Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes fair call in 1998? (correct). Your kicking for goal cost you the GF. Nth were clearly the best team all year and finished on top. With the talent Nth had in the 90's they should have won one more flag. Fair to say.
WTF? It's common knowledge that the September of 1998 only had 25 days (due to preparations for the y2k bug IIRC), and therefore the GF was abandoned. THAT DAY NEVER HAPPENED!
Please take a history lesson before posting here :thumbsdown:

Not sure of the outrage here...The guy judo tossed him, which in itself hurts, then slammed an elbow in his throat. No different to what Lake did. You idiots were even crying about it before we had even seen footage of what he done.
mods we have ******* essendon fan campaigners in here liking the posts of our fans?
can we please ******* tell those campaigners. I'm looking at you boncer34 mind your own ******* business and like posts on your own ******* board.

go and inject yourself with some drugs and whack over your immoral piece of s**t lying sack of s**t coach. your whole team shouldn't even be playing, so go and worry about your own s**t and thank your lucky stars that in the AFL cheating is permitted.

seriously we don't need or want essendon fans liking posts in here. so * off boncer.

So....

If I stood behind your chair and grabbed your arms every time you went to type a post on Bigfooty for say 300+ posts that wouldn't piss you off to the point of wanting to punch me?..

Would I want to punch you? Yes.

Would I actually punch you knowing half a dozen cameras are on me and the repercussions will effect the rest of my team mates? No.[/QUOTE]

You must have some sort of Tibetan monk zen powers then..

Nah after getting constantly grabbed, hindered, pushed and not being allowing to do what you want because your constantly held against your will.. You would throw one.

If the green maggots did their job properly and policed the octopuses of our game we wouldn't be having this conversation.. I feel for boomer because he's on a hiding to nothing.

If you're feeling a little bit sad, here's Werribee's Twitter account sticking it up Jay Clark.

Werribee FC ‏@WerribeeFC 31s
Dear Everyone. Ben Brown was not plucked from Obscurity with pick 47 last year unless you spell Obscurity-Werribee. @ClarkyHeraldSun
Who the f*** is Jay Clark? ..I gotta mate dan Clark who's a *ing legend in more than his own lunchtime but he assures me he's no relation. If I was running the 'erald sun, I'd be sitting the boy down and havin some stern words...."you are paid to write about footy, in the main footy rag in the main footy town, and calling the vfl obscurity shows you know nuffink about footy,,,,,,on your bike son"

Last edited by a moderator:
Would I want to punch you? Yes.

Would I actually punch you knowing half a dozen cameras are on me and the repercussions will effect the rest of my team mates? No.

Nah after getting constantly grabbed, hindered, pushed and not being allowing to do what you want because your constantly held against your will.. You would throw one.

If the green maggots did their job properly and policed the octopuses of our game we wouldn't be having this conversation.. I feel for boomer because he's on a hiding to nothing.[/QUOTE]
Personally I'd be waiting for him in the car park.

If the green maggots did their job properly and policed the octopuses of our game we wouldn't be having this conversation.. I feel for boomer because he's on a hiding to nothing.

Next time he can be pushed into the camera equipment

The AFL is a *en joke.

What other sport protects the thugs and punishes the ball players.

Boomer was an idiot.

Biggest disappointment is that no one really protects our stars on the ground.

Just accept it as we are just stretching out the pain.

* off all you campaigners

mods we have ******* essendon fan campaigners in here liking the posts of our fans?
can we please ******* tell those campaigners. I'm looking at you boncer34 mind your own ******* business and like posts on your own ******* board.

go and inject yourself with some drugs and whack over your immoral piece of s**t lying sack of s**t coach. your whole team shouldn't even be playing, so go and worry about your own s**t and thank your lucky stars that in the AFL cheating is permitted.

seriously we don't need or want essendon fans liking posts in here. so **** off boncer.
Not sure why in quoted but this is exactly what im talking about.

How long are taggers going to get away with this scragging and holding. I'm damn sick of it.

I don't blame Harvey for slamming that prick.

3 weeks is such a joke. Such a huge loss a bloody final for that. You see that prob 3 times a round before the lake incident.

What about head locks? Jumper punches. They will be next. Might as well make the game non contact.

F***ed by another county court judge, this time Ross Howie and last time retired County Court judge, David Jones. They're probably golf buddies.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hate the points carryover system. Just penalise the offence and leave it at that. Boomer has earned this final series.

Opportunity knocks for somebody to step up.

Would love to see if Franklin would ever ever ever cop 3 weeks if such an incident happened in week 1 of the finals.......
Harvey copped such a severe penalty to basically protect the AFL's obsession, their brand and imagine. This whilst talentless hacks like Picken and Crowley continue to get away with their lowlife acts on a weekly basis. No other sport in the world allows such regular illegal behind the play behaviour to go unpunished. The AFL competition is just one big circus.

The worst thing about this, is we lose an out and out champion for retaliating to a s**t stain, blight on the game the AFL wont do anything about.

I wish Boomer had of ****ed him up in a big way now. Should of busted the campaigners jaw and done a proper job. Picken should be eating soup for 6 weeks afaic

* the AFL. No wonder people are starting to vote with their feet. The game is one farce after another.

Would love to see if Franklin would ever ever ever cop 3 weeks if such an incident happened in week 1 of the finals.......
Harvey copped such a severe penalty to basically protect the AFL's obsession, their brand and imagine. This whilst talentless hacks like Picken and Crowley continue to get away with their lowlife acts on a weekly basis. No other sport in the world allows such regular illegal behind the play behaviour to go unpunished. The AFL competition is just one big circus.
The lesson here is that Harvey should have hip and shouldered Picken in the jaw with "insufficient force" and he would have been alright.

We did but the MRP are campaigners, the umps by and large are campaigners to every nearly every team and the AFL are campaigners so what does Harvey do, play into the hands of campaigners.

He's undisciplined. If we were as hard on our senior players as we were on our younger players, then.....

And further, not pleading guilty to both charges. Absolute stupidity.

the referral straight to the tribunal should have been a good indication for where the AFL was at on this one…. not a good tactic to challenge when the footage was so clear

oh well - time for him to rest up

I'm not a North fan but, while I respect Harveys career, there's something about him that s**t's me.

Having said that, he got the rough end of the pineapple with this one.

Looked like a wrestle with unfortunate, but momentary, pressure on the throat. Nothing like Lake and his extended and dangerous effort.

s**t decision.

Sorry to Troll but I will see you and raise you as a Pies supporter.

Prelim Final Jason Cloke Reported in his stand out year, Missed the GF We lose the 2002 GF by 9 points.
Prelim Final 2003 A. Rocca Reported - Missed the GF
2011 - Heath Shaw suspended for 10 weeks for placing a $10 bet. Dale Thomas 2 weeks for jumping off the ground and missed the first final.
We have a history of &****^ up at more critical times.

There was also this bloke named Carman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back