List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until trade week rolls around, just going to let this go through to the keeper and worry about us winning our next 2 games and play finals again.

I don't think we should risk trading any of our draft picks for those Melbourne players listed. Players like Trengrove, Grimes and Toumpas could turn out to be very good AFL footballers but I don't think we need to take the risk of using a high pick to get them across to the club. This draft looks a good one to address our needs.

In other news: It would be a big risk by any club to pick up Jeff Garlett now after he was charged by police for an incident on August 3. I was for our club getting him but after hearing that news I think we should steer clear of him if he does leave Carlton.

Knowing the Demons and their penchant for the snow field; I would not be surprised if the drafted 'Eddie the Eagle"

images

and thats the other thing - they already are planning based upon getting 3 for Frawley and a PP

and people on the MB are saying they only just decided to ask for the pick.... ha!
You cant blame people for assuming they will get a compo pick for Frawley. All the media assume he will get enough of a contract that triggers that top pick. For me he wont get anywhere near the cash he thinks.

For mine getting Trengove and Toumpas would be handy especially if Trengove is over his injuries.

Wonder if we could do something like:
Conca to WCE for first round pick
That pick and our pick to Melbourne for Toumpas and Trengove.

Cotchin Martin Deledio Miles Vlastuin Ellis S.Edwards Foley Jackson Lennon Toumpas & Trengove pretty deep midfield group.

I know it won't be everyones cup of tea the above suggestion, but if the Dees are going to have a clearance sale and we have the means to get involved by trading away something that is expendable and while many won't agree with Conca being traded I do see him as something that could get us a high enough pick to get in on the Melbourne fire sale.
I will keep conca thanks. trengove cant run, and toumpas hasn't shown much to me yet.

I'd give them Grigg for Toumpas. Worth the risk IMO, Toumpas in a midfield with Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Ellis and Conca wouldn't even get looked at and would allow him to improve and gain some confidence. Melbourne don't need picks they need players.

Edit: And maybe a swap in picks as a sweetener our second for their third.

You cant blame people for assuming they will get a compo pick for Frawley. All the media assume he will get enough of a contract that triggers that top pick. For me he wont get anywhere near the cash he thinks.

I was more referring to their request for the pp

The fact Roos came out next day saying they would trade it, and it's use in factored into their trade/draft planning clearly shows the begging bowl has been on their agenda for some time

It shits me that still this clubs planning revolves around charity

I was more referring to their request for the pp

The fact Roos came out next day saying they would trade it, and it's use in factored into their trade/draft planning clearly shows the begging bowl has been on their agenda for some time

It shits me that still this clubs planning revolves around charity

You forgot to add Tanking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne players? No Thank you. Broken and damaged goods.
Yes it's enticing but they're more trouble than they are worth now.

Like dating a beautiful blonde basket case
sexiestcharacters-basic-instinct-590x350.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

"You like playing games, don't you Mr Watts?"

They might look good on the outside but they don't know how to win now. We have worked too hard to set a culture and a winning mindset which is still fragile and needs more nurturing. I mean, just look how long it has taken Pettard to come good.

Melbourne is our Chernobyl: A dangerous No-Go zone with contaminated inhabitants. STAY AWAY

I bet Bernie Vince is regretting his decision to leave the crows now.
What did the crows get for him?
What sane player would want to go to a club like them?
I think players went there last year because of the hype around Roos.
This year has proved that he isnt their savior.
No star or even established player will want to go there.

I'd give them Grigg for Toumpas. Worth the risk IMO, Toumpas in a midfield with Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Ellis and Conca wouldn't even get looked at and would allow him to improve and gain some confidence. Melbourne don't need picks they need players.

Edit: And maybe a swap in picks as a sweetener our second for their third.

I wouldn't... I actually think Grigg's become a very important role player. His defensive / run with roles have been very good. You can't just have a team full of attacking midfielders... defensive mids are just as important.

Melbourne players? No Thank you. Broken and damaged goods.
Yes it's enticing but they're more trouble than they are worth now.

Like dating a beautiful blonde basket case
sexiestcharacters-basic-instinct-590x350.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

"You like playing games, don't you Mr Watts?"

They might look good on the outside but they don't know how to win now. We have worked too hard to set a culture and a winning mindset which is still fragile and needs more nurturing. I mean, just look how long it has taken Pettard to come good.

Melbourne is our Chernobyl: A dangerous No-Go zone with contaminated inhabitants. STAY AWAY

We turned around Ricky P in less then 2 seasons

Sometimes players simply can't make the transition from Under 18s level to AFL. I loved him pre-draft too.

I guess I'd be asking questions about MFC development program. Like do they have one ?

dont question L Ron Roosey, or the followers of the Church of Roosology will go nuts (its nearly as bad as when people criticize Stynes)

:D.........They can go as Nutty as a nut bar. As long as they do it on their own board...;)

Haha show me the post. Also how the **** do you tag users in posts?

tag powers become available once the club you support can kick more then 10 goals a game:p. Just put a @ and then type the name. Like Tiger71 was right and i was wrong, the tigers are far superior to melbourne and i will drink my own piss to make amends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back