Status
Not open for further replies.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Must say that Holman makes just a little more sense than Byrne.......although wouldn't have complained had it have been Casey.
Whoever does come up though will be pretty nervous.............Sheehan is too icy to be nervous :)

Reading that article though, I think they may have flipped a coin or just sided on what may seemed the more logical conclusion.
Wouldn't rule Casey out, just yet.
I read earlier today you can't upgrade a rookie after round 20 I think. Is it too late for Casey?

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Well you will enjoy the night whatever happens. I live close to the city on the other side of town, get the tram in and have been to most games. I never would of gone to Footy Park - to far and too hard, Adelaide Oval is a great experience, enjoy! and go out for a drink after.

I remember my days when moved to Melbourne in 1990! for four years, I was 15 then and had a part time job being a blue coat at Princess Park, I remember standing in front of the Blues box one day and Parkin belted on the window and told me to get the 'effing' out of the way!

You have committed a sin :eek:

It's Princes Park. ;)

Just heard Richo say after round 19.

Won't be Temay. Can't be Giles, so Holman it is.

Holman deserves a go at senior level, even if he comes on as the sub.
Been good at VFL level. Would like to see how he goes at AFL level.

Holman deserves a go at senior level, even if he comes on as the sub.
Been good at VFL level. Would like to see how he goes at AFL level.

Lost his cool which didn't help him for a couple of weeks but has come back strong since.

Still hard to get a handle on his temperament but he seems a little more composed of late..........(except for a couple of rubbish turn-overs.) :)

Lost his cool which didn't help him for a couple of weeks but has come back strong since.

Still hard to get a handle on his temperament but he seems a little more composed of late..........(except for a couple of rubbish turn-overs.) :)

Seems to be more composed than Robbo, but i've also seen him lose his cool and snap at times as well.
From what I have seen I think he should be able to handle himself at the top level. Think he would make an ideal sub if the club wanted to get him to dip his toe into the top level.

Seems to be more composed than Robbo, but i've also seen him lose his cool and snap at times as well.
From what I have seen I think he should be able to handle himself at the top level. Think he would make an ideal sub if the club wanted to get him to dip his toe into the top level.

He'll snap at his opponent and make the player earn his possessions.....that's not problem.
Holman just had a couple of games where he completely lost his composure when things didn't go his way. He'll learn.

Really impressed with Watson's attitude when Garlett skewed a simple pass to him on Saturday after Watson had done everything right to work his man over. He just rolled his eyes a little and got on with things.........:)

JeffJuddHero.jpg

Wouldn't it be good to have this guy back in this spirit?

Brings a tear to mans eye.

fnm_just a man

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Wouldn't it be good to have this guy back in this spirit?

Brings a tear to mans eye.

Would love for it to happen at Carlton, but just want him to make whatever decisions are necessary to get his mind/life in a good place again, and if that means heading home and/or changing teams, then he has my full support. Would prefer to watch him kick a bag of goals against us and have a smile on his face, than to take an alternate path.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Posted something similar about Richmond on another thread. They do have a lot of luck with injuries and have had for several years.

Port have been lucky this season with injuries? No way. Whether it be the 20 million rolled ankles they've had to a number of key players (Monfries, Boak, White etc), or the season ending injuries to their two backup ruckmen, then there was the time that Carlile and Trengove both got injured for an extended period of time leaving Lobbe as the only ruck in the team and forcing Westhoff to cover as the backup rucks were out for the year. Don't forget last week's game when Trengove and Monfries both were late outs and Aaron Young had to be brought back from half way to the airport so he could be the sub!

Yes, they haven't had many season ending injuries, but they've had plenty of niggling injuries and a number of their key guys have been out for periods this season. Losing Trengove over a 6 week period killed them structure wise and it coincided with the loss in form.

Expecting a close-ish game, but I don't expect Carlton to seriously challenge port when it comes to the final quarter. Port by 3-4 goals.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Port can't afford any injuries. Their season went downhill after losing only 2 players. Imagine if they had half their list unavailable like us.

Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Port's troubles had more to do with their young team running out of gas and their run and gun style got worked out by opposition coaches.

Even Carlton with a half fit team matched Port for three quarters before Port's superior fitness got them over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back