Votes: 45 28.5%
  • Average - Its ok, but there needs to be some improvements

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Poor - What a disaster

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the best board on BigFooty.

Moderators who have the right balance of pulling people up and calling play on, given how much passion footy can generate. Not only that, but mods who genuinely know their footy as opposed to just being glorified traffic cops means there is probably more respect for moderators here than i've seen on other boards.

I think we handle opposition supporters better than any other club board in my experience.

Maybe it was because I came from TPFP originally, but there seems to be a real effort to let everyone have their say on this board, and we can have pretty full on discussions without it spiraling down to petty name calling etc and with a healthy amount of respect. The culture here is great. I think the way the TPFP refugees were adopted after it closed probably couldn't have happened on many other boards and I think they've added a lot.

It's not really about how the board is run (although i'd suggest the culture here has helped), but I feel like reading from some of the really terrific analysts we have on this board has really changed the way I watch football. Like Andre said, I was a footy supporter when I joined up in 2007 but I didn't really understand the game or tactics or have any idea at all really. It really gives you another level of enjoyment from going to the footy each week.
You, sir, win the meat tray.
There is a meat tray, right?

Could do with more brackets. Apart from that leave it as is. :thumbsu:

Game day threads are amusing. They are raw emotion without the filter of time, consideration and context restraining what we write. I'm as guilty as others of being like a bipolar sufferer who hasn't had their lithium, fluctuating within a game day thread from euphoria to despair and back again several times in a short period of time.

And that's just it.

They're visceral spur of the moment thoughts that are an instant commentary on what's happening at the time. No different to someone at a game believing something was holding the ball or not a mark before being corrected on replay.

Chuck in some extra detail or hyperbole for effect so people know who or what it is you're referring to, click submit reply and you're going to get extreme and hindsight-regrettable results on occasion.

But viewed through the prism of what it is - provided the comments aren't racist, homophobic, directly personal, etc - I'm not sure there's much call for wailing or gnashing of teeth.

Well run, podcast is the jewel, shits all over other boards. The only thing I'd changeout is the small selection of knee jerk "sky is falling" posters who want to trade out Hammer if he drops under 20 possessions, but hey that's just me :)

Keep it up mods (and Port board community)

In all seriousness, nothing to complain about.

One suggestion I touched on, and I know we have "Media nods/shakes head" threads, but a stickied thread containing all Port related articles from all sources would be great. That was a great feature at TPFP. No need to necessarily comment in the thread, but just a source for all information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Podcasts have been a great addition in 2014 - especially the ones where players and officials came on and interact with us fans.

One suggestion I touched on, and I know we have "Media nods/shakes head" threads, but a stickied thread containing all Port related articles from all sources would be great. That was a great feature at TPFP. No need to necessarily comment in the thread, but just a source for all information.
yes it was a good thread .. I started a thread here and got the bullet.. did you read what the mod said .. geez

This is the first place I come to for news about Port Adelaide and it's almost always more accurate than the Adelaide media. I also find the constant struggle between pessimist and optimists pretty amusing. Being a bit of a pessimist myself it's good to get the views of the other side of the fence. Don't have any issue with the moderators. They do they best they can in a 'Damned if you do damned if you don't' situation.

There should be a thread, but a link to it in the existing Posting guidelines and Important links thread would be enough. It's another thing that makes other boards annoying, the proliferation of stickied threads. Only two other team boards have 3 stickied, with one having 9 :eek: Most having 5 or 6.

The thread would get bumped most days and stay on the first or second page.

Love this place. I get so much of my footy info from here and not just about PAFC. Without this board I would have lost a lot, lot more footy arguments over the years.......and I hate to lose :mad:

It is a great place to get a few cheap laughs and gather insight from extremely knowledgeable posters which is a need that doesn't come close to being met by the media.

Long may it reign!

I can't respect mods that don't go on four day drug and alcohol binges and forget where they live.
What do you think they're doing for the next seven days??
Respect.

The board does appear to attract a disproportionate amount of metal heads.... Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Back