winning the league bnf. Very interesting to see he polled 49 out of a possible 51 votes up for grabs. The kid obviously has talent. When reading his interview in the courier how ever I found it more interesting that he said he didn't play round 1. Only to see he polled 2 votes in round 1. Something very strange there??? So if he missed round 1 he in fact polled 49 votes out of only 48 that he could of possibly played for. Now this must be a record! Just wondering if anyone could inform me on who is the under 14.5 club umpire down Hepburn way? Please don't tell me he answers to DAD!!

Firstly congrats to the young grant boy on winning the league bnf. Very interesting to see he polled 49 out of a possible 51 votes up for grabs. The kid obviously has talent. When reading his interview in the courier how ever I found it more interesting that he said he didn't play round 1. Only to see he polled 2 votes in round 1. Something very strange there??? So if he missed round 1 he in fact polled 49 votes out of only 48 that he could of possibly played for. Now this must be a record! Just wondering if anyone could inform me on who is the under 14.5 club umpire down Hepburn way? Please don't tell me he answers to DAD!!

Any competition with club supplied umpires shouldn't have league best & fairest voting. It's bad enough that the vast majority are out & out cheats regarding biased decisions but this is beyond a joke.

Any competition with club supplied umpires shouldn't have league best & fairest voting. It's bad enough that the vast majority are out & out cheats regarding biased decisions but this is beyond a joke.
What actually happened was Jordan was told late that he could not play, due to v line cup commitments.
His brother then played in Jordans jumper, played very well and jagged 2 votes.
Unfortunately the team sheet must not have been altered.
First game of the year and hard to know what players are even going to turn up that time of the year.
Hepburn had a mix of 5 different umpires for the year. Jordans father coaches the under 12s, so had nothing to do with it.
Suggest you go watch young Jordan, and then see if you still feel the same way.

What actually happened was Jordan was told late that he could not play, due to v line cup commitments.
His brother then played in Jordans jumper, played very well and jagged 2 votes.
Unfortunately the team sheet must not have been altered.
First game of the year and hard to know what players are even going to turn up that time of the year.
Hepburn had a mix of 5 different umpires for the year. Jordans father coaches the under 12s, so had nothing to do with it.
Suggest you go watch young Jordan, and then see if you still feel the same way.

Lindsay I'm not questioning the kids ability but I am questioning whether any player in any comp can have such a faultless year that they poll 1 vote less than the maximum available. In fact more than the maximum because he polled in a game he didn't play in! Independent umpires may not getting everything right but at least they vote as they see it. Club umps voting for the same player week in week out smells of something rotten and tarnishes the award. Players polling high 30s and even 40 votes to come 4th or 5th is a joke. Or as I said it's beyond a joke and stinks of people trying to manufacture a certain result. Jordan must be chuffed that his brother admires him so much that he opted to wear his jumper rather than his own in rd 1 and I wonder why Hepburn didn't lose the 4 points for submitting an incorrect team sheet? I actually feel sorry for this kid because he is no doubt a worthy winner but I guarantee that 99% of people outside your club are thinking the 49 out of 51 is shonky.

Lindsay I'm not questioning the kids ability but I am questioning whether any player in any comp can have such a faultless year that they poll 1 vote less than the maximum available. In fact more than the maximum because he polled in a game he didn't play in! Independent umpires may not getting everything right but at least they vote as they see it. Club umps voting for the same player week in week out smells of something rotten and tarnishes the award. Players polling high 30s and even 40 votes to come 4th or 5th is a joke. Or as I said it's beyond a joke and stinks of people trying to manufacture a certain result. Jordan must be chuffed that his brother admires him so much that he opted to wear his jumper rather than his own in rd 1 and I wonder why Hepburn didn't lose the 4 points for submitting an incorrect team sheet? I actually feel sorry for this kid because he is no doubt a worthy winner but I guarantee that 99% of people outside your club are thinking the 49 out of 51 is shonky.

Did you not read how I said it happened. And being the first game of the year, young brother Zac, had not been allocated a jumper as yet.
Did you go to the game today? I gather not. Another clear BOG.
As for taking our points off us, go ahead. But almost every team sheet I get given by the opposition, has glaring mistakes in them.
Double up on numbers, and over age players not properly identified, to name just a couple.
As I said, we had 5 different umpires through out the year. Jordan, was clearly best in pretty much every one of them.
At under 14.5 level, you will find half the teams have 1 stand out player.
Has happened for years, and will continue to happen.
Teams tend to be more even in under 17.5 level, hence, that's why the votes are never as high.

Did you not read how I said it happened. And being the first game of the year, young brother Zac, had not been allocated a jumper as yet.
Did you go to the game today? I gather not. Another clear BOG.
As for taking our points off us, go ahead. But almost every team sheet I get given by the opposition, has glaring mistakes in them.
Double up on numbers, and over age players not properly identified, to name just a couple.
As I said, we had 5 different umpires through out the year. Jordan, was clearly best in pretty much every one of them.
At under 14.5 level, you will find half the teams have 1 stand out player.
Has happened for years, and will continue to happen.
Teams tend to be more even in under 17.5 level, hence, that's why the votes are never as high.

Rubbish.

And you would know.
An internet football expert who hides behind a computer to bag everyone else in the CHFL.
Who you after next Merrigan. The under 12s. 13b netballers perhaps?
Tell us who you are, and then we can judge if anything you say is credible.
Go watch Jordan Grant play and then come and see me over a beer.
Not bagging us as an unknown internet hero.

And you would know.
An internet football expert who hides behind a computer to bag everyone else in the CHFL.
Who you after next Merrigan. The under 12s. 13b netballers perhaps?
Tell us who you are, and then we can judge if anything you say is credible.
Go watch Jordan Grant play and then come and see me over a beer.
Not bagging us as an unknown internet hero.

I'd prefer to be an internet hero than a sniping dog like you were Olver. The fact you are so obviously upset just convinces me even more that I'm on the money. Like I said before I'm not having a go at the kid, not his fault his parents chose a club full of thugs and cheats.

I'd prefer to be an internet hero than a sniping dog like you were Olver. The fact you are so obviously upset just convinces me even more that I'm on the money. Like I said before I'm not having a go at the kid, not his fault his parents chose a club full of thugs and cheats.
Ah yes, that's gold.
As a junior coach, I will defend my players every time, and you can sugar coat it as much as you want, but the fact is, you Merrigan, were having a crack at ours.
As for being a sniper. Well I suggest you look up the definition of Sniper in the dictionary.
It states. To shoot at from a place of hiding!!!
Sound familiar!! That's what you have just done to me, and have done to the Hepburn Football Club for a number of years now.
Merrigan. As you wont let us know who you are, you have ZERO credibility. You cant come out can you! Because your a nobody.
So you can have one last crack at me you moron. I am signing off on you. Because as a plumber I deal with sh#t most days. I don't need to communicate with it when I knock off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the Courier is keeping up is abysmal standards reporting. As someone who no longer lives in the area I require the online info to keep up with what is happening. 4 finals on the weekend was it and 1 article online. Pathetic

Ah yes, that's gold.
As a junior coach, I will defend my players every time, and you can sugar coat it as much as you want, but the fact is, you Merrigan, were having a crack at ours.
As for being a sniper. Well I suggest you look up the definition of Sniper in the dictionary.
It states. To shoot at from a place of hiding!!!
Sound familiar!! That's what you have just done to me, and have done to the Hepburn Football Club for a number of years now.
Merrigan. As you wont let us know who you are, you have ZERO credibility. You cant come out can you! Because your a nobody.
So you can have one last crack at me you moron. I am signing off on you. Because as a plumber I deal with sh#t most days. I don't need to communicate with it when I knock off.

Well said Lindsay,but just a waist of time people like merrigan live their lives through their computer and need to get a life

Well said Lindsay,but just a waist of time people like merrigan live their lives through their computer and need to get a life

HA. Yeah Lindsay yeah yeah you told him Lindsay. You sorry Hepburn flogs give me hours of entertainment. Seeing you have nothing to do this September you might like to brush up on your spelling too dumb arse.

Grand Final week is upon us, Springbank have put together 3 very good games to get into the big one. Who is everybody tipping?

For me it's Springbank by 2 goals

Went along and had a look saturday at Eureka...good crowd there. Shame the match didnt get out of 2nd gear.

The senior netball stole the show

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back