What are you currently watching?

Must just resonate poorly with me. It's got an English pub/punk feel to the music. I know what they're trying to do... perhaps it's too blatant. The music style kind of reminds me of some of the crappy later Underbelly series. That probably turned me off the whole show.

Ok, Flight, this is my take on The Killing Season 4.

In a weird way it was like True Detective for me.

I'll explain.

True Detective didn't end up as some mind-bending who-dunnit. A path littered with red herrings and false turns. As much as people though it would be like that until the final episode. And in the end, the strongest thing I got out of it was the way Rusty and Woody developed as characters and learned to like/accept each other.

The Killing, this season, was like that for me. I saw the crucial link with the family by about the second episode. I knew how the Stringer thing would resolve. It wasn't like someone was playing me, bamboozling me, perhaps like the first 3 seasons did. Rather it was a story about Holder and Linden and the journey they took, much like Rusty and Woody. I enjoyed it immensely.
I finished The Killing last night and have to agree with your summation. I actually think it's the character development and interplay that does it for me the most across most shows I really get into. I think you can draw parallels to shows like Les Revenants and Breaking Bad. The story for those in my mind played second fiddle to the relationships between the characters. In Les Revenants for example, it was how the townsfolk reacted to and dealt with their dearly departed's return and vise versa that drew me in, not wanting understand the how or why it was happening or wanting to see how it would end.

FELL

A debut feature film showing at the Melbourne International Film Festival. Directorial debut from Kas Burgess, son of Greg who played a few games for the hawks i believe. Good movie, entrancing, cinematography was brilliant. Showing for $10 at Fed Square, otherwise i think you can watch it online for the same price. Worth a night out to see it.

Hell on wheels. Set in the Wild West, it has men, violence, whores, trains, and somewhere mixed in all that is something that could be confused as a plot or storyline. What's there not to like.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
i'm enjoying Being Human(us version) although i saw a bit of the (uk version) and it seemed good also, about vampires/werewolves/ghosts ect, solid show worth a look if you like that genre

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Watching a new Brit crime series, Happy Valley. A rural setting, and an enthralling story line makes this very good vuewing. Unlike US series that seem to go on for ever, leading to weak plots, this has me fascinated. No young sexy young cops, just a nitty gritty middle aged divorced woman Sargent.Well worth a look.

Watching a new Brit crime series, Happy Valley. A rural setting, and an enthralling story line makes this very good vuewing. Unlike US series that seem to go on for ever, leading to weak plots, this has me fascinated. No young sexy young cops, just a nitty gritty middle aged divorced woman Sargent.Well worth a look.

It's an excellent series. Saw it a couple of months back.

skwunk

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket), Brooklyn Nets
Does Anybody watch Person of Interest? Amazing Concept, executed very well. About a machine which can predict crime by using surveillance around the country of USA. If you don't watch it, I suggest you do.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Does Anybody watch Person of Interest? Amazing Concept, executed very well. About a machine which can predict crime by using surveillance around the country of USA. If you don't watch it, I suggest you do.

Quite an entertaining series. I have watched seasons 1 and 2, and have enjoyed them.

skwunk

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket), Brooklyn Nets
Anybody watch Doctor Who? The new Doctor is very alternative, I don't know whether i like Peter Capaldi or not.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Started to watch Hell on Wheels, and it seems to have a likeness to an old favourite Deadwood, albeit with the railroad as the main story. The colourful language is also missing. However, the four episodes I have seen make it good viewing.

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
New series of Sons of Anarchy starts tonight (downloadable now......if you do that sort of thing)
Good to finally have it back on!.

Current watching the OP trial - not guilty of prem.murder + murder thus far, and they're on break before we hear about manslaughter. Fascinating viewing, as I can't understand a word she's saying, regardless of whether she's speaking in Latin or English :$

Back