Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Swann on SEN right now...very impressive.

1. Happy with Leppa, the kids and the club :)
  2. Said we'd probably use top pick on a kid (not that he's our list manager)
  3. No to a Melbourne priority pick
  4. Mentioned that we've got a s***load available in the cap, the likes he's never seen before :D
  5. Looking for a 24-25 year old premium mid, whether it be this year or next :footy:
  6. Laughed about Sando commenting on the heat (24 degrees that day)
  7. Already in with the AFL re. assistance
  8. Probably $3M loss this year o_O
  9. Winning is the answer to most AFL problems

This guy is a winner :thumbsu:

Really like listening to Swann. It's great that he's able to talk about other clubs issues unlike the coach and players.

How much money would we be expected to make in a premiership season? This debt seems to be growing to an impossible amount.

It may be as simple as AFL paying the interest on the $15M (after this year), whilst we pay the principal amount off moving forward. Or the AFL pay the whole debt and we pay them back through a lesser amount when it's club handout time.

From memory, the profits we made in certain sections of the P/L were comparable to the good Vic. clubs, but our outgoings were infinitely higher.

That interview was a cracker. Yeah we'll spend if we have to retain and we will compete with the rest of ya come FA time, and ohh, we have 8 first year players who we are very happy with. We need assistance and the AFL are supporting us like they do many others. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. Winning games is all that counts in the end, ask the Ferrals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That interview was a cracker. Yeah we'll spend if we have to retain and we will compete with the rest of ya come FA time, and ohh, we have 8 first year players who we are very happy with. We need assistance and the AFL are supporting us like they do many others. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. Winning games is all that counts in the end, ask the Ferrals

Wonder if the whole plenty of cash thing will help retain Aish.

Having a look at the FA available at the end of this season Waite is probably the only we'd (mildly) entertain/consider? Then of course Beams at the end of season 2015.

Interesting times ahead, and in the short term at that.

Simon Black was on ABC radio tonight talking about fatherhood. Such a good role model.

I did have the somewhat guilty thought that his oldest boy is probably only 15 or so years from draft age!

Not too sure about little Jack...he has had a few seizures, and if he is that way inclined, he may not be up to the bumps and knocks of footy.
Seizures in young kids are more common than most realise MM, and they're often not an indicator of long-term health issues. Wouldn't be too worried about young Jack yet.

Seizures in young kids are more common than most realise MM, and they're often not an indicator of long-term health issues. Wouldn't be too worried about young Jack yet.
Yeah just watch for him to bite the dog back and we'll all start feeling good for 20 years time.

Yeah, I have heard him specifically describe them as febrile seizures. 99% chance he will grow out of it.

Around 3% of all children under 5 will have a febrile seizure so it's common as mentioned, and around a third up to over half will have a recurrence, especially if they're younger. They do generally grow out of it, and it's only a tiny increased risk of epilepsy above the general population.

Midfielder James Polkinghorne had an operation on his ankle last week and is believed to be on his way out the club, looking to return home to Melbourne.

Yes, I'm very aware of seizures...my grandson had severe rolling seizures every day of his life until the age of 16....on life support twice. Hasn't had one now for about 4 years, living a normal life etc (which I might add, we were told he'd never have).....except he can't play any strenuous or contact sport.

Hopefully JB and Kylie don't have to go through that scenario with little Jack.

(My grandson is having a normal life due to my daughter, rather than the doctors....they kept changing his medication, doping him up into a stupor.....and basically giving up on him, he literally was a vegetable, could do nothing for himself.....this went on for years, until my daughter did her block , decided he had no quality of life at all, and she thought he had nothing to lose, so she went on the internet, taught herself so much about epilepsy and the medication and gradually started weaning him off most of them....took a long time but nearly straight away we could see improvements. He now has a full time job and 2 children.

The doctors wanted to, and highly recommended he have a lobotomy..my daughter told them what they could do with that idea. I am so proud of the dedication and strength she showed through it all.)

Good grief, sorry, didn't mean to pour out my heart to all and sundry........but I just hate the thought of any child having seizures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back