The 'Recruit'

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't somebody think of the controversy??

Show's getting better now that the *******s are out of it (In DJ and Mark who wasn't showcased much this week). I was coming around to Waylen, and I think he did have a point with the paddling back to shore, but he just knew he wasn't up for it. It's a shame, because he's come on a lot. If the challenges were all footy based or away from the water he would have lasted a fair bit longer.

From the votes they showed, Padraig was the only one who voted for Semmel (from the votes that were shown) as well. Pretty dumb thing for him to say, when he may have only got one vote from a guy who would be odds on to be gone in a fortnight.

And the big yank is gone as well..

Can I ask for the guys from Geelong that know Moreland... is there any reason he hasn't played VFL for the Cats or anything?

He was playing in the GDFL and that probably isn't a league that many top up players come from. The GFL supplies most of the top up players for Geelong's VFL side.

I wonder if Wagner is perhaps treating it like Survivor or something and thought it was a good chance to get rid of a threat, until Manson got Moreland off the hook. If I was in Wagner's position, I don't think I'd be that furious about it; I'd be more bemused than anything.

Not to toot my own horn, but from Wagner's comments this week, it seems like this just might have been on the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank * Cisco is gone.

Disappointed but not surprised to see Waylen go. Has been playing footy for Beauy in the VAFA and Vossy was down there last week watching him so good to see he hasn't given up and is still having a crack to adjust to the city lifestyle. Clearly the most talented footballer but his lack of self confidence and maturity let him down. You can understand that though and he did come a long way over the 6 weeks.

Wagner and Maxwell firming to win it.

Interesting the comments that Gossy is just a mid rung player.

Mark was a ring-in to add 'drama'.

Boring ep tonight, really would like to see a lot more footy, training skills etc.

Actually reading about the show, it says the last ep will be on the Wed of Prelim Final week where a live draft will be held amongst the AFL clubs, and that the final three will be present. So it's not like they have already pre-taped the winner.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ality-tv-show-the-recruit-20140619-zseqy.html

Last edited:
Wagner, Maxwell and Moreland are the only 3 I could see potentially playing AFL, Semmel doesn't look skilled
Enough and the same goes for Jackel. Goss looks far to one dimensional Bradie looks to raw and still haven't seen enough of the Irish fella to judge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back