Scape Goat The MFC Truth and Reconciliation Commission is in session

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Purge yourself of your MFC related sins in this thread. Apologise to somebody you wronged, for outrageous actions at games or for supporting lost causes. The commission will absolve you of guilt if you make honest and full confessions of your activities.

I would like to hereby confess the following:

1) In Round 2 1999 I spent the whole day abusing Scott Chisholm for being the worst footballer ever only to discover that he'd spent the whole day being racially insulted by Spider Everitt. Sorry for the abuse, not for the sentiment.

2) On the day we beat GWS with the 12 goal last quarter I was convinced Jamar gave away a free kick at a crucial point in the second quarter and unloaded a horrific spray only to discover seconds later that it was actually Neville Jetta who had given away the free. Not sure how I confused those two but I apologise to the Russian for calling him a ****** ******* **** in front of a mixed audience.

3) I believed the Mark Neeld Method would come good until half time in Round 1 2013.

Confess your outrageous behaviour below.

When NevJet came back in against GC, he was part of the back six that collectively failed against every GC forward. After losing a contest, he stood on the mark and dawdled waiting for his kicker to get ready.

Using the complete lack of atmosphere to let myself be heard, I shouted louder than I have at anything all year since:

"PUT YOUR FARKING HANDS UP NEVILLE JETTA, ******* PUT THEM UP".

He did, in the end, and now he's quite good.

I apologise for being so hard on a player who had obviously planned on raising them a bit later.

On the small chance that my spray from the stands is what made him extract his finger and become a quality defender, I prefer bank transfer but will accept cash if you drop it off in my letterbox.

After "Melbourne won'' against the Dogs last year I ruined the night of everyone at my mates 21st (it was a small one, no parents) by downing a bottle of wine, several scotches, running around the house yelling ''Melbourne won'' to anyone who tried to talk to me and diving onto couches full of people laughing like a maniac.

I then munted on my shoes and jeans.

Good times :thumbsu:

I also used to tell everyone that we never tanked.

I admit I like MFC. Even though I will, to my dying day, think that Jimmy Stynes both thought tanking was a good idea, and was in on the tank.

I admit I like MFC. Even though I will, to my dying day, think that Jimmy Stynes both thought tanking was a good idea, and was in on the tank.
Not really in doubt IMO

Yeah no he was as much a part of it as all the other blokes

Hummm...

I got my membership on monthly debits and then stopped making payments
Im about 2 months behind now and frankly I dont really want to pay the rest after the GWS game

Yeah no he was as much a part of it as all the other blokes

Hummm...

I got my membership on monthly debits and then stopped making payments
Im about 2 months behind now and frankly I dont really want to pay the rest after the GWS game

Go re-watch the game where you knocked over Adelaide.

Your club is worth supporting.

Hey I thought this was an anonymous confessional!!

My son, on the 12th day of April in the year of our Lord 2014, the Melbourne Football Club ran hard, tackled true and kicked straight, and those scum from Carlton were wasteful in front of goals, timid in the tackles and in all way acted liked the tanking scum they are, and were the lesser on the scoreboard.

In 2014, Melbourne beat Carlton. The season was not an utter failure.

And, my son, on the seventeenth day of May in the year of Our Lord 2014, the Melbourne Football Club ran hard, tackled true and kicked straight, and Ninthmond were wasteful in front of goals, timid in the tackles and in all way acted liked the Richmond they are, and were the lesser on the scoreboard.

There is a lesson in this.

Run hard, tackle true, kick straight, and you never know what will happen.

On the day Jeff Farmer kicked nine I got blind (probably on two beers given I was 18) and in the days when you could still hang around at the rooms and harass players when they come out I suggested to Brad Green that he should take my then girlfriend home with him. To his credit he at least had a look before deciding he quite rightly wasn't interested.

In a more recent disaster on the day of the Hawthorn game when people were rattling tins for cystic fibrosis I got bailed up by two little kids, so I gave them both some money and said "Hope there's a prize for whoever gets the most" and they both went "prize!" then ran off in the direction of the nearest adult guardian yelling about how they were going to win the prize. The last thing I heard as I quickened step and got out of there before the kids started pointing fingers was the adult saying "what prize?" The kids will never support charity again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Queens Birthday 2012 I was so pissed off i turfed my scarf off the southern stand after the game. Me and another dees friend decided to go on a Monday bender and bitched about Melbourne all night. Got home smashed fell into my bed post face first and had to take a week off work as I looked like I'd been punched in the face.

Gentlemen, the confession session in Q49 begins.

1) I end up in more yelling matches with Melbourne supporters than anyone else at the footy. People don't understand loudness.

2) The best days of footy for me were in 2010 where the MCG attendants knew nothing amd so we waltzed into Trident for 7 of our 11 home games.

3) My first ever MFC jumper was Jeff Farmer when he took the 8. My second was Luke Tapscott after the Rhyce Shaw bump. My third was 11 the day Jim died. I'm scared to get another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back