Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyneton had nothing much on their bench after copping a couple of injury's early, good effort from Weightman to kick 4 but Flat were better on the day
Agree as saw a couple of injuries but Flat had a couple of sore boys as well
Depth is probably the main issue as think the Flat battered a bit deeper
Another issue I saw was concentration as a few Kyneton boys wanted to take on the umpires and the crowd which we all know does not help. The player Collins was a classic he can play as played well against us last time but getting involved with the crowd detracts from the team focus.

Agree as saw a couple of injuries but Flat had a couple of sore boys as well
Depth is probably the main issue as think the Flat battered a bit deeper
Another issue I saw was concentration as a few Kyneton boys wanted to take on the umpires and the crowd which we all know does not help. The player Collins was a classic he can play as played well against us last time but getting involved with the crowd detracts from the team focus.
I remember the last game between the 2 at Dower Park and a few of the Kyneton boys had a fair sledging match with the Flat faithful in front of the clubhouse in the last qtr....

Off topic fellas but what's a good cricket club to play for in the Bendigo area?

bit of a query for u, stormy boy
boys on sen radio's Thursday nite country footy show want 2 know
will milney get to 100, given there's one h and a round 2 go then Storm could have 2, maybe 3, finals
depends on results, % this sat night
wot's ur take on this one

bit of a query for u, stormy boy
boys on sen radio's Thursday nite country footy show want 2 know
will milney get to 100, given there's one h and a round 2 go then Storm could have 2, maybe 3, finals
depends on results, % this sat night
wot's ur take on this one
Reasonable crowd down at Tannery on Sunday - standard of play awful - interested in others opinions!?

C'mon Girth
South last copped the Spoon in 1965 Albury.
So almost half a century has slipped by since their last stretch in the cellar.
It's becoz so much inaccurate stuff (innuendo/personal opinions not backed up by facts/wildly implausible rumours ) gets posted on these sorts of footy forums that so many people get turned off.
Journos & footy writers just don't bother

C'mon Girth
It's becoz so much inaccurate stuff (innuendo/personal opinions not backed up by facts/wildly implausible rumours ) gets posted on these sorts of footy forums that so many people get turned off.
my bad sorry mate - obviously got some incorrect information

Flat should hold 5th which is good for Crow and his crew.
C'mon Girth

Interesting post by someone with over 300 posts. The Bendigo League thread is pretty good these days for some decent chat.

Interesting post by someone with over 300 posts. The Bendigo League thread is pretty good these days for some decent chat.
Hope that is the case Fly
Been a lot of hard work by some very dedicated people and would be just reward
I give is a chance as we always play well against Gissy and boys are traveling ok at this point

gday gents,

Would be interested to see everyones thoughts on who will win the Michelsen Medal this year. I think it could one of the five below.
1. Martin
2. Weightman
3. Jones
4. Geary
5. Maldenis

They are maybe the more obvious ones but maybe there are a few other roughies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gday gents,

Would be interested to see everyones thoughts on who will win the Michelsen Medal this year. I think it could one of the five below.
1. Martin
2. Weightman
3. Jones
4. Geary
5. Maldenis

Nick Lang from the Flat will poll well

Nick Lang from the Flat will poll well

Havent seen much of Flat play and I'm sure you would have Crow. I'll take your word for it. Probably add Filo to the list also.

Who would be the front runner from Strath? Surely a few of their boys would poll votes considering the have spanked sides on a regular basis

Last edited:
Milne would have to get a few but I can't go past Weightman - every game i've watched of Kyneton he's been BOG by a mile

Milne would have to get a few but I can't go past Weightman - every game i've watched of Kyneton he's been BOG by a mile
Not sure about Weightman
Don't get me wrong great player and played well against us but he was not fit last Saturday so not sure if he has been carrying anything
Other issue same with Nick Lang is will they get BOG n a loosing side ? 2 votes may note be enough

Maybe he is an Unhappy Bloods supporter....haha

gday gents,

1. Martin
2. Weightman
3. Jones
4. Geary
5. Maldenis

Going to be an interesting count- Martin and Maldenis will be chances but Im a bit biased watching them week in week out. Weightman and Milne both have to be on the leaderboard you'd think and Square's Jack Geary will poll quite strongly too I feel.

Would be a few of them around at the moment. Any talk on who will Coach the Bloods?
Spoke to a Sth person the other day that said they were close to someone and we would be surprised who and they were talking to and budget price.
The other thing is they are contacting all past players and trying to rally the troops and bring them back to Sth
Said easier and cheaper to bring past players back then recruit new

Going to be an interesting count- Martin and Maldenis will be chances but Im a bit biased watching them week in week out. Weightman and Milne both have to be on the leaderboard you'd think and Square's Jack Geary will poll quite strongly too I feel.
Fly
will be interesting during the count to see the votes Dragons Vs Flat at Dower park
Martin or Lang ? if they were to get votes
I have my thoughts

Your thoughts would be Lang...but tipping Martin gets them
My reason for Lang was his Marking and body use around the ground
Thought he had the better in a good contest
But would not be the first time I have not agreed with the umpires

Back