Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He impressed in preseason ...

Is he ready to play RB against Everton?

If the answer is "no", then we made a mistake letting Jenkinson go this season.

He is still really raw but well worth persevering with but he's not ready to play EPL unless it's a dire emergency: he's still a baby!

I tell ya what though, watching that vision, it reminded me that we still have Campbell don't we? I'd be playing him against Everton instead of that buffoon Giroud. He is a really good player that young Joel Campbell. He's just got that something about him and he is one player that I would hate to lose because he felt he wasn't getting a go.

His finishing is his biggest downfall. Just so wasteful. Should have a lot more goals against his name.

Any news one the Arteta injury? Looked pretty nasty.

He is in a moon boot. Dont think anything else is known so far.

I read about the moon boot after the game, Wenger said he "turned on his ankle". Not sure how long he's out for though.

Flamini the most likely to come in this weekend but wonder if Wenger will start Mertesacker and push Chambers into midfield.

He's only 3 months younger than Chambers.
Yeah, but Chambers is a big, strong lad that's played EPL for a season whereas the other kid, he's still learning but I'm not dismissing him at all. He's going to be a good player with natural progression; an excellent player if he is tutored correctly in the art of defending.

That was one of the things that was really obvious to me in Brazil and that was that many players are not very good at defending even though they were played as fullbacks, center halves, deep lying mids. The art of defending and tackling in particular, has been getting worse and worse and at this World Cup, it was really obvious that remedial action is urgent.

Yeah, but Chambers is a big, strong lad that's played EPL for a season whereas the other kid, he's still learning but I'm not dismissing him at all. He's going to be a good player with natural progression; an excellent player if he is tutored correctly in the art of defending.

That was one of the things that was really obvious to me in Brazil and that was that many players are not very good at defending even though they were played as fullbacks, center halves, deep lying mids. The art of defending and tackling in particular, has been getting worse and worse and at this World Cup, it was really obvious that remedial action is urgent.
He is a converted winger as well

Giroud copping it, he's not going to score every game, he was fantastic last season, jumping the gun people.

He was not fantastic last season. Yesterday it was not about him not scoring ( though scoring helps) It was about the fact that ke gave away the ball everytime it went near him, it was like playing with 10 men or even worse as if he was not on the pitch atleast we would not have tries to involve him in link up play...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was not fantastic last season. Yesterday it was not about him not scoring ( though scoring helps) It was about the fact that ke gave away the ball everytime it went near him, it was like playing with 10 men or even worse as if he was not on the pitch atleast we would not have tries to involve him in link up play...
Mate, he's a proven performer, carried the forward line last season admirably, even the best ones have a night off.

He was also rumoured to be an egotistical and disruptive influence on the squad. We can do so much better. His Arsenal days are hopefully done.

Mate, he's a proven performer, carried the forward line last season admirably, even the best ones have a night off.
The bloke is 3 in 23 vs the top 7 over 2 years, lots of strikers in Europe would have his Goal scoring record as the main focal point of attack with the midfield he has behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back